Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• kziakzia Member Posts: 5
    I am thinking of purchasing or leasing Honda Fit, automatic transmission, base model. I received the following quotes from two dealers in New Jersey. Does anyone have MF and residual value for lease payment calculations for this model (12k, 36 months)? TIA.

2009 Honda Fit, Automatic Madison Honda Rt 22 Honda
    Base price $15,004.00 $14,803.00
    Destination charge $710.00 $675.00
    Subtotal $15,714.00 $15,478.00
    NJ sales tax (7%) $1,099.98 $1,083.46
    Subtotal after tax $16,813.98 $16,561.46
    NJ DMV registration $274.00 $299.00
    Documentation fee $219.00 $349.00
    NJ State Tire Tax $7.50 $7.50

Out-the-Door Price $17,314.48 $17,216.96
  • carattorneycarattorney Member Posts: 62
    Great story, thanks for taking the time--I like stories with a lot of detail.

Just a few questions that came to mind as I read if you have time to reply:

Why were they giving you scrap value/trade allowance on a CFC? Isn't it just 4500 on the CFC? Why would they give you both? Thought it was one or the other--which ever is higher?

Where were you able to get a 3.99% loan on a FIT?

I didn't understand the extended warranty thing. Are you saying that they were trying to sell you an extended warrenty to 100K that was already included in your purchase price?

Thanks again for taking the time.
    Without commenting on the rest of your comments, In Dash Factory Navigation is expensive, but its because its a world of difference in quality than dash top removable navigation. For one, its more accurate because it uses multiple antennas and it knows at all times and instantly what direction your vehicle is headed. That technology alone is expensive. Next, while removable GPS is always a theft threat and can result in costs to replace broken glass also--In Dash Navigation is rarely stolen. GPS on the dash also looks esthetically bad, has power wires exposed, and blocks your vision from the road.

I think that you have to weigh these factors verses the costs.

Thanks.
    I am familiar with this dealer. This is the dealer to the "stars". They are notorious for this type of conduct. The plus is that they wheel and deal to sell cars like there is no tommorrow and like no one is looking or cares at Honda. So you can cut some great deals if you know your stuff because after you have burnt up 3-4 hours of their time and if you are not warn down, they will give in to keep what's left of the holdback and add a digit to their sales numbers. The negative is that they attract very sharp and skillful salespeople/managers from all over the US where you have to watch your back and if you have a problem after the sale you may feel like you are drifting off the coast of Malibu without a sail or motor. So you have to be SHARP to deal with em. You have to do your research, you have to be a little bit of an actor, (like most that shop there), you have to be willing to walk away, you may have to throw some of that, "who you talking to" body language at them, you need to have a good meal on you before you go in and lots of time. Its going to be a war, but if you are well armed, you will come out of it with the best deal anyone can have and they will respect you for it without ever saying it.
  • kziakzia Member Posts: 5
    Looking into this a bit more, I found that

(a) New Jersey (unlike some other states) taxes the CFC rebate. So a $4500 CFC rebate is worth less after paying taxes.

Ref: http://salestax.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/cash-for-clunkers-taxable-or-not
    Ref: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/08/cash_for_clunkers_program_is_a.html

(b) The dealer said that if one uses CFC program ($4500 rebate) and leases a Honda Fit, then the the lease term cannot be less than 5 years. Is this true? Has anyone leased a Honda Fit for 3 years along with using CFC rebate of $4500?
  • wjbalikowjbaliko Member Posts: 10
    This site should answer all you questions about
    cash for clunkers..

www.cars.gov.

:)
  • bottlefreakbottlefreak Member Posts: 4
    Paddle shifters, smaddle shifters, those things are the biggest gimmick I've ever seen, just get a manual and have real control. Factory Navi systems are widely noted to be sub par so I don't feel the need to argue with your brainwashed statement that the fits is the best navi on the market, come on man. Go to car talk.com and look at car buying tips and check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPor5b7JLLE
    You seem like you aren't the type of person who listens to reason and like I said if you really believe that the floor mats are worth 200 dollars, spend away daddy war bucks. I mean we are talking about the Honda Fit dude, it is an economy car, it's not like your buying a corvette. Luxury cars don't have a "sport" package. So, I'll pull out the big guns, here is a list from Honda's own accessory site, and your trying to tell me I can't find them even cheaper through other channels.
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/fit09.html

Get real man
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    That's a requirement of the C4C program... All leases must be at least 60 months..

