Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

124»

Comments

• christinaemccchristinaemcc Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a Jeep Wrangler Sport (2 door) - automatic.

Does anyone know whether a hard top comes with it, or how much the additional package would be? I live in Charlotte so not sure whether I need it, any advice is welcome!

I am looking at a 36 or 48 month lease, whichever keeps me in warranty.

I don't know anything about leasing so I'm wondering how much I should be expecting to put up as a down payment (plus up front fees) and how much monthly payments might be for a basic "no frills" edition?

I would like my monthly payments to be between $200-$250 or less, and I can afford to throw down around $3000 or so.

I saw recently discussion, re: GMAC and Chrysler Financial...is one better than the other?

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to fill the tank? (just wondering)

Oh, and is it expensive to insure a Wrangler?

(Sorry my questions are so elementary, I haven't drive in 5 years since I was living in NYC)
  • apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    New Jeep Wrangler Mountain 4X4...

Need MF
    Need RV

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey apdspider. Chrysler's lease program on the Jeep Wrangler is strange. It is only providing support on the base trim level, the Sport 2 Door, which has a special lease rate of 0.15% available on it. If you want to lease any other Wrangler through GMAC, you would have to use its standard lease rates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dlowenthdlowenth Member Posts: 1
    If you could please tell me what the residual is on a 36 or 39 month lease at 12 or 15K miles on a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon I would really appreciate it.

I have a 2008 right now and just got back from the dealer considering a trade-in. They told me the residual was only 50% on a 36 month lease which sounded way low compared to some #’s I have seen on the web (63-67%). However the money factor was solid at .0019. They are offering the vehicle at invoice with an additional $1K loyalty rebate.

They said that GMAC and Chrysler Financial are not doing leasing anymore and they use US Bank who uses a national residual guide and that it was non-negotiable.

The thing that’s driving me nuts is that when I put all the #’s for the deal into the Edmunds lease payment calculator it comes up with a $450/m payment (including tax) they are telling me at the dealer my payment is going to be $550 on a 39 month/12k lease with $6K down (I am upside down on my current lease so a big part of that is buying out of my existing lease). I can’t figure out what could be causing the gap in payment from Edmunds to them which makes me think they are hiding something.

I look forward to your response. Thank you.
    Hi dlowenth. Chrys;er's lease program on the Wrangler is strange. It is currently only providing support on one trim level, the Wrangler 2-Door Sport. I suppose that it has lease support on one trim so that it can advertise a payment on the Wrangler, but doing so is somewhat misleading because there's no lease support on any other Wranglers. It doesn't really make sense to lease any Wrangler but the one that has the special available on it right now.

If I was in the market for a Wrangler, I personally would probably finance it using Chrysler's special rates of 0% for 3 years or 3.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • nank78nank78 Member Posts: 1
    Hi dlowenth. I just leased a 2010 Wrangler Sport 2 door through US Bank and it seems the 50% residual the dealer quoted you is legitimate, as that is the residual in my lease contract. However, my rent charge over the life of the lease is only $230 which converts to a money factor of about .00014, so I guess that somewhat will make up for the heavier depreciation.
  • belvettebelvette Member Posts: 13
    Carman:
    Would you know if there are any lease incentives currently on the 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? If not would the lease figures be for the 2011 Wrangler Sport 4X4

Thanks
    Hi belvette. Unfortunately, I actually don't think that Jeep is providing lease support, or any incentives for that matter, on any Wrangler trim levels right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • onetradeonetrade Member Posts: 4
    does anyone here possibly know the lease rates for a 2011 jeep wrangler 4 door unlimited sport for US Bank? 36 and 39 months and also the money factor?
    I need 12k miles per year

thanks in advance
  • jeepleaserjeepleaser Member Posts: 1
    Hopefully somebody can help. I'm looking at a 2011 Rubicon and have been offered the follwing internet deal on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and $1,000 down payment:

MSRP: $39,340
    Sales price: $36,806

Monthly payment $637 which includes tax.

Is this a good or bad deal? The payment seems very high to me?

Thanks.
  • jlh4480jlh4480 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

I hope you're floating around somewhere and can provide some information. Jeep is running a lease special on the Wrangler Sport. This would seem to indicate that there is some pricing support and special money factors/residual in place that are normally not provided. (I made sure to read your previous posts before posting! ;) )

Do you have the residual and MF for the $299 lease special they are offering?

Thanks in advance.
    You're absolutely right, jlh4480. Chrysler dramatically increased its support on the Wrangler last month for some reason. In fact, one can finance a 2011 Wrangler right now at 0% for up to 5 years. That's unheard of on this model.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are 0.44% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Now is definitely a great time to get a Wrangler.

Car_man
    Host
  • fasanfamilyfasanfamily Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man! I know that there are some good deals on the 2011, but I am interested in the new engine/transmission they have in the new 2012 and was wondering what these brand new versions would lease at. I am assuming not so well since its a major upgrade and they are just hitting lots now but one can hope. Thanks for the info!

Chris
    Hi Chris. Chrysler has not published a lease program for the 2012 Wrangler yet. Perhaps it will when it introduces its new programs next week.

Car_man
    Host
  • saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2011
    Car man, do you have the numbers for the 2012 Wranglers? I'm looking to lease a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 6MT with 12k miles/year. Thanks!!
  • saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64
    Anything? I could really use the lease support numbers. Thanks!
  • mdc99mdc99 Member Posts: 7
    Hi saabguy, my local dealer gave me these numbers. 36 mo. 12k residual is 58%, 39 mo. 12k 56%. Deduct 2% for 15k. Lease rate quoted was 4.74% but according to my research there may be some markup in there. Hopefully car man can confirm or correct these numbers. Thanks
  • jwmanjwman Member Posts: 5
    Any one have numbers to share around residual and MF? 36 month/12K? Looking to get this weekend and can't help but feel like the lease prices are way out of whack. $500-$600+

Know the 2012 are only a few weeks old, but anyone have any thoughts here??

