Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Prices Paid

Comments

• jerrorandajerroranda Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

I am in Socal and I just picked up a FJ just like the way you want it and the color.

LA Dealers are kinda hard to budge but try the IE, they are more straight fwd and willing to lower their prices.

I was at Crown and walked out a new FJ for 27,000 plus fees it had Upgrade pkg 2, conv. pkg, side air, roof rack.

they also had a blue one with msrp of 31k and discounted 5k it was an ad car.

riverside offered invoice and cerritos was willing to negoicate.
  • poodiepoodie Member Posts: 22
    what is 27000? is that before taxes and stuff?

what is your out the door price???

and what specification is riverside getting invoice on? a car with more options? selling an FJ for invoice? I haven't heard of many people doing that. for MSRP maybe.

i already searched all over, talked to many dealers. The lowest i could get was 700 over invoice, about 2400below MSRP. pulling trigger today.

if you are really buying it so cheap, we should meet up and start a SoCal FJ buying service.
    ">just got my FJ Cruiser, 2wd, convenience, upgrade 2, running boards, no roof rack, black

invoice of 24,999. MSRP of 28,205. i got it at 25700 and 55 dealer fees. the rest was the sales tax, $231 registration, $8.50 tires tax.

Out The Door. $28,120.

that's 700 or so above invoice, 2,500 below MSRP as stated above

Jeff Johnson from DCH of Simi Valley, Southern California. service was good, but no freebies, and car had 255 miles on it.

I got a couple of guys with similar quotes.
  • jerrorandajerroranda Member Posts: 3
    27000 is before taxes...

My Out the door price is about 29500 with (LA County Tax)

Contact me at jerroranda@gmail.com and I'll be more then willing to help you out in your buying experience.
  • vdubdudevdubdude Member Posts: 9
    Looking to get a fairly loaded FJ this month. Can you please tell me the going money factor and residual value on a 36 month lease?

Are these still selling for under MSRP?

Thanks.
    vdubdude (soon to be fjdude)
  • gtwgtw Member Posts: 46
    What kind of deals are you getting? :shades:
  • geoffmigeoffmi Member Posts: 1
    Detroit is not any better. I went to purchase a FJ from Victory Toyota, Canton, MI, and they are asking MSRP. I offered them 5 percent over invoice; minus 2 percent holdback and they rejected my offer.
  • ratsandtatsratsandtats Member Posts: 2
    titanium 6 speed (manual) with packages fe, cq, gy, ur, c7, and z2.........28980 out the door! i don't know if this is great in the grand scheme of things but if kbb, edmunds, and/or nada are even close to right....it's not to shabby

forgot to add sticker was 29700

later
  • vdubdudevdubdude Member Posts: 9
    What state/city did you get this deal in? If in Colorado, which dealer? I'm getting quoted MSPR only.
  • mediaguy2mediaguy2 Member Posts: 38
    dudes, go to maryland and pay $500 over invoice for any fj cruiser. cant think of the dealer's name, but they do big business with internet cusromers.
  • ratsandtatsratsandtats Member Posts: 2
    bought mine at washington automall in washington, pa. ( www.wasingtonautomall.net )

that dealer is roughly 30 mins from my home, but the dealer who is 15 mins away wouldn't budge off of msrp! no idea why, but that particular dealer never wants to deal. i don't know how they stay in business.
  • chinlocchinloc Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for a 4wd auto basic with just convenience package...the best I can find now is about 1400 under msrp...i've emailed..called..done everything...i can get 2000 off of msrp easily on one that has the upgrade packages..anyone have any advice on finding one with just convenience?
    that's approximately what i got for that package as well, so i decided to do the upgrade #2. might as well.

cost it out, consider all the extras you get, see if its value for you
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    The more options it has the more markup it has . So you can get a bigger discount on a car with a bigger price
  • jeridjerid Member Posts: 2
    I am pretty much ready to buy if I can get the right price. I want 4wd auto, with #2 package and a couple of other things. Has anyone in the Dallas area been able to purchase below MSRP? I am thinking of starting at $1k over invoice. Any thoughts?
  • manfmnantucketmanfmnantucket Member Posts: 4
    I had to buy a car over the weekend (deer collision), so went to dealer and negotiated a reasonable deal on a Toyota FJ Cruiser, including my damaged tradein. The invoice stated the vehicle had at most 95 miles on it.