Unless the manufacturer comes out with a special 60-month lease program (as Toyota did for the Corolla), you'll most likely be better off buying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chas0215chas0215 Member Posts: 40
    I have a text-to-speech Garmin which I purchased first and I now have the Honda Navi system in the car. In my OPINION, there is simply no comparison between the two. I can't say with absolute certainty however that it is the best manufacturer's Navi system on the market because I do not have enough knowledge about the navi systems in other cars but what I do know with certainty is that the Honda system is far superior to my portable text-to-speech Garmin which takes forever to locate its satellites. Respect the fact that people can have opinions that differ from yours. There is no right or wrong when it comes to an opinion or making a choice between a portable unit and a manufacturer's unit. It's strictly a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE and whether or not you think the more expensive option is worth the extra dollars.
  • jojobarjojobar Member Posts: 12
    My experience with Hennessy was much better. I am not sure why they are not doing C4C anymore, maybe the reason is the dealers are not getting paid on time. Now that Govt. has passed $2B more, the situation should change.

Also a dealer cannot by law give you a separate quote for c4c, not sure what is going on. So if you are still in the market, I can give you the name of my sales agent who I thought was pretty straight forward. However, if the dealership is not doing C4C then you may not have any choice.
  • ksergeyksergey Member Posts: 1
    I got offer for Honda Fit Sport AT with Navi in Chicago area. Is this sound as a good deal?

OTD
    Sale Price - $18,094
    Destination Fee - $710
    Document Fee - $151.65
    Pin Stripes - $199 (This is the only dealer installed option, all of the rest of the equipment is standard on the Sport with Navigation)
    Sales Tax - $1,340.83
    New License Plates - $144
    Total - $20,639.48
  • sovsov Member Posts: 4
    Hey, not sure what the Fit with Navi is listed at but I bought a Fit/Sport automatic (in Chicago) yesterday, here is my breakout:

Sale Price - $16,100
    Destination Fee - $710
    Subtotal- $16810

CFClunkers- $4525
    Cash Diff- $12285
    Document Fee - $151.65
    Taxable total- $12436.65

Sales Tax - $1167.70
    License Registration - $106
    Total - $13710.35

Hope this helps!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Hard to understand WHY a store would sell the hottest car we have now that is in short to zero supply for 400.00 less than their invoice?

In addition, they had the huge hassle and expense of dealing with a clunker?

Scratching my head here, that's all....
    I worked almost all the dealerships in the Chicagoland area for the last two weeks. I had a $16,200 sale price from two other dealerships before the last one jumped in at $16,100...i got lucky, I guess. Either that or the 2010's are on the way soon and they figured they could get rid of an '09 relatively easily.

I don't know why the dealerships do what they do...just glad to get the car I wanted at my price.
    The Cash for Clunkers program has depleted everyone's inventories on Fits. Chicago may be different?

Still, losing money to move a Fit just makes no sense. Hey, it worked for you!

Did you have a trade they really needed?
    I didn't have a trade in they wanted.

I had a '95 Jeep Cherokee/Sport which truly was a Clunker. This must have been the car they envisioned when this legislation was drafted. The Jeep served me well for years especially during any snow activity. But it is not a car for urban living- heavy,slow, sluggish handling and the gas mileage was really poor, it made for a non-pleasurable driving experience.
    I thought that just maybe you had a nice trade besides the clunker.

That deal made absoultly no sense at all especially with the trouble and expense of dealing with the clunker.

Now others who read these forums will expect the same and I don't think this will happen.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Why do you make comments like this here? How are they helpful? You already admitted you aren't familiar with the Chicago market. You also must know that every sale has a special set of circumstances. Not everyone can/will get such a good deal--but it doesn't mean no other dealer will ever sell a Fit Sport at that price. You simply don't know that. Is it your mission here to protect the profit margins of your dealership, or of Honda dealerships in general??
  • raytsengraytseng Member Posts: 1
    Agree. This isn't a zero-sum game. Dealers are already underwater with inventory.
    The invoice price has little bearing on the current price of the car.
    What does it matter how much the dealer paid for the car?

