Car Buying Advice - Leasing a 2017 is350 f w/nav+ML sound+BSM

phxdude1phxdude1 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2017 in Lexus
Have 3 mo left on my 2015 is350 lease and dealer is offering to pay last 3 pymts to put me in a new 2017 is350 f w/nav+ML sound+BSM. 49678 msrp 46100 sp 3500 rebate 36mo/10k mi 56% res .0005 MF 8.6% tax 700 down for license fees 546.27 monthly incl tax Do these numbers work out correctly and is the deal solid?

Answers

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 210,404
    phxdude1 said:

    Have 3 mo left on my 2015 is350 lease and dealer is offering to pay last 3 pymts to put me in a new 2017 is350 f w/nav+ML sound+BSM.

    49678 msrp
    46100 sp
    3500 rebate
    36mo/10k mi
    56% res
    .0005 MF
    8.6% tax
    700 down for license fees
    546.27 monthly incl tax

    Do these numbers work out correctly and is the deal solid?

    That's about $502/mo.+tax.
    To get to $502/mo, the adjusted CAP cost would have to be about $2000 more than $46100 minus $3500 rebate.
    There is an acquisition fee of $795, tax on the rebate would be about $300. That leaves about $900 unaccounted for. Maybe, the dealer is just adding your lease payments into your lease deal?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • phxdude1phxdude1 Member Posts: 4
    I don't think I follow. What do you mean by "the dealer is just adding your lease payments into your lease deal"? How do they do that? I posted all the info they gave me because this has just been done via email with them so far.  Do I merely need to get the CAP they're using in order to figure it out? 

    Aside from the mystery $900, does the deal sound about right - meaning am I leaving anything material on the table in terms of negotiations? They're entitled to make a profit, but I still want the best deal possible. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 210,404
    phxdude1 said:

    I don't think I follow. What do you mean by "the dealer is just adding your lease payments into your lease deal"? How do they do that? I posted all the info they gave me because this has just been done via email with them so far.  Do I merely need to get the CAP they're using in order to figure it out? 

    Aside from the mystery $900, does the deal sound about right - meaning am I leaving anything material on the table in terms of negotiations? They're entitled to make a profit, but I still want the best deal possible. Thanks!

    Yes... it's all supposition, until you get the adjusted CAP cost and a reconciliation of how they got that number.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • phxdude1phxdude1 Member Posts: 4
    Okay, I've got their Lease Details worksheet.

    46,100 Cap Cost
    3,500 Rebate
    700 Down (supposed to be for license & reg)
    2773 Min Drive Off (-)
    1,427 Cap Reduction (-)
    44,673 Net Cap Cost

    44,673 Net Cap Cost
    27,819 Net Residual at 56.00%
    16,853 Total Depreciation

    0.000500 MF
    36.25 Monthly Rent (it appears they've added .25 for some reason)
    468 Monthly Depreciation
    42 Sales Tax
    546 Monthly Payment

    Due At Signing
    1427 Cap Reduction (??)
    795 Acq. Fee (negotiable?)
    714 License
    489 Doc Fee
    118 Cap Reduction Tax
    110 Misc Tax
    546 First Payment
    4199 Total Due At Signing

    This deal looks like it stinks based on $4199 due at signing. Do you agree?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 210,404
    phxdude1 said:

    Okay, I've got their Lease Details worksheet.

    46,100 Cap Cost
    3,500 Rebate
    700 Down (supposed to be for license & reg)
    2773 Min Drive Off (-)
    1,427 Cap Reduction (-)
    44,673 Net Cap Cost

    44,673 Net Cap Cost
    27,819 Net Residual at 56.00%
    16,853 Total Depreciation

    0.000500 MF
    36.25 Monthly Rent (it appears they've added .25 for some reason)
    468 Monthly Depreciation
    42 Sales Tax
    546 Monthly Payment

    Due At Signing
    1427 Cap Reduction (??)
    795 Acq. Fee (negotiable?)
    714 License
    489 Doc Fee
    118 Cap Reduction Tax
    110 Misc Tax
    546 First Payment
    4199 Total Due At Signing

    This deal looks like it stinks based on $4199 due at signing. Do you agree?

    Are you sure that the $3500 rebate isn't part of the $4199 due at signing, and they are just asking you for $699?
    That's what it looks like to me.

    36.25 is correct for Monthly Rent
    468.15 Monthly depreciation.

    $699 due at signing, $546/mo.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • phxdude1phxdude1 Member Posts: 4
    Thabks for the help. You came to the same conclusion as what the dealer said after I posted. I think I just got lost in the numbers.

    Do you know what others are paying since the key appears to co e down to the Cap Cost? Maybe that's in a different forum? 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 209,836
    phxdude1 said:

    Thabks for the help. You came to the same conclusion as what the dealer said after I posted. I think I just got lost in the numbers.

    Do you know what others are paying since the key appears to co e down to the Cap Cost? Maybe that's in a different forum? 

    We don't track selling prices, sorry.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.