Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Owning a plug-in hybrid

francis_11francis_11 Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in General
Something I'd like to know about plug-in hybrids. Is it possible to own one without having to charge it off the wall? Currently living in an apartment building where I don't think it's possible to charge the car in the underground garage. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 97,198
    Do you want to run an extension cord to the parking lot?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I wanted to ask if I can charge it off mainly from the motor without charging it off the wall. I would ask my landlord if I could install an outlet near my spot.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 97,198

I wanted to ask if I can charge it off mainly from the motor without charging it off the wall. I would ask my landlord if I could install an outlet near my spot.

You can drive a plug-in hybrid without charging it. But, it seems sort of pointless to go to the extra expense. You'd be better off with a regular hybrid. Installing an outlet might cost more than it's worth, and then there is the issue of who is paying for that electricity?.

Doesn't seem as though a plug-in fits your living arrangements.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I see your point. That's the problem of living in a city. Anything plug-in is difficult. Only option of charging it is through a charging station. Just asked coz I wanted to move to a hybrid car and there are more plug-in hybrid options now than regular hybrids.
  • texasestexases Posts: 8,425
    ?? I see more regular hybrid options out there. Save yourself money and go with a regular hybrid.