It's not like they can return it back to Honda for the price they bought it for(can they?). They've got to sell it at the price the market dictates or just lose more money.

I wonder how isellhondas would do as a stock broker. Hold on to your GM stock, don't sell it below what you paid for it.

As another GM note, this is the same logic that the papers made a big fuss during the bailout with the statistics that GM were losing $200 for each car they make. So logically one thinks just don't make any cars? But what you don't see is that even if they don't make the cars, they lose even more money as they're still paying for all their employees and overhead, etc etc.
    Yes, I am not familiar with the Chicago market. I said that.

It doesn't matter where the market is, it just doesn't make any sense for a dealer to, literally lose money just to sell a car. AND have to deal with a clunker.

That's all I said so why the venom?
    Actually, I've done pretty well in the stock market and holding on to GM stock might not be such a bad idea. Time will tell, won't it?

We are not "underwater" with inventory...sorry. Especially Fits that is what I couldn't understand. Sorry I mentioned it.
  • hmownerhmowner Member Posts: 23
    I got a refund check from the dealer (Penske Honda) for sales tax that was applied to the purchase price BEFORE subtracting the $4500 CFC voucher trade in - about $315 (7% sales tax, Indiana). It is evident that in Indiana, the sales tax is calculated AFTER the $4500 CFC trade in is applied to the price of the car only, but not the doc fees.

Thus, my revised OTD for Fit Sport Auto purchased on 7/20 is: $13,395.73 after CFC $4,500 trade-in:

16,154 - price
    710 - destination
    -4,500 - CFC trade in
    865.48 - tax
    16.25 - Tire Fee
    140.00 - Doc Fee
    10.00 - Filing Fee (?)
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl Member Posts: 1
    This is an orange Honda Fit Sport AT:

Price: 16740 (approx., can't remember the exact price)
    Doc fee: 299 (insane CT doc fee)
    Sales tax: 6%
    OTD: 18256.78

Other dealers offered me 17400+ for the exact same car, only Schaller Honda of New Britain gave me the lowest offer. But that sort of bothers me...
  • cdcookercdcooker Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I have a clunker, and I want to get some advices here on whether I should wait until the last minute before disclosing I have a clunker qualify for the c4c program? Or I should tell them I have one up front?

Thanks
  • yfactoryfactor Member Posts: 1
    Can you confirm that this was a Fit Sport w/ AT, and not a Fit Base w/ AT? Sounds like a great deal for a Fit Sport. I'm in the market too - would you mind sharing the dealership that you bought from?
    hey yfactor:

yep, it was a Honda Fit/Sport AT in Black. I got it at Fletcher Jones Imports on Clark, the sales staff wasn't the greatest but I got it for a good price so who cares really. My sales rep was named Matt and I initially reached him through email and got the offer/price worked out before I even walked through the door.

Good luck.
  • zdogzdog Member Posts: 6
    Sorry for the late reply. You can't pick and choose options with the Fit, except for auto or manual transmission and the color of the car. There are just the Base, Sport, and Sport with Navigation (which also includes stability control) models. There are some dealer installed items like floor mats and fancy shifter knobs and such, but none were included in my deal.

Sales tax in CA depends on where you live (not where you buy the car -- so don't drive 20 miles to a dealer in another county if you think you'll save 1% on sales tax). For me in SF it was $1657. Doc fees is a vague term. I paid $288 for plates and registration (no way to negotiate that, as it goes to the state), and about $90 to the dealer for processing. It probably takes them all of 5 minutes to do the paperwork, but I can live with that.

I may have missed some minor items but bottom lines:

Price (incl dest charge): $16,650
    Out the door price: $18,610
    After CFC voucher: $14,110

The clunker was a 2000 Ranger pickup (18 mpg according to the EPA, but I never got that) with non-functional AC and non-functional cruise control, and it smelled like dog and had chewed up seats (Bad puppy!) and a "check engine" light that had been on for about 4 months.
  • psgame2kpsgame2k Member Posts: 36
    I was hoping my dad's 10 year old Toyota corolla would qualify CFC, but it did not. Without $4500 rebate, the FIT is just too expensive for such small car. Honda of serramonte offered me $16988 (includes dest.). Not much cash back from Honda. I figured OTD is around $18500 for a Fit sport. I went for a Nissan Versa instead.

