Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I Need Used Car Recommendations

dogbrachdogbrach ChicagoPosts: 1
edited December 2017 in General
So I live in Chicago, and my 2008 Volvo S80 was recently totaled in a hit-and-run while parked on the street. I loved that car deeply, as it had a very smooth ride and decently responsive steering, as well as a very comfortable all-leather interior. Additionally, it only had 37k miles on it. My insurance is paying out a decent amount above the value of the car, so my question to you is: what used car would be a good choice for me under around $13,000? I'm looking for something similar to my S80, preferably with low miles. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Well if you want something similar (competitor) to your S80, you might consider a Mercedes E350 or Honda Accord EX-L.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,895

Well if you want something similar (competitor) to your S80, you might consider a Mercedes E350 or Honda Accord EX-L.

Can’t argue either of those. That said, I would wonder what a used S80 would cost?
    2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    An S-80 can be nothing but trouble as the miles increase. Nice cars but troublesome and very expensive to repair. Can't go wrong with a loaded EXL Accord!