Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Too high fuel pressure

jonathancookjonathancook Member Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in Plymouth
I have a 2000 Plymouth neon, it has no power anymore and can barely go over 40 going up a mountain unless it's wide open. I tested fuel pressure and it stays steady at 70psi while running and 62 when I shut it off I replaced the Fuel pressure regulator and it didn't help any. Any ideas what it could be? I need to get it fixed ASAP because instead of 30-35 mpg I only get 20

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

I have a 2000 Plymouth neon, it has no power anymore and can barely go over 40 going up a mountain unless it's wide open. I tested fuel pressure and it stays steady at 70psi while running and 62 when I shut it off I replaced the Fuel pressure regulator and it didn't help any. Any ideas what it could be? I need to get it fixed ASAP because instead of 30-35 mpg I only get 20

Have you check for a crush or kink in the fuel rail return line? Did you pull any codes or do any data-logging?
  • Options
    There is no return line, the Fuel returns through the pressure regulator/ fuel filter on the fuel tank
  • Options
    And there are no codes just lack of power and high fuel pressure