Yaris is cute; Fit is cool; Versa is neither cute, nor cool. But it is practical and more value for its cost.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    My kid got this and she just loves it. I like the seat height as I can slide right over...no dropping down into the seat, and with my spinal problems, this is a gotta have feature. She tried the Fit but was very unimpressed with what one got for the $ as compared to the Versa...bigger rebate and a bigger interior.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• psgame2kpsgame2k Member Posts: 36
    Sandman,

Please post your buying experience and OTD detail under Versa SL forum. Share your thoughts about the process. Any hassle dealing with sales rep?
  • hi2ux4hi2ux4 Member Posts: 11
    2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback
    (1.5L 4cyl 5M) is : $16391

no navi, 5 speed manual

I think it should be a little lower: in the 15900 range. What do you guys think? Deal or no deal?
  • ric109ric109 Member Posts: 2
    DHC HONDA IN OLD BRIDGE ON ROUTE 9 .......
  • gatortom1gatortom1 Member Posts: 25
    Re 2370 - iselhondas

Off the car subject but better check with your broker about the GM stock. If it wasn't just bought, and maybe even if it was, it is likely stock in the "old" company before the bandruptcy proceedings. I was just told that these shares have no connection to the NEW GM re-organized after bankruptcy. Old shares won't participate in any comeback of the company. That was history. Day traders are making money--or losing it--on the wild price swings in the old stock until things are finalized but you probably don't have stock in the "new" company.
  • hi2ux4hi2ux4 Member Posts: 11
    $15,250 +ttl+keyless and alarm=$375

The dealer was smithtown Honda on long island.

I opted for the keyless entry b/c I have a had of keying my car when I get into it. So far, I logged 100+ miles on my fit and I love it! So very glad that I got this car. It is more sporty than I even first thought, and seems to slip through the air with little or no noise. I am looking to get an aftermarket air box (the air box that is used stock looks VERY restrictive) and floor mats. The difference between the auto and manual was night and day. No comparison. If you want more pick-up get the manual. It was difficult to find the manual in the colors I wanted, but fortunately this dealer had one in BLUE/GRAY! :)

The process was completely painless, except that they forgot to install the keyless (getting this done next week).

I am so happy with this car so far, and will report back after the break-in period.

AVG MPG=34....higher than EPA estimates (wonderful!)
  • mystery2980mystery2980 Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I have been in the market for a New 2009 Honda Fit Sport 5AT in Blue Snesation Pearl. After jumping from dealership to dealership looking for best deal and who would have the car, we settled on one place. They didn't have the car but said they could order it from one of their sister stores and have it to us by the follwing Friday. We spoke of price and upon agreeing to the numbers, they had us sign an order form and leave a deposit. That was 9-4-09.

The following Tuesday (9-8-09) we received a call from the dealership to say none of their sister stores had the color we were looking for and the car would have to be ordered from the factory. They told us that would take another 5-7 business days from then and we should expect a call from them either Monday/Tuesday, when car arrived. He mentioned we would discuss purchase/financing options when the car arrived and explained about qualifying for this or that, etc...

My husband called the dealership on Monday to see of any news and the salesman said the car is in transport and they would hope to receive it by Tuesday. I don't care for the word "hope" coming from my salesman when he has promised to deliver the car we want. Whatever the case, my husband said we should just relax and see if we get a call Tuesday.

Tuesday has come and gone. It is now Wednesday and we have heard no news. I don't feel too comfortable with being told a different estimated delivery time every time we call.

My questions:
    1) This is my first time buying a new car and I really don't feel too great about putting in an order for something and not having a solid date as was previously inclined when we first sat down with the salesman. What's the protocol for cars being ordered from factory? How long does it take and am I just being unreasonably impatient? Can't they track it through the Vin #, which was already provided to us?

2) We did drop a deposit and sign an order but no purchase/ financing information was presented or agreed upon. We just signed an order for for the specific model and made cash deposit. Will we have issues getting a refund on our deposit should we choose to pull back from working with this dealership? According to the document I have a copy of, we are not binded and are eligible for the refund because nobody has presented nor signed anything regarding the financing or actual purchase.

3) What's a good price for this particular car? We live in New York City.

