Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Pathfinder. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• gkc3gkc3 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know off hand what the Money Factor and Residual Value is for the SE?

Thank You
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I do and I would be happy to help you out, gkc3. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that we are talking about a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want info on the program for a different term or mileage allowance. If you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00212 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cgattocgatto Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

What are the MF and Residuals for an 06 SE 4WD Pathfinder 36 months, 15k per year.

Thanks!
    Hi cgatto. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00189 and 57%, respectively. This truck's 39 month lease program looks a little more attractive at .00147 and 56%, so you might want to go with that length lease instead.

Car_man
    Host
  • henrylhenryl Member Posts: 15
    Im trying to decide weither to purchase or lease a Pathfinder. I only want my payments to be no more than 350 a month if i buy i will have to put down a substantial amount of mony if I lease I dont need anything. When it comes time to buy or move on to another car or the option to buy. Which is smarter? :confuse:
  • j1021j1021 Member Posts: 1
    I went with the Lease, I just got a 2006 LE w/Navagation. I delt the truck down a few grand and worked the lease off that number. I am paying under $515 a month, I put nothing down (except my fist months payment) on a 39 month lease with 12K a year in miles. I felt it was a good deal, the first offer they gave me was almost $700 a month. I told them I was not crazy.
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    We leased an ’05 SE 4WD back in March. This one had the comfort and premium packages ($31990 MSRP). We ended up with a 39 month, 15k/yr lease with only first payment due at signing. All other fees rolled into the lease. Monthly payment of $372 + tax.
  • miller14miller14 Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know what the current residual value is on a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, as well as the current interest rate (money factor). I am trying to calculate my payment based on an invoice price of $29,538 with a 36 month, 12K a year lease. Thanks!
  • acm741acm741 Member Posts: 7
    Hi-

Could I get the Feb. '06 residuals and money factors on the AWD LE. Thanks!
  • bevo2bevo2 Member Posts: 2
    Nissan Pathfinder SE, 4x2, cloth
    MSRP: $27,220
    Lease Price: $25,000
    First Month Payment: $349 plus tax
    Money Factor: .00118
    Residual: 55%
    Estimated Monthly Payment: $349.97 plus tax

Is this a good deal?
  • knockoffknockoff Member Posts: 72
    Could I get the money factor & residual on an SE, 36mo for 15,000 miles/year?

Does the LE or SE-OR have any different numbers?

thanks
    Hi miller14. This truck's exact money factor and residual value vary by trim level, i.e. the numbers for a Pathfinder LE 2WD are different from the numbers for an SE 4WD, etc. I'd be happy to tell you what the numbers for the truck that you are considering are if you tell me exactly which Pathfinder you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, acm741. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I will assume that you are interested in a 39 month lease (this is the most attractive term this month) with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for the aforementioned terms, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00103 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bevo2. The selling price that you were quoted for the Pathfinder that you are interested in looks very attractive to me. You never mentioned how long this lease is or how many miles per year you are allowed to drive through it, but it appears to be a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Correct me if I am wrong. If this is the case, the money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money, assuming that your truck's security deposit is waived. I come up with a much lower lease payment than the one that you were quoted though. Using an MSRP of $27,220 and a selling price of $25,000, I come up with a 39 month, 15K, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around only $305.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello knockoff. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD through NMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00171 and 57%, respectively. You would be better off leasing this truck for 39 months. Its numbers for that term, .00103 and 56%, are more attractive than the 36 month numbers. The 39 / 15K numbers for an '06 Pathfinder LE 4WD and SE Off-Road 4WD are .00103 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • stetsonhatterstetsonhatter Member Posts: 16
    Car_man, can you please post the current lease rates and residuals for an '06 Pathfinder SE or S 2WD? 10k or 12k mi. Are there any other required fees at inception (security, etc.)?
  • eschuleeschule Member Posts: 10
    I have a 39 month lease on a 2003 Pathfinder LE that expires at the end of May. The price to purchase the car (including disposition fee) is $16,500. The car will have 39,000 miles on it and is in good condition. Is it worth buying it?
  • mkftxmkftx Member Posts: 1
    Hi:

I am being quoted for a
    2006 SE PATHFINDER
    LEATHER AND COMFORT PACKAGE

Nothing down; $424/month with 52% residual. Is this a good lease? Can I get better?
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    I'm told most lease buyouts are worth it, as there is between 10-15% built in value - that is, the buyout is low compared to "market value" by that amount.