Car_Man, please help a brother out.
  • jwmanjwman Member Posts: 5
    Just got a deal proposed for $450/mos. with $3K down. For a fully loaded (nav, leather, etc) 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Thoughts? Is this a good deal?
  • kim0316kim0316 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership- that's exactly what we want. Is that with friends and family discount?
    Hi saabguy914. No more Saabs? I can't say that I blame you, I've always had a craving for a 4-door Wrangler myself. Unfortunately, Chrysler is not providing lease support on the '12 Wrangler yet. There is still lease support on the '11 model though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jwman. The last time that I checked, the lease program for the 2012 Wrangler was not available yet. I'll ask around and see if anything has changed.

Car_man
    Host
  • amric1amric1 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Hi Car Man,

Are there any incentives or lease figures available for the 2012 Wrangler Unlimited - Sport or Sahara?

I need something by year-end with 36 months/15k. I remember in the past, Jeep has had some motivating factors for either a 28 or 39 month period as well.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
  • tek0166tek0166 Member Posts: 4
    Carman -- I was wondering if they announced the Leasing programs for the 4DR Jeep Wrangler. I am looking at leasing one for 36months or 39 months for 12K per year. I know they have 0% financing for 36 months, but I also thought I read they might extend that to 60 do you know if this is true?
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Member Posts: 36
    I know Jeep backed away from leases for a while but I see lease numbers all over their site now. Are they leasing again?

Also, does anyone happen to know the credit score requirements for their lease programs?
  • dragon5126dragon5126 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2012
    To me Leasing a Jeep is like renting a Steak... the real fun is in cooking it... you cant build up a leased vehicle...
  • steve0112steve0112 Member Posts: 1
    Where??
    [email protected]
    I would really like to know where you got this deal offer at.
  • sgelbergsgelberg Member Posts: 1
    looking to buy a jeep wrangler sport, can anyone give me a sense of what a good lease deal looks like on these cars.
  • chryslergroupchryslergroup Member Posts: 35
    Hello sgelberg,

You may want to contact Ally Financial Inc. who handles all Chrysler Leasing since Chrysler Financial no longer exist.

Here is their contact information:

Ally Customer Service Center: 1-800-200-4622

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
    Unfortunately, sgelberg, there really isn't such a thing as a good lease on a Jeep Wrangler right now. Chrysler is not currently providing any lease support on this model. As a result, if you were to lease one through its captive finance company Ally, you would have to use its standard lease rates...which are terrible.

If you really want to get a Wrangler right now, you will either have to pay cash for it, finance it through an independent bank or finance it through Ally at 0% for up to 3 years.

I love Wranglers...they just aren't great vehicles to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • denver5357denver5357 Member Posts: 319
    Where can I find specific details on the current Wrangler lease offer? The Jeep site mentions $289/mo for 36 months and a few details but none about the vehicle. I have had one local dealership say there are no current leases on Wranglers, another say (after checking) that the lease I explained was available but only on 4x2s and a third dealership say nope, that lease is available also on 4x4s but only on a certain model which is not explained anywhere (manual transmission, etc.). I've never leased and would like to understand what is out there but Jeep is not making it easy! I'm in Colorado. TIA.
  • kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Car_man,
    Looking for MF and residuals on Wrangler sport for 36/39 months with 15k miles.
    Thanks!
    Hi kar_freak. Chrysler is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2012 Jeep Wrangler. You can finance one through Ally at 0% for up to three years though. That's probably the way that I would go if I was in the market for one...though it would make for one heck of a large payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email [email protected] no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    Any incentives on the 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara?

Dealer/manufacturer cash, or finance incentives?

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chryslergroupchryslergroup Member Posts: 35
    Hello kyfdx,

Please visit, www.Jeep.com and click on the Shopping Tools tab. There you can click to view incentives and offers.

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
    Hey kyfdx. There's absolutely no incentives on the 2013 Jeep Wrangler yet. There's 0% financing for up to 3 years on the 2012 model though. That's about it. The Wrangler usually sells really well all on its own without any support. Which stinks because I've had my eye on a 4-door one for years. I know that I shouldn't like it, but I can't help myself. I've always been a sucker for 4-door SUVs that have removable tops...the Land Rover Defender, VW Thing...I love them.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man.... thanks for the reply... I have a friend interested in the Unlimited.... He is a long-time 4Runner owner...

Will let you know how that turns out...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Any time kyfdx.

Car_man
    Host
  • autohunter2autohunter2 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have residual value, money factor or other lease offers for 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara?

Planning on 36 month lease, 12,000 miles or less.
    Thank you.
  • jimmy2012tdijimmy2012tdi Member Posts: 1
    Hey there Car_Man, I am planning to lease a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon but am in need of the residual rate and money factor. Plannng a 36 month, 10k per year... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...Jimmy B.
  • yozhyozh Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car_Man do you have the current numbers for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Did you ever get these? I'm looking for the residual value and MF on a 10k lease of a Wrangler Unlimited Sport 24 mo. and 36 mo. comparison.
  • jeszabojeszabo Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx - Do you have the numbers for a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara on 36 months for 10K and 12K miles?

Regards,
    jeszabo
    2014?

That model uses the standard money factor... what that is for Chrysler, I'm not really sure... The residual is 61% and 60% respectively..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142

Please continue in our 2014 Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.