The price was $24,553 for a basic model, stickshift, with options FE CK CQ AL CF .

The dealer had to retrieve/buy the car from a partner dealership. When the car arrived, they found it had over 600 miles on the odometer! Apparently the source dealer forgot to tell them about this before the trade.

They told me they checked it out at their garage and of ourse - it looks OK. However, I am very leery of such high mileage - I had really been looking forward to my first "new" car :(

Plus, it just seems odd that a popular model like this would have been on the lot long enough to accumulate such mileage. :confuse:

I asked if they could make good on the deal by finding an equivalent vehicle with the promised mileage. They said there were no others.

I asked if they would be willing to compromise by coming down on the price at all or throwing in a few freebies.
    They said no.

Is 600+ miles normal for a "new" car off a lot?

What recourse do I have? I put down a $1000 deposit, plus
    let them take my used car already.

This is in Concord NH, Grappone Toyota.
    They seem to be reasonable and nice folks to deal with, but this is my first experience so I don't know what to expect.

Any advice or suggestions are really appreciated - especially within the next few hours since I have to decide today.

THANKS!
  • canman1971canman1971 Member Posts: 61
    I've never dealt with this, but 600 miles seems like a lot, but I don't think anything is wrong with the car either. I think you could find a similar package for the same price. I bought mine at Bill Dube in Dover, NH and got a really good deal. I paid invoice, but a friend of mine does work for them, but they were really nice. I personally would walk away if you had your heart set on a "new" vehicle. It is obvious that someone had it and didn't like it and traded it back in or it was used as a dealer car. Again, I don't have any experience in something like this, but I do have the ability to rationalize a situation. When you walk away, they'll come down and if not, you can find the same deal somewhere.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,075
    They may be reasonable and nice, but would you loan them your car for two weeks, and let them drive it back and forth to work?

Tell them that you are disappointed that the car has a lot more mileage than you were told... and that you either want a couple hundred knocked off, or you want a different car.. which you may get from a different dealer..

Assuming, that is, that you are willing to walk away...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• edddeddd Member Posts: 1
    I live in Vermont and no one ones to make a good deal. Is there a specific person you would recomend talking with at Bill Dude Toyota. I'm willing to travel to get the best deal. You can email me.

Thanks
    Eddd
    Here is the email address Sales@BillDube.com The guy I dealt with was Brian. I can't remember his last name, and I'm not sure if I should post his name, but I don't remember his last name. Good luck.
  • chinlocchinloc Member Posts: 5
    finally purchased one....

4wd auto silver...convenience pkg, alloy whls, mats..

msrp 27014...got it for 25390...

I also bought the extended warranty (7 yrs 75000 miles) and alarm pkg....
    they started off with a price of 1995 and 695 for these items. I got them both for 1595..probably should not have bought the alarm.
  • atozatoz Member Posts: 1
    I think you ought to be glad it says 600 miles, because a while back the dealer would just erase those miles. It is still definitely new, but try to bet a few buckeroos off - what the heck.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    600 miles is nothing, think you are being a little touchy
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    600 miles is WAY too much. It was probably a demo/take home car for the sales manager. Get them to take off some money

Also, try Berlin City Toyota (on the web). They were selling fj's thru their portland me store at about 2,000 under list.
  • norssemannorsseman Member Posts: 3
    Have been dealing with several dealerships for the last two months, getting one dealer down 1500 from MSRP on a loaded FJ. Then out of the blue an Internet Salesperson has a salesman call and offer an FJ at Invoice, checked it out at Edmunds and it was truely invoice, raced across town to buy it before it was snapped up.
    The Internet salesperson said the reason I got it for invoice was that is was towards the first of the month and business was slow and they wanted to get sales off and running for the month.

