Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• s60leasers60leaser Member Posts: 61
    I think its .00131 again and .57@12k or .54 and 15 k
  • japaikjapaik Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2008 or 2009 camry hybrid - I was wondering if anyone knew the money factor and residuals that are being used for 36 month / 12k leases. (I see that the post above me as the XLE mf and resid as 0.00131 and 57% - would those be the same for the hybrid?)

Also, I've read in the purchases forum that purchase prices are around 3k lower than MSRP for camry hybrids - so that would also translate over for leases as well no? thanks in advance for the help!
  • paws101paws101 Member Posts: 7
    Just finished a lease deal at Fitzmall in MD for a 2009 Camry Hybrid-I'm pretty happy with the buying experience- I live in NJ - took the train down to DC and hopped the Metro to the dealer and drove it home.
    Here is the deal:
    Hybrid
    upgrades: Leather,comfort pkg, NAV JBL 4 disc in dash stereo w/ bluetooth and MP3 capability. 16" alloy wheels moonroof 12K miles/yr 36 mo
    MSRP 31,269
    Invoice 28,232
    Cap cost:28,232
    Tax -NJ 28.18/mo
    GAP-399
    MF 0.00131
    acquistion 550
    residual value 17342(61.50%)
    I rolled all my fees into payment - because I like to pay as I go, with all upfont fees rolled in my payment comes out to 430.70 . First payment of 430.70 was due at signing and that was it. If I had chosen to pay the inception fees,tax,gap etc up front ($2500+) my payment would have been $362 and change.
    A couple of things- The prices at fitzmall are pretty much near invoice. they don't negotiate that much beyond- I tried to negotiate cost of GAP - didn't happen. Easy transaction , all done by Email- very straightforward. I suggest checking them out if you live in driving distance, a great selection of cars because its obvious they do volume business. Best part is I drove 200 miles home and still had almost 3/4 of a tank of gas left!
  • shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    Does anyone know what the MF is on the new 2009 lease special of $199m 36month and $1999 due at signing?

I know the lat one on the 08's was .00010.

Shane
  • jatmobilejatmobile Member Posts: 22
    If the MSRPs and the Residuals haven't changed by a whole lot, then safely assume that the new MF for 09 is also .0001
  • dealboydealboy Member Posts: 7
    Hi, After reviewing comments by some of the users in the above forum talk, I decided to approach Fitz Mall, Maryland to lease a camry hybrid 2009.

Before I went to them, I took quotes from various toyota dealers which showed absolutely NO form of consistencies across different lease numbers (money factor, residual value etc). I had done my bit of homework and read up on all articles on lease on edmunds + most importantly how to use the lease calculator to calculate the lease value/month. There is something about toyota dealers if you plan to lease/buy a hybrid. Since they are selling lot of them they want to make more money on it. They don't really care about few customers like me who work out on the numbers and tell them that they are giving a higher quote.

I approach a sales rep to get the lease numbers. He comes up with some competitive figures as compared to other toyota dealers. However, I use the edmunds calculator and see that the numbers are still quite high and they ask me to get in touch with one of their managers. When I do this, the manager says the edmunds calculator is wrong, lol!!..He is not able to justify his deal and kinda started speaking in a rude manner. I told him I am okay with you making some money but I am not going to give you such a big difference. Finally the deal was off. I had a gr8 lease deal which worked out much much better than this one. So, moral of the story: work on your numbers and that should tell you if its a DEAL or a NO DEAL. Dont give your hard earned money easily. Happy Leasing!
  • stoogotzstoogotz Member Posts: 4
    I just finished a lease deal on an identical hybrid @ Conicelli Toyota in Conshohocken, PA. Apparently the deal from Toyota expired 4/1, so I put it all together by 3/31 and leased it sight unseen. I did have some success negotiating the Gap, but nothing earth shaking. I put down $2400 and pay under $370/mo. with 15K mi/yr. The people there were VERY easy to work with....this is the third car I've bought from them. Work has taken me to West PA. and I'm getting 30-34 mpg in a lot of hills. Great car overall.
    I'm not following, were the people at Fitzmall rude? That was not my experience at all. If you got a better lease deal, great, but please share the numbers so others can learn. I know my monthly payment could have been much less had I put a down payment but I never do that on a lease. In my state(NJ) I was getting lease quotes for 550+ per month so, I'm happy with the deal I ended up with. And I was very satisfied with how I was treated at Fitzmall.
    That sounds like a good deal with 15K, was the 2400 cap cost reduction or just the fees(inception, GAP, TAX etc.). And where is Conshoshocken? near PHILI?
  • dealboydealboy Member Posts: 7
    Paws101,
    Here are the Camry hybrid 2009 figures for 15K miles/ 3 years that i missed out earlier -

