Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - 2018 Odyssey Lease Question - Money Factor and Residual, Trade-in value

oddie14oddie14 Posts: 9
edited July 2017 in Honda
Money factor and residual for 2018 Odyssey EX-L No-Nav, No-Res, 36 months,12K and 15K miles/year? Incentives? Orange County, CA (zip 92821).

Also, I have a lease on a 2014 EX-L No Nav, No Res with 47K miles I need to turn-in. My mileage allowance is 36K, so I will be a paying a $2k+ penalty. I am thinking of asking for a trade-in value of $21K (pay-off is $19K) in order to offset that penalty. Is that a fair expectation?

Finally, any feedback on pricing for the 2018?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

  • rocknryrocknry Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    Could you provide the MF and Residual for the '18 Touring/Elite 36/12k? I should also add I am in South Florida, 34997 area.

    Do you anticipate any flexibility around MSRP yet?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,187
    rocknry said:

    Could you provide the MF and Residual for the '18 Touring/Elite 36/12k? I should also add I am in South Florida, 34997 area.

    Do you anticipate any flexibility around MSRP yet?

    .00200 and 60% (Touring) or 59% (Elite)

    No information about pricing, but I'd guess that the dealers are more willing to discount the remaining 2017's on the lot.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hi,

    Can you please let me know MSRP, Money factor and residual for 2018 Odyssety Touring, 36 months, 15K miles/year? Incentives? Burlingame CA 94010.

    I am hearing that dealers are charging over MSRP as they are hard to get. Do you hear anything similar?

    Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    Hi,

    Can you please let me know MSRP, Money factor and residual for 2018 Odyssety Touring, 36 months, 15K miles/year? Incentives? Burlingame CA 94010.

    I am hearing that dealers are charging over MSRP as they are hard to get. Do you hear anything similar?

    Thank you!

    .00200 MF and 58% residual

    We don't track pricing.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • rocknryrocknry Posts: 9
    Thanks for your response. Looks like the MF is a bit too high for my taste at the moment.

    Any idea how long it took the new CRV for the MF and lease incentives to start kicking in the buyers favor?

    I'll scour the forum, but you may have a quicker idea.

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,187
    rocknry said:

    Thanks for your response. Looks like the MF is a bit too high for my taste at the moment.

    Any idea how long it took the new CRV for the MF and lease incentives to start kicking in the buyers favor?

    I'll scour the forum, but you may have a quicker idea.

    Thanks!

    It hasn't, yet.

    CR-V's are still incredibly popular; so long as they are, there is no incentive for Honda Finance to lower the MF.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rocknryrocknry Posts: 9
    Hi there, 

    Sorry to bother you again, but could you provide the Residual and MF for the EXL Navi+RES. The local dealer has one on the lot and I might be able to make a good play on it. 

    Thanks for your help! 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    rocknry said:

    Hi there, 

    Sorry to bother you again, but could you provide the Residual and MF for the EXL Navi+RES. The local dealer has one on the lot and I might be able to make a good play on it. 

    Thanks for your help! 

    .00200 MF and 61% residual for 36/12

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • rocknryrocknry Posts: 9
    Went into the dealership and we agreed to 42.3k on price.

    We ended up no agreeing on purchasing the car as the dealership had 2615 in fees on top of it.

    595 acq. - which is understood from HF
    699 dealer fee (no thanks)
    99.99 CRV fee
    410 tag fee (I can register it myself)
    2 lemon law fee (this is req'd)
    69 tire/bal/rental fee
    45 doc fee
    695 phantom fee - wasn't disclosed in the fees, but was added into the cap cost.

    We does it take to find a good dealership that won't try to take advantage of every customer on the back end?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,187
    rocknry said:

    Went into the dealership and we agreed to 42.3k on price.

    We ended up no agreeing on purchasing the car as the dealership had 2615 in fees on top of it.

    595 acq. - which is understood from HF
    699 dealer fee (no thanks)
    99.99 CRV fee
    410 tag fee (I can register it myself)
    2 lemon law fee (this is req'd)
    69 tire/bal/rental fee
    45 doc fee
    695 phantom fee - wasn't disclosed in the fees, but was added into the cap cost.

    We does it take to find a good dealership that won't try to take advantage of every customer on the back end?

    There isn't. All dealerships make a ton of profit in the F&I office.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • zoe55zoe55 Posts: 6
    What's August 2017 MF & residual for 2018 Odyssey Elite in Nor Cal? 36mo/12k.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    zoe55 said:

    What's August 2017 MF & residual for 2018 Odyssey Elite in Nor Cal? 36mo/12k.

    The 2017 Odyssey program expired yesterday. No word yet on a new one, if any.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • zoe55zoe55 Posts: 6
    I meant 2018 odyssey elite for this month. MF & residual.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    zoe55 said:

    What's August 2017 MF & residual for 2018 Odyssey Elite in Nor Cal? 36mo/12k.

    zoe55 said:

    I meant 2018 odyssey elite for this month. MF & residual.

    I'm sorry.. can't read. ;)

    .00200 MF and 59% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • thisispralthisispral Posts: 3
    edited August 2017
    Could I have the numbers for the 2018 touring and elite at 12k/36 in Honolulu? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    Could I have the numbers for the 2018 touring and elite at 12k/36 in Honolulu? Thanks!

    .00200 MF and 60%/59% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • oddie14oddie14 Posts: 9
    Money factor and residual for 2018 Odyssey EX-L No-Nav, No-Res, 48 months,12K and 15K miles/year? Orange County, CA (zip 92821).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    oddie14 said:

    Money factor and residual for 2018 Odyssey EX-L No-Nav, No-Res, 48 months,12K and 15K miles/year? Orange County, CA (zip 92821).

    .00225 MF and 53%/51% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.