So the question is, do you want to own the vehicle?
  • srbarnes4eversrbarnes4ever Member Posts: 4
    Afternoon folks. I leased an 05 Pathy LE 4x4 last June for 15k miles/year/39mos. We have `12k miles on the vehicle at this time but mostly due to a handful of long road trips. I am now in discussions with my employer to take an assignment in Hong Kong and would like to break this lease. What are the most attractive possibilities for me to do this? I've been recommended to Swap-a-lease's website but have not yet engaged. Please advise soonest and thanks.
    Regards,
    srb
  • gurbangurban Member Posts: 2
    My lease is up on my 2003 pathfinder, I am interested in leasing a 2006. I recently got quoted a lease price of $358.00 a month, for 39 months with $1474.00 down(se,4wd, avalanche white). This seems a little high to me. If anybody has any advice or info I would greatly appreciate it. I am in the northern new jersey area.
    Here you go, stetsonhatter. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00086 and 55%, respectively. 39 months is the most attractive term for this truck right now. I don't believe that NMAC leases Nissans with less than 12,000 miles per year. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Pathfinder S 2WD should be .00086 and 57%. At lease signing you will be required to pay your first month's lease payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, NMAC's $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eschule. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may be able to find out by visiting the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mkftx. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi srbarnes4ever. Congratulations on your interesting assignment. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now.

Your best bet would be to find someone who is willing to assume your lease. The Swap-A-Lease site that you mentioned is a good place to look for consumers who might be willing to assume your truck. The problem is that unless you got an incredible deal on it, consumers might now be willing to assume your lease when they could lease a brand new truck for a similar payment. Lessees often find that it is necessary to sweeten their deals by offering the individual who take their lease over money to do so.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gurban. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • gurbangurban Member Posts: 2
    The only information I was given was the MSRP(sticker price) which was $31,500. I was unaware that a price can be negotiated. I an totally confused in this situation, please help!
  • coachdave1coachdave1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey there,
    Can you tell me if I should negotiate a price first prior to agreeing on a lease number? I have always just settled for the lease price per month....I am doing this all wrong? thanks dave
  • drew5580drew5580 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2006 pathfinder se 4x4 with premium package, leather seats, sunroof deflector and carpeted mats with an MSRP of $34,265.00. I want either a 36 or 39 month lease ( 15k miles/year) looking to put down $3000. If anyone could tell me what i should be looking for as a good monthly payment it would be appreciated greatly, thanks in advance...
  • rmlinnrmlinn Member Posts: 22
    I am looking at a Pathfinder LE for 36 months/12K per year. MSRP is 33500 plus 605 dest charge. There is currently 500 customer cash. Invoice is 30982 so I am shooting for a selling price of 31500 inclusive of the dest charge and customer cash. I am in south Florida. Can you give me the money factor/residual on this vehicle and target for no money down lease? Thanks
  • btsapalasbtsapalas Member Posts: 3
    After extensive Internet shopping, i'm getting quoted a really good internet price from a Nissan dealer. for a 06 Pathfinder LE + splash guards & body side molding & $605 destination minus $500 manufacturer's rebate for $31,695. the MSRP is $37,985 and the Invoice cost is $33,421.

1) can i still negotiate down from that internet price

2) i want to lease
    a) what is this buy rate lease money factor and residual value and do i find this out?

b) are there any benefits to no money down or a low down payment? do you just end up balancing it out with higher monthly payments?

c) are there any benefits to the different length leases? with Nissan's great maintenance scores, one would think one could have the car 60 months with no real maintenance problems.

d) what other costs can i expect at lease time other than what's listed on the Nissan website
    i.e. $400 security deposit
    First Monthly Payment
    $550 Acquisition fee-what is this?
    Down payment

advice would be greatly appreciated.
    great price below invoice - where are you located? MSRP seems higher than that quoted on Edmunds though - I'll need to recheck my numbers.
  • shavhshavh Member Posts: 12
    Went today and received the following information:

LE Purchase Price: 32,798
    To Lease: $479 per mth for 39 mths. 1st payment down + DMV Fees
    Residual $19,368 (.53)
    Money Factor: .00086

SE with Leather Package and DVD:
    Lease: $419 per mth for 39mths
    Residual: .55
    Money Factor: .00086

Any thoughts as to how i can get the $$ down for the LE. I know my husband wants the LE.
    Update:

LE Lease price dropped to 445.
    I have Pathfinder MF/residuals for May for 36 months but have been adviused by the salesman that their "best deal" is on a 39 month lease. Anybody have info on this? I'm a little wary because the Pathfinder only has a 36 month warranty.
  • marck168marck168 Member Posts: 8
    Just went to a dealer today. Test drove a SE with Comfort&Premium package.

Got a standard 36month lease offer

$339/month with $1999 down at signing. I think this is the special lease offer posted on the Nissanusa.com. (now I can't find it there anymore).

They gave me a very good trade-in price for my old Maxima at $3400. Also I am eligible for the $500 new graduate bonus on top of that. The trade in cash should be able to cover all the money down plus tax, lic, fees, etc (about $1500). So I don't put any money upfront.

Could anyone help me calculate my monthly payment with all these trade-in and bonus?? thanks!!!!!!

The dealer also offered some freebies like free service loaner and free oil changes.
    This is NOT a good deal. You SHOULD NOT use your Maxima as a trade in. It is like putting down $3400 in cash. If you drive off the lot in your new car and total your car - it is like throwing the $3400 away.