Any clarification to better understanding this new world I'm in would be gratefully appreciated!!!
  • brickbradfordbrickbradford Member Posts: 14
    I wish I had never used the damned program. Not only was it a worry from the dealer who wanted to hold me responsible for whether they got paid by the government or not, but two months after the deal was sealed, after I was reassured by their General Manager that everything was done, the accounting department keeps asking the salesman to call me back to have info from my insurance company faxed to them--this is info I've already provided. They can't get their paperwork straight. I've had to tell them to go talk to their General Manager and to STOP pestering me. The Fit works and looks great. Love driving it. I'm getting 40 mpg on the interstates, and 33 in small town driving. Average is around 37, sometimes 38 mpg. But the dealer, Wesley Chapel Honda, in Florida, is most inefficient and incapable of straight paper work and completion of the stuff THEY have to do with the government.
  • brickbradfordbrickbradford Member Posts: 14
    About what I got for a final price here in Florida.
    These are my rules:
    1. Unless you are buying some super exotic car that is produced in limited quantities, never, ever leave a deposit on a car. Its not necessary. Either they have it on the lot for sale or they don't . Its black or white. When I was shopping I sat at the phone and called dealers near me for color and options. Wst dealer did not have it and would not tell me who has it. 2nd dealer did not have it but gave me the names of the 3 dealers that did beause I told him on the phone that I never buy cars from dealers that don't have possession becuase you need to inspect the vehicle to make sure it has not been scratched up, mileage, and condition even if listed new.

2. You can never get the best deal from a dealer that does not have possession of the car. The incentive to give you a deal is to get a unit off their lot, not get a unit off another dealer's lot. This is why I only do business with the dealer that has the unit.

3. Like in personal relations, in business if they lie to you once, they will lie to you again and again. Get you deposit back becuase they failed to deliver the car on time. Even if they do deliver you will have problems with them before and after the sale. They are not being above board. Call another dealer and if they don't have the unit, have them do a Locator Seach to find out which dealer near u has one and go there.

4.You are trying to buy a FIT at a bad time. The 2009 supply is depleated due to cash for clunkers and and Japan's cut in production due to the economy in 2009 and the 2010's have not arrived yet.

5. The FIT is a great car and when u get one u will enjoy it. I traded my Mercedes in for it and have not looked back.
  • mystery2980mystery2980 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for the detailed and extremely helpful advice! I appreciate the speedy reply. I just got off the phone with my hubby before even seeing this and told him about feeling like we should pull out of this deal and just try somewhere else. Glad to know my instincts weren't just me being a nervous first time car buyer. Too bad they didn't kick in when we were first there. Well, now we are better informed and I have you to thank. THANKS!
    My one rule...Never get an attorney involved uness you don't really want to buy a car! :P

We do dealer trades all of the time and we ALWAYS get a deposit and nobody ever complains about doing this except ion one recent case. A deposit shows us you are serious. It takes time and money to do a dealer trade.

On incoming cars that are in short supply,. a deposit will put that customer's name on that car. If they refuse to leave a deposit there is a very good chance the car will get sold to someone else before it arrives.

You can absoultly get the same deal on a car we have to do a swap for. The net result will be the same to the store! You can certainly inspect the car and reject if if there is a problem. In 14 years, I've never had a problem.

" Have them do a locator search and go buy it there"

Do you REALLY think a store will tell you where it is so you can buy it there and they can lose the sale? Sure they will! ...NOT!

I agree with the lying part. IF the store (or anyone) lies to you once you can't believe them in the future.
  • silver_ladysilver_lady Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my new Fit last week and am thrilled. I didn't want the "dealer-added-options" that were listed on the sticker (Data Dots, DiamonFusion, window tint protection ?, paint and fabric sealer/protection, carpet floor mats, etc.). Soooo, I wound up with:

'09 Silver Storm Sport MT - no navigation, but with
    all-weather mats
    rear bumper applique
    cargo tray
    all previously mentioned dealer add-ons
    for $17,300