MSRP $31269
    selling price $28285
    invoice price $28185
    residual value $16835
    terms 3 years & 15k miles/year
    Gap insurance $399, included
    !st payment $445.02, due at signing
    payments (35) $445.02
    money factor .00131

Payments go upto $487 if I plan to lease it for 20K miles/ 3 years. Let me know what you think of this deal? As opposed to this I got an Acura tsx 2008 deal for $504. I am more inclined towards the Acura TSX 2008.
  • stoogotzstoogotz Member Posts: 4
    Earlier today I was on the net and saw on Edmunds.com that Toyota had extended the special lease on the TCH until 4/30/08. It was $269/mo. with just under $2400 down for a 2009 TCH with options UP, SR and FE. Later on today, it was no longer listed.(??) It might be worth a call to a dealer to see if it's on or not. I got my TCH last month and it was fully optioned....the money factors extended up to the fully optioned vehicle.
    I think this deal sounds similiar if not a little better than my deal- I got 12K /yr /36 mo for 432 your getting 15K/ 36 mo for 445- $13/ difference - the 250 miles per month difference ,your paying about a nickel a mile for the extra 250 miles instead of the .15 per mile you would at lease end. Then factor in the gas savings that where the dollars really add up - Ka-Ching! It might not be as luxuious as an Acura but I like only going to the gas station twice a month. I came out of a BMW x5 to this car and I don't miss it for a minute.
  • kultor322kultor322 Member Posts: 2
    :) Has anyone recently leased an 09 or new 08 LEV6? I'm in Alexandria, VA
    I recently leased a 2009 XLE with leather,VSC and heated seats.3 yr, 15kmiles/yr for $345.16 /month plus sales tax=365.87/month.
    MSRP =$25,939
    GAP=$185
    Acq.fee= $550.
    Gross Cap cost =$26,128.73.
    RV $15,589.
    MF= .00131

Only $ down was 1 month pymt plus $154.67 reg,$12.50 tire fee,$45 processing(?)$77.90 cap.cost reduction.

I have had the car for 2 weeks now. The dealer called me yesterday and wants me to sign a TMCC form "Vehicle Excise Tax/personal Property Tax Notice, agreeing to pay any additional fees or taxe related to the lease of this vehicle.

Dealer says TMCC has never asked for this form before, but now they need it.
    What is this about? I am paying tax-sales tax- as part of my mo pymt. Am I responsible for this tax-I thought TMCC would pay th eproperty tax as they own the vehicle.? Anyone know the answer to this one? I feel like this may be a way for them to get more $ out of me than the payment we agreed to...
    :confuse: Carman?
    Wow!!! Totally unheard of!! Which state are you in? Not that it matters, but just curious..........
    I am in CT(car is registered in CT) but cal leased from a NY dealer.
    So is "Wow " in response to them asking me for more money or for the lease numbers?
    Still confused
    :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
    Carman-Are you there?
    KYFDX :confuse:
    Can you help me understand this?
    You have a bound contract... that was that big huge lease form, from TFS... as a matter of fact, if this happens to be a stealership ploy, then why don't you call TFS directly? Its been two weeks, so you should be in TFS's systems... call them up -800-874-8822.... you probably don't have an account number yet, but they should be able to look up your deal with the stealership using the VIN number....
    I did call, thanks for the suggestion! Their (TFS) explanation is perhaps a missed paper from the closing, can't change the mo pymt, but that the form in question may be for PROPERTY tax, billed separately by county/town and different from sales tax-?
  • yossarian3yossarian3 Member Posts: 30
    I live near Hartford and I noticed that the lease deal in MA is better than in CT. The same downpayment and monthly payment gets a Camry LE in MA, but it only gets a Camry CE in CT.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't go to MA to lease?

I've never leased before, but if I am able to lease based on the money factor mentioned here, isn't the major determinant of lease rate going to be the purchase price I negotiate?
  • regdunlapregdunlap Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone confirm the new MF on the Camry for May ???

