Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Too high fuel pressure

jonathancookjonathancook Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in Plymouth
I have a 2000 Plymouth neon, it has no power anymore and can barely go over 40 going up a mountain unless it's wide open. I tested fuel pressure and it stays steady at 70psi while running and 62 when I shut it off I replaced the Fuel pressure regulator and it didn't help any. Any ideas what it could be? I need to get it fixed ASAP because instead of 30-35 mpg I only get 20

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490

I have a 2000 Plymouth neon, it has no power anymore and can barely go over 40 going up a mountain unless it's wide open. I tested fuel pressure and it stays steady at 70psi while running and 62 when I shut it off I replaced the Fuel pressure regulator and it didn't help any. Any ideas what it could be? I need to get it fixed ASAP because instead of 30-35 mpg I only get 20

Have you check for a crush or kink in the fuel rail return line? Did you pull any codes or do any data-logging?
  • There is no return line, the Fuel returns through the pressure regulator/ fuel filter on the fuel tank
  • And there are no codes just lack of power and high fuel pressure