4x4, auto, Conv. pkg, Upgrade 1, Passenger arm rest, and a first aid kit(didn't really need the last two, but the deal was so sweet I couldn't turn them down) 26492 plus tax and lic.
  • jeridjerid Member Posts: 2
    Ok finally got mine, got it at $500 over invoice. I got the voodoo, xm, Upgrade 2, Extra Mile package E, skid plate, had to get the side air bags. Some stupid stainless steel exhaust cover. So the price was $27,977. Then..... they tack on the fees....$675 Port Options, Delivery handling $392, TAF & TMF (Texas taxes) $749, Fleet Price Protection $235. However, MSRP was $33,493 my price was $30,414 not as bad as I expected. But I had Invoice pricing on everything, plus I had a check ready to go so that helped a lot. They tried to stiff me on my trade but I told them they were smoking crack, and they came back with a fair offer.
  • trishtntrishtn Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have price info for Tennessee, Kentucky or northern Alabama? I am on the hunt for an FJ, '94 Camry transmission just died. Dealers say they are getting MSRP. Thanks!
  • manlymanly Member Posts: 14
    I am looking to purchase the FJ Cruiser next couple weeks. Could you tell me know which dealer that you got it from.

Thanks for your info.

Richard.
  • dpaul1dpaul1 Member Posts: 2
    Just went to dealership and took my next step. I had read all the info yall post and the other stuff as well about doc fees as well. Went in there and started talking price and I was looking at a 4X4 for 27,900.00 adding on tax and all. He said he would take off the doc fees on the final bill....good deal or not? I'm, in Atlanta, Ga. 4x4 was not what I wanted but, will and could settle on this if need be. It was 30,974.28 and as soon as I started talking he went back and came back with 3000.00 off MSRP.
    Good deal or not? Need to know more about extras?
    Sounds like a good deal as long as you are getting the options. I got mine at invoice for 27600, MSRP was 30800. It is pretty much loaded. It doesn't have the navigation system or exhaust upgrade, but everything else I think. If it is 3000 off MSRP, that would put you in the same ballpark as mine, and if so, jump on it. It is a great ride.
  • dpaul1dpaul1 Member Posts: 2
    Was just wondering what options did you end up getting? When you said loaded what all did you get? Not sure if mine is considered loaded.
  • buckeyecruiserbuckeyecruiser Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a FJ in Ohio. Want: black cherry pearl; upgrade 2; convenience pkg; curtain side airbags; roof rack; rock rails; passenger side arm rest; billet sill doors; all weather mats.
    Offered: that car in Cinci for 27,797 plus tax and fees - also offered that car in Cinci 28, 368(not sure if fees included)
    Good deal(s)????
    when you say 27600 - is that including tax, title, plates, etc..., essentially, OTD?? What options?
    Thanks
    That was OTD. There are no taxes in NH. I have the Upgrade 2, Convenience package, curtain side airbags, 6 disc in dash cd, roof rack etc....