Then, I added black custom leather interior for $1,700 (yeah, I'm sure the dealer made a nice profit on that, but it is gorgeous!). :D
  • janeschaenjaneschaen Member Posts: 1
    My ancient Nissan was taking on water, so at 28 I decided it might be time to purchase my first new car. I did a lot of research on the Toyota Matrix and put in queries at several dealerships. Early Monday morning, I got a call from a local dealership stating that they did not have any Matrixs in stock, but wondering if I had considered a Honda Fit. "No thanks," I said, for I was convinced the Matrix was the car for me. I went to several dealerships that day, some aggressive and some demure. I test drove the manual Matrix. I felt like an old lady recently stuck in the body of a 23 year old body builder; overly muscled, awkward, sweaty and rather imposing. It was clostrophobic. I couldn't see. Plus the the stick in the Matrix is not in the traditional shifting position. I was unimpressed and rather disappointed. Something just wasn't right with this car. It didn't fit me.
    I decided to check out the local dealership that had called me earlier that day. I went in to Motorcars Honda-Toyota of Cleveland Heights. Ray Dennis, who had called me was very kind, approachable, highly respectful and honest. He showed me a glitzy sporty something or other that didn't fit me. He let me drive a Mini Cooper which was lovely, but a little too small. Then he put me in the Fit. Now this was an automatic, but as soon as I got in, I realized we had found the right car for me. Ray informed me that the manual in the Fit was a fun car to drive. It featured everything I wanted.
    Ray and the team set about finding me a Sport Fit 5-speed. They found an orange one out of state and brought it in.
    I come from a Car-Ignorant family. Ray and the team walked me through the financing process and helped me get everything I needed to ensure I would get the longest life possible out of my car. They were never pushy. They let me consider what I was doing. I am so thankful to them for their time and patience in explaining everything. I have owned the car for a month and can't believe it's really mine.
    Their service department is excellent as well. I love my Platinum Auto-Rewards Membership. (Who wouldn't like the option of 5 car washes a day and tires for life!)
    I am extremely pleased with my experience and would recommend Heights Motorcars to everyone. ;)
  • cweltzincweltzin Member Posts: 1
    Just paid the following for a Fit Sport manual in Austin, TX with no extras:

Price including destionation fee: $16650 + TTL. I probably could have gotten around $16500, but the color I wanted wasn't available so the car had to be located at another dealership.

I love the car so far!

- Casey
  • cdcookercdcooker Member Posts: 4
    Casey,

Which dealer in Austin you got your Fit from? What's the OTD price for your Fit?

Thanks
  • maxhraymaxhray Member Posts: 7
    Hello To All..I'm The Proud New Owner Of The Honda Fit..My 1st HONDA! I'm 69 Years Of Age, Married, 2 Grown Kids And 1 Grand-Child..I'm 6'1" Weigh 225 Lbs.

My Sister In Law, In Florida, Also 69 Years Started The "Trend" Of The Honda Fits.
    We Liked Hers So Well We Bought One JUST LIKE Hers!! Identical In EVERY Aspect..She Gets 35MPG Around Town And We Get 35MPG Around Town!

When I Sat In The Back Seat, I Was Sold..When I Folded The Rear Seats Down And Saw ALL The Cargo Space..I Was Sold Again!! Then When I Drove The Car With The "Paddle-Shifters" And Looked Out The Great Expanse Of The Windshield I Was Completely Sold!! Hard To Believe All The "Quickness" From The 4 Cylinder Motor!!

Now, All I Want To Do Is "Drag-Race" From Red-Light To Red Light!

When We Decided To Buy The FIT I Shopped Across The Net From Ca. To Up State New York, Looking For The Tidewater-Blue Color..This Car Was Priced From $18,600 To $20,000 Across The Net..I Knew The MSRP Of $17,600 And I Also Bought The Consumer Report That Gave Me The CR Best Buy Price Of $16,040..
    Everyone I Came Across On The Net, I Either Called Or E Mailed My Best Price!!
    Some Called Back In A Few Days..Some NEVER Called Back!

By The Way, I Live In The Metro Atlanta Area And The Dealers Here Have A DOC Fee Of $700 & UP!! This Is A GREED Fee That They Charge Each & Every Customer That Agrees To Do Business With Them!!..This Is Added On AFTER All The Other Add On's! NOT ME!!!!!!

