Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Purchasing an used Honda S2000 from Japan

jamieconway88jamieconway88 Member Posts: 6
edited February 2018 in Honda
Hello guys,
I'm now looking for a used Honda S2000. Its mileage is around 60k km and it takes $25000. We own a Honda Civic for family's purposes and I really love this S2000 because of is appearance. Anyone owns this model can share me your experience? Generally are you satisfied with its performance? And can you give me your thought about m deal, is it worth the money?
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Comments

• jamieconway88jamieconway88 Member Posts: 6
    Any suggestion? I found a Japanese website selling this model with a good price (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-honda-s2000-for-sale). However, I am a little bit afraid of car quality and importing procedure. The dealer has good warranty policy but purchasing a car online is still quite risky to me.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

Any suggestion? I found a Japanese website selling this model with a good price (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-honda-s2000-for-sale). However, I am a little bit afraid of car quality and importing procedure. The dealer has good warranty policy but purchasing a car online is still quite risky to me.

What country do you live in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jamieconway88jamieconway88 Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    I live in Maryland, US. The dealer told me that there's a model can suit all the state requirements. However, I am still concerning about the importing process.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    These are wonderful cars but I don't see how you can legally import it into the USA. It's not old enough.

Why not just buy a U.S. model right here? They are readily available and for less than $25,000.

Why would you want a RHD car?

I wouldn't touch this deal if I were you.