These are my listed options: FE, CQ, CY, UR, Z2 and C7

For the above poster, both deals sound good.
  • dchandchan Member Posts: 6
    I am from the Bay Area, CA and thinking to buy a FJ in a couple of weeks and using your price as a bargaining price. What's your invoice price with your stated options, such as curtain air bag, convenience package, pacgage 2, roof rack & Z2. What's FE & CY. It seems to me that you have a very good deal.
    My invoice price was 27600. That was my OTD price. There are no taxes in NH. It was a great deal. FE just means "state emissions" and it is C7, which I'm not sure. I do remember seeing it somewhere, but where and what it is escapes me. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info. One last question - not sure what Z2 and the C7 options are, can you let me know?
    C7-roof rack, towing hitch & wire hareness, spare tire cover. Z2- all weather mats, arm rest, rear door storage, first aid kit
  • cbeyer2cbeyer2 Member Posts: 1
    I have been working with two local dealers trying to get a base model FJ Cruiser. Both keep quoting an FJ with the convenience package and alloy wheels. In explanation, one dealership said that Toyota doesn't make a base model FJ. This seems like BS. Would appreciate other's thoughts? Has anyone ordered or purchased a base model FJ, if so where?
    I was told a base model would have to be ordered, but it can be done. So, they are basically lying to you from my understanding. I ended up getting a deal that was worth the options, so I didn't want to pass it up.
  • nrebnreb Member Posts: 1
    I would like to buy a new Black 4WD FJ Cruiser near Massachusetts.Has seen on at a dealership? I have contacted several dealers and no one has one on the lot.
  • trishtntrishtn Member Posts: 4
    You may want to check out Fitzgerald Automalls, www.fitzmall.com. They have several locations in the DC area and a huge inventory. We were unable to find what we wanted in TN and purchased through the Gaithersburg, MD location. Internet sales was very organized, all paperwork done ahead of time, I flew up, met salesman at the airport and was home the next day. Their prices are very competetive (we paid $100 over invoice).
    Our local (Nashville) dealer ultimately agreed to order what we wanted at the Fitzmall price, but we weren't able to wait that long because our car was beyond repair. Even if you don't purchase through Fitzgerald, their prices are a great negotiating tool.
    I see them around. Try NH. There is Bill Dube Toyota in Dover NH, where I got mine. Great people there. Talk to Brian if you go or call. Hurlbert Toyota in Stratham, NH and Portsmouth Toyota are all pretty big around here. Also, Plaistow, NH is auto town. What about Ira Toyota in Danvers? They had a ton when I got mine, but that was a few months ago. They were arrogant asses, which is why I bailed on them, but they did have inventory. All these places have webpages, so you can seach their inventory and talk to a sales person before going on a road trip.
  • jmatt29jmatt29 Member Posts: 1
    Hey yall. Glad to be part of this forum. Listen I am in southern West Virginia and am planning on buying a new FJ. My questions are: 1. Has anyone on here bought an FJ here? 2. Is it hard to find base models? 3. What about Standard transmissions? (Every place I've contacted only has AM transmissions)..any feedback I would greatly appreciate. I am willing to go anywhere outside WVa (within reason..Pa,Tn,Va,NC etc..) and 4. Most all starting prices around 27-31K? What should I expect to drop on one? I am looking for a base model, BLCK DMND, 6-spd shifter, roof racks, CD/MP3, whatever interior basically...?? Thanks, Matt
    I went to a dealer today and had the following price after 2-3 hour negotiation: Auto, 4X4, convenient plus package 2, running board, roof rack, spare wheel cover & side air bags. The final invoice price is $27,600 + tax & licence fee. What do you think?
    I went to a dealer for a FJ with the following: Auto, 4X4, convenient plus package 2, running board, roof rack, rm rest, spare wheel cover & side air bags. The final invoice price is $27,600 + tax & licence fee. Pls advise if this is a reasonable deal. thanks
  • chillout7655chillout7655 Member Posts: 3
    What is the market in Arizona (specifically southern AZ) for the FJ- I am moving from south TX and the deals here seem pretty good.....just wondering if I should hold off and save the 1200 miles!
  • spike13spike13 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I'm in the bay area. I've been looking for an FJ but I only want certain options - basically upgrade package #1 (we want the ATrac), trailer hitch, side curtain airbags, VIP and that's it. But when we talk to dealers they make it sound like we can't order one, basically we have to take one of the pre-configured packages. What are others experiences with this?

thanks in advance.
    I bought a FJ a week ago with pacgage 2 (with subwoofer), curtain air bags, roof rack, running board, spare tire cover, armrest & wheel locks, in San Franisco with invoice price of $27,600. (OTD is $30,600). In the beginning, I just wanted a convenient package with air bags & rear diff. lock, but many dealers were unable to locate my desired model. I ended up to buy a fully loaded one. I will share my info to you if you think I had a good deal on my FJ.
  • hing411hing411 Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good deal to me. 38,000 is the MSRP here in Canada which means you paid probably just over 30,000 Canadian for your ride. Was yours a level C package? I am in the process of buying one but there is not much info up here for it yet because not as many are sold and i cannot find a TMV for the life of me for Canada. And if anyone knows a way to find out a dealer hold back price that would be helpful to. Thanks.