Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

How do I buy or put a hold on a vehicle that is not available for sale due to a recall

kingquakekingquake Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in General
Hi, I'm brand new here. I hope this is the right forum for my question.I was told by two different Ford Dealers that the new vehicle I wanted couldn't be sold. I assume the vehicles will be fixed but was not offered any option to hold the vehicle.Has anybody heard of this and know how I can purchase the vehicle pending the recall repair?

Best Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Accepted Answer
    kingquake said:

Hi, I'm brand new here. I hope this is the right forum for my question.I was told by two different Ford Dealers that the new vehicle I wanted couldn't be sold. I assume the vehicles will be fixed but was not offered any option to hold the vehicle.Has anybody heard of this and know how I can purchase the vehicle pending the recall repair?

I'm pretty sure you can't.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    Accepted Answer
    It's not like a pre-sale situation where you put a deposit on a vehicle that's going to come out in the future. You can't buy if they're not selling

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Accepted Answer
    Far as I know, if it's a new car and has a Stop-Sale Directive on it, then you can't buy it. If it were a used car with open recall, that could be a different story, depending on the dealer.
  • kingquakekingquake Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks to all of you for replying to my question.I haven't bought a new car in a long time and the recall repair sounded strange.I did talk again with a salesperson at one dealership and was told I would be contacted when the vehicle was repaired.This was an internet only transaction .The vehicle I wanted is about 4 hours away from my location