You Will LOVE This Part.....I Found My Car On The Net At jackingrammotors.com
    Located In Montgomery Ala. The Car Had 5,000 Miles On It,Tidewater-Blue, I Called, Talked To The Receptionist, Made My Offer..She Said She Would Call Back In 5 Minutes, She Did, They Accepted My Offer, She E Mailed The Vin# And All The Details On The Car And Sent The Car Fax Report!! The Sales Manager Called After Finishing With His Customer..Wanted To Know When I Could Come For My Test Drive..I Told Him Anytime..I'm A Retiree..He Said He Would SEND A Lady To Pick Me Up At My Home, 175 Miles North Of His Location..About 4 Hours Later, She Was Ringing My Bell In A JAGUAR!

She Drove Me Back To The Dealership In Montgomery, Ala..I Looked Over My Beautiful Fit Sport, Went For A Drive, Signed The Papers & Drove Back Home!!

Folks, I Have Been Buying Cars For 45 Plus Years..THIS Dealer In Montgomery Ala. jackingrammotors.com Is By FAR The Most Rewarding Dealership Experience I Have EVER Enjoyed!!! After All, Its YOUR Money YOU Are Spending,Should'nt It Be A Rewarding Experience?

Moral Of The Story? Be Patient,Be Prepared..Get The "Done Deal" Before Stepping On The Showroom Floor!!!!!!!!

PS,PS I Paid $15,900 For My 2009 Fit Sport..Plus Ga. Sales Tax!!

I Love My Fit!! :)
  • aaykayaaykay Member Posts: 539
    Thanks for relaying your experience. Glad to learn that you are enjoying your 09 Fit, the way I am enjoying mine and the way I enjoyed my previous 08 Fit.

Mine is of course a manual trans and still within the break-in period. And even with the fuel sapping break-in driving (with constantly varying rpms), the car is already yielding over 35mpg in mixed driving conditions. Can't beat that, with all of the interior space and the practicality of the interior.....and the price ! :)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Enjoy your new Fit...seem to be nice cars. Sat in one recently at the dealer when getting a warranty issue done on my Civic. Felt a bit smallish inside for my tastes. My kid also test drove one but decided a Nissan Versa met her needs better. Enjoy your car.
    One last thing...very difficult to read your post with the "unusual way" you type...capitals should be used like we learned in grade school as it's a much easier read. Just like a house with bad curb appeal, many will just skip a post that has readability issues.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• aaykayaaykay Member Posts: 539
    My kid also test drove one but decided a Nissan Versa met her needs better.

I get to drive Nissan Versas and Toyota Yarises during business trips. I tend to pick these smaller cars than the large Pontiacs and Chrysler/Dodge models that the rental companies try to push onto their customers.

The Versa sounds good on paper but for whatever reason, I never could get fully comfortable in it. Typically it is just a matter of acclimation but after a week of driving around in it, I was actually glad to return it to the airport on my way back. The handling was pretty poor and had an artificially "heavy" feeling, the controls, the steering and all other things had a lower quality feel than the Fit or the Yaris. I could not put my finger on what was wrong with it but I never warmed to it. It was a fairly new specimen with less than 3000 miles on it.

On the other hand, when it came to the Toyota Yaris, I felt right at home within a few minutes of picking it up. It had a high quality feel all around (even though the product is a very low priced one) with exemplary fit and finish. Even though it is not in the same handling category as the Fit (especially at higher speeds where the Honda was unflappable, while the Yaris did not feel as stable), it was not too bad. No real complaints on the Yaris, especially after factoring in the price.

Just an opinion on these models competing for the same customers. That was the only time I picked up the Versa - not comfortable with picking it up again.
  • wang_jichengwang_jicheng Member Posts: 5
    I plan to buy a Honda Fit (AT Sport without Navigation). I learned that because of the C4C program, there are very few 2009s left, and the 2010s just came in. I wish I could get an better deal with 2009, since traditionally, it would be easier to get a better deal with the year model that is going to fade out. But it seems difficult to get a good deal with this 2009 Honda Fit, only because it has been so HOT! I have got an offer of $19150 (out of door) for 2009 Fit. I live in Los Angeles, California. Should I accept it, or try more? Any ideas/suggestions? Much appreciate!
  • bgates222bgates222 Member Posts: 38
    Hello I was quoted 16,500.00 for a 2009 fit sport automatic. It seems like a decent deal but with 2010s aroujnd the corner should I be lower? the edmunds TMV says most people are paying around 17.235.00

I know once I add the tax and the dest fee it will be almost 18k probably but I know there is a government program that will let you deduct the sales tax on your taxes.