I was quoted a tier one MF of .00099 with Tier two coming in at .00109
  • jrosserjrosser Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted in Omaha, NE (granted no credit check):

Residual Value: 13086
    MF: .00131
  • hondamattnjhondamattnj Member Posts: 53
    That is how it works in CT. I was a Finance Mgr. for a Honda dealership in NJ. The dealership charges the CT sales tax in the lease but the property tax is calculated/billed separately. There is another state which handles property tax like this, off the top of my head I want to say it is South Carolina.
  • arache97arache97 Member Posts: 20
    Received following quote from a NYC dealer:

2009 Camry SE, 2.4-Liter 4-Cylinder, 5-Speed Automatic
    Aluminum wheel (all season), Color-keyed rear lip spoiler, Moonroof Package, Sport Shift Knob , Magnetic Gray Metallic, Dark Charcoal Fabric
    MSRP: $24,390
    Cap Cost: $22,509
    Residual: $13,784
    MF: 00099
    36 mths / 12k miles
    $315.27 + tax with $0 down ($892.77 due at signing, which includes 1st payment and DMV fees)
    Or
    $281.39 + tax with $2000 down ( includes 1st payment and DMV fees)

I didn't add any options as I want to keep payments as low as possible. Anything I should considering adding that would worth the extra money?
    Can I do better than this offer?
    Thanks
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    i'd add the satellite radio
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Nahh....don't need satellite radio (or to pay for it, either). The standard ipod aux input lets you play exactly what you want.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Nahh....don't need satellite radio (or to pay for it, either).

Depends.... I have it in my Expedition and on a 1000 mile trip was able to listen to my favorite chanel, static free without flipping through the chanels every 100 miles or so. I don't have it on my TCH and am letting my subscription run out on the EXPO in hopes of getting a mobile unit (if it fits in my ipod connection) and using it with just one subscription for both cars and the house.
    Yep, had it on my suburban and let expire. Kids want more direct control over their listening experience on trips.....either ipods or pc's. And heck, for the cost of the subscription you can buy an mp3 player (if don't have one) and load ONLY the songs you want to hear. Given the iphones and ipods that they have, satellite is kind of last generation to them.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Unfortunately the only place I listen anymore to music is in the car and I don't want to keep spending $$$'s on the newest songs to record them to an iPod so the satellite radio was pretty nice. However I still have not decided to renew as I have a favorite channel that I can listen to 90% of the time.
    i use the satellite for the espn/fox sports/cnn news, etc... not so much music.
  • mattndaymattnday Member Posts: 16
    I am located in Northern California and just landed what I think is an awesome deal on a Camry.

MSRP $23024 - 4 Cyl LE with Moonroof and floormats
    Gross Cap Cost - $19602 (Included fees)
    $920 cash to initiate lease including all taxes and fees
    Residual - $13510
    Payment - $198.86 + 15.41 tax = $214.27 Total payment
    36 months

Dealer was awesome. We did have to drive 100 miles to get the deal but the best we could do locally was same payment with 2-3k thousand more as a down payment.

The best part of the whole deal is they ran our credit and did a majority of the paperwork prior to our arrival. We were in/out in under an hour despite their dealership being swamped at the time. All I can say is that I will never buy a car without using a dealership's fleet/internet manager again.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi regdunlap. The money factor that you mentioned is right on the money for areas that have the better of the two money factors that Toyota is offering on the 2009 Camry right now. In some other regions, the Camry's money factor is higher at .00131 for Tier 1+ customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new Camry, mattnday. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • piepiezzzpiepiezzz Member Posts: 2
    Let me know what you think on this deal.

2009 Camry LE
    with $1,000 new grad rebate.

Base LE AT 4-cyl

36-months-36000 miles
    sign and drive $242 month.

Seems like a great deal to me but I have not done a great deal of research on this car.

Should I do this deal?
    You don't mention what part of the country you are or your tax rates, but a previous poster just signed at about 215 per month. Might not be achievable in your local geography though.
  • kultor322kultor322 Member Posts: 2
    want to lease an 08 or 09 , from Fitzmall. I would like SR and JBL. I'm not interested in the other options. I have contacted a sales rep who says that he can get one tranferred from another dealership, but that I would have to pay a little more. Anyone have any suggestions? Would it bve better to try to negotiate with a dealer here in Northern Virginia?
  • cl1979cl1979 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Matt which dealer did you get this excellent deal from?
  • mattndaymattnday Member Posts: 16
    Capitol Toyota Livermore, CA
  • rlh44rlh44 Member Posts: 2
    I am currently negotiating an LE lease in Connecticut.

