2018 Camry Hybrid SE with Upgrade Options lease for $350/mo. good deal?

linus2018linus2018 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2018 in Toyota
Hi. If I'm getting a 2018 Camry SE Hybrid with convenience, audio, sunroof, BSM monitor w/rear cross traffic alert for $350/mo. leasing (36 months/ 12K miles / $3K down pmt.) including tax, title, etc. considered a good deal?

My first time leasing and want to see if I need to negotiate further down or not.

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    linus2018 said:

    Hi. If I'm getting a 2018 Camry SE Hybrid with convenience, audio, sunroof, BSM monitor w/rear cross traffic alert for $350/mo. leasing (36 months/ 12K miles / $3K down pmt.) including tax, title, etc. considered a good deal?

    My first time leasing and want to see if I need to negotiate further down or not.

    What is the MSRP?
    Selling price?

    State and tax rate?
    Is $3000 the total amount due at signing?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • linus2018linus2018 Member Posts: 5
    The MSRP is $33,600. The Invoice price is $31,300. State and tax rate is Washington state. 10% tax rate. Yes, the $3K is the total due at signing. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    linus2018 said:

    The MSRP is $33,600. The Invoice price is $31,300. State and tax rate is Washington state. 10% tax rate. Yes, the $3K is the total due at signing. Thanks!

    .00001 MF and 55% residual
    $1000 lease cash

    Is $31,300 the selling price on the deal?
    