Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - what kind of financing deals for Golf/GTI after Aug 31?

ninjastyleninjastyle Posts: 1
edited August 2017 in Volkswagen
I am looking to purchase a new Golf or GTI (haven't yet made up my mind). I see on vw.com that they are offering 0.9% financing for 72 months. Here's my situation: I have 2 payments left on a lease that will be up in Oct/Nov. I could either: (a) eat the 2 payments and buy a new Golf/GTI now, or (b) wait until the lease ends in Oct/Nov, but if I do that then there is a chance that the 0.9% financing will no longer be available.

My question is: based on years past, what kinds of financing deals would you expect on the 2017 Golf/GTI in Oct/Nov 2017? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

  • phkw8917phkw8917 Posts: 12
    Hello, do you know if dealers can combine .9% for 72 months with any other VW rebates they get? Dealer gave me almost 6k off the car but then said I couldn't do the 0.9. Just want to make sure that's true. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,977
    phkw8917 said:

    Hello, do you know if dealers can combine .9% for 72 months with any other VW rebates they get? Dealer gave me almost 6k off the car but then said I couldn't do the 0.9. Just want to make sure that's true. Thanks!

    If they write it at 1.9%, they get an extra $500.
    2.9% gets an extra $500 on top of that.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • phkw8917phkw8917 Posts: 12
    kyfdx said:

    phkw8917 said:

    Hello, do you know if dealers can combine .9% for 72 months with any other VW rebates they get? Dealer gave me almost 6k off the car but then said I couldn't do the 0.9. Just want to make sure that's true. Thanks!

    If they write it at 1.9%, they get an extra $500.
    2.9% gets an extra $500 on top of that.
    Thanks for the info, that's helpful. I qualify for 0.9 but they were writing it at 2.99. Sounds like I can still push for 0.9 and maybe meet in the middle, or ask for another 500 off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,977
    phkw8917 said:

    kyfdx said:

    phkw8917 said:

    Hello, do you know if dealers can combine .9% for 72 months with any other VW rebates they get? Dealer gave me almost 6k off the car but then said I couldn't do the 0.9. Just want to make sure that's true. Thanks!

    If they write it at 1.9%, they get an extra $500.
    2.9% gets an extra $500 on top of that.
    Thanks for the info, that's helpful. I qualify for 0.9 but they were writing it at 2.99. Sounds like I can still push for 0.9 and maybe meet in the middle, or ask for another 500 off?
    I'm sure they'll give you 0.9%, but it will result in $1000 less for them. How they will respond to negotiations is anyone's guess.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.