Here are the numbers I have so far

MSRP 22,084
    Sale Price 20,131
    MF .0009
    Residual 13,159
    3 years 12Kmiles
    tags & fees $850

Is this the correct MF and residual?

I have been told by two dealers that 20,131 is the invoice price. This disagrees with edmunds which shows invoice as 19,862. Is this correct?

Are Fees negotiable?

I would appreciate any input.
    You can do better on the price......by about 750 bucks

LE w/MSRP_22084
  • zeus1zeus1 Member Posts: 8
    Can somebody tell me the Money Factor and Residual for 2009 Camry SE V6 for 36 months - 15,000 miles/yr. I'm very interested but got two quotes that are extremely different just wanted to see which was correct.

Thanks
  • lunchmeatslunchmeats Member Posts: 9
    Just picked-up a 2009 Camry LE in Central NJ. $950 TOP, 36/ mon, 12K, $255/month includes tax and gap. How did I do?
  • another_otheranother_other Member Posts: 8
    Hi lunchmeats,

Can you please tell me which dealership you picked this up from? Also, what was included in the $950?

Would you happen to have the MF & residual you were given?

I am interested in leasing one soon as well and would appreciate this info.

Thanks.
  • lunchmeatslunchmeats Member Posts: 9
    Freehold Toyota. The $950 was first mon payment, tax etc. I do not know the MF. This deal also incl. gap insur.
    Hi zeus1. Toyota's lease program often varies depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. In most of the country, Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Camry SE V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 60%, respectively. If you tell me what state you are in, I can confirm whether this program is definitely available on your area. Also, keep in mind that TFS' residual values are different than most other banks resids. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows, making it difficult to calculate the actual dollar residual value for specific units. It's so tricky that TFS sends lists of dollar resids to dealers for the models that they have in inventory rather than relying on them to calculate the resids themselves.

Car_man
    Host
  • another_otheranother_other Member Posts: 8
    Hi guys,

I just signed the paperwork on a desert LE/w floormats, no additional options. Very easy dealership in central jersey (Dayton Toyota). In and out of there in about an hour or so.

Selling price: 19585
    Monthly: $219.95 (including taxes) + $13 (gap insurance)
    Upfront: 1300 (includes first month - 233/bank fees - 550/doc fees - 175/tags)

MF: .00099

Hopefully, I did alright.

Thanks for all the wonderful info on this website
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Hi Car_man,

I am in NJ, interested in a similar 2009 SE V6 with the following options from Toyota WEB site:Option B $5,700
    Aluminum wheels (all season) [AS]
    Color-keyed rear lip spoiler [RF]
    Moonroof Package
    Sport Leather Package
    Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [14] with Traction Control (TRAC) [VS]
    Voice-activated DVD navigation system
    Sirius sat radio
    MSRP: $32,134
    Could you let me know what MF and residual I should use for 24/36 month 12K miles per year payment calculation?
    Thanks for you help.
  • bgates222bgates222 Member Posts: 38
    my friend said he was offered this deal here in nyc unfortuantley he didnt get any of the usual money factor , residual, ect but he said he knew someone who knew someone etc.. he was offered a 2009 se v6 camry with navigation , leather, bluetooth, sunroof, heated mirrors, 36 months 15k miles per 229.00 month with 2k down he was told 2k is tax, tags,bank fee, 1st month and i think with everyuthing rolled in it was like 265.00 a month. I thought it seemed good but without the price of the car , money factor and residual can you really know?
    it is too good to be true-- your friend is pulling one over you.
  • bgates222bgates222 Member Posts: 38
    yeah i wasnt sure if he had the specifics right but there would be no reason for him to pull one over on me its his lease not mine he just called me for advice
  • aarajiaaraji Member Posts: 78
    Hello Carman,

I am looking for lease rates on the Camry right now.

I live in Maryland
    Looking for MF, Residual
    Between, LE, XLE, and V6 XLE I want to find the best deal.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.