Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2005 Pacifica Possible electrical issue

mrsd_114mrsd_114 Posts: 4
edited June 2017 in Chrysler
My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica just recently began to lose power in everything imaginable that's electric. The car starts, runs and drives but the radio, windshield wipers and outside lights won't turn on. The turn signals brake lights and reverse lights still come on. When this started my check engine light came on along with icy road light, seat belt light and brake light. Any idea if this could be fuse related or computer problems? 

Answers

• dalkas7304dalkas7304 MassachusettsPosts: 6
    YOU ARE FORTUNATE YOU HAVE A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. Bring IT TO AUTO ZONE AND THEY WILL PULL THE CODE FOR WHAT IS WRONG
  • dalkas7304dalkas7304 MassachusettsPosts: 6
    CHECK ALL FUSES IN THE VEHICLE INSIDE THE VEHICLE AND OUTSIDE WITH A FUSE TESTER, TEST YOUR MULTI FUNCTION RELAYS WITH AN OHMMETER BEFORE STARTING TO THROW MONEY INTO IT. IF YOU HAVE WATER IN THE VEHICLE YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE RELAYS BEHIND YOUR JUNCTION BOX. CHECK THOSE.
  • mrsd_114mrsd_114 Posts: 4
    We tested all of the fuses and they're still good. We ran a battery cable from the fuse box to the battery but that didn't work either. Car runs and drives phenomenal but I have no power to my radio, lights, air/heat or wipers. 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    How were the fuses tested? Visually?
  • mrsd_114mrsd_114 Posts: 4
    With a fuse tester
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    How about fusible links? People often forget to check those.