I would recommend selling your car - putting the cash in the bank and using $100 a mth to put towards your car payment.

The payments with $0 down and your $500 rebate including tax should come to about $415 per mth.

I got a deal in NY for the top of the line SE with leather and comfort and premium package for $409 per mth. That included tax and my 1st mths payment.

By the way a 39 mth deal works out better.
    My Maxima has some body damage on it, so I guest I can only sell it privately for about $3500 maximum. Their high trade-in price made me quite thrilled.

to Shavh
    So did you put anymony down for your $409/m deal??

thanks
    Hi Marchk168,

I ended up changing my mind at the last minute and leased the Mercury Mountaineer Premium.

We leased Pathfinders for 9 years (3 different cars) and after seeing the mountaineer and loving it we decided a change was needed.

They told me at Pathfinder they would do it for the $409 no money down - just DMV fees.

I was willing to walk away from the deal if they wanted me to make the 1st payment. I would say that you could get it for $409 with the 1st payment - it was a tough negotiation without the 1st payment.

Good Luck to you - let me know if you have any ????'s.
    Hi, shavh

Thanks for all the infos. This is my first time to lease a car. So I don't have a lot ideas about payment calculation and neogtiate the price.

so far the number I got for SE 4WD with comfort&premium package, 39month 12k/year lease

0.0005 money factor
    0.53% residual

but the final price $1000 over invoice, which deal claims the promotion price and cash back is not for lease.

So right now, I am playing with all 3 nissan dealers in my area to see the best offer. I don't really have any experience working with the dealers, it is quite painful. I will post my final numbers when I cut the deal.

Regards,
    It is VERY Painful. $1,000 over invoice is not good.

The lease price that I got on a mercury mountainer was $400 below invoice.
    Used carsdirect.com, they helped me to locate this deal

2006 Pathfinder SE 4WD with comfort&premium package.
    39month/12,000miles lease

This is the price after the $500 new college graduate bonus

$600 out of your pocket at signing
    39 months
    $357 + tax = $389
    that deal is so much better than the one you listed before!! I say go for it.

The only way it would be better would be to roll the $600 into the payment - making it about $405 per mth. If the dealer is willing to do that then i would definitely do it.

What state are you in???
    I just had an e-mail "argument" with a dealer in LI who claimed he would have given me that lease deal for $397, no money down.
    I am in Seattle, Wa. There are 4 nissan dealers within 20 miles to where I live. So I guess there is some competition going on.
  • dachrdachr Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal $3000 down $315 a month for 39 months 12K a year 17,400 buy out. It's a 2006 SE Premium 4X4 package Sell Price was $33,000
  • reasheareashea Member Posts: 1
    I am new to leasing, so I need someone's help. My husband and I just purchased a 2006 Pathfinder SE for $25,895. We bought their extended service plan and they threw in lo jack. We put $600 down and we traded two vehicles. The reason for trading is that we had negative equity...about $2000. Our payments are $448 since we had $0 down, neg equity, and service plan. The residual (?) is around $14,400. Is this a good deal, or did we get majorly screwed?
    I already set down the price of a 2006 pathfinder SE with the dealer. Now the final option the dealer offers me a the damage protection program for $499. This is my first time to lease a car, so I have not idea about it.

The deal told me that this damage protection will let me walk away the car hassle free when return the car at the end of lease. No charges for any damage on the car's interior or exterior.

Is it worth to buy it?? Or how much do you guys usually get charged for regular damage???

thank very much.
    These boards are great - thanks to CArman and posters. Picked up an LE with XM,mats, wind deflector (MSRP 34775) 39mo/12K lease for 440/mo which includes 6% FL sales tax. Wrote a check for 440 to get the keys, all other fees rolled in. No security/disposition. A little trouble getting the color combo that I wanted but finally succeeded. Did it all via email - much better than going in person! Dealt with several dealers in So Fla, 3 agreed to the price but only one had the vehicle. 3 other dealers let me walk at that price (they wanted around 470 for that lease configuration) so I think I did OK, they made some money and I am certainly satisfied.

One funny thing - we also looked at an Explorer EB, similarly equipped had an MSRP about 2k higher but Ford has 3500 lease cash. Still, best deal I could make was 90/mo higher with everything rolled in. Kind of incredible - Ford dealers were much less willing to make a deal than Nissan, even when you show them the numbers.

Anyway, thanks to all, good luck. :shades:
    Hi Dave. You absolutely should negotiate your vehicle's selling price before discussing its monthly payment. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were financing or paying cash for them. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your Pathfinder's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. If you provide me with a detailed description of the Pathfinder that you want along with how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, I would be more than happy to give you an idea of what its current lease program should be like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi reashea. I take it that $25,895 is your Pathfinder's purchase price. What is its full MSRP? Also, how long is your lease and how many miles per year are you allowed to drive it? If you provide me with this information, I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
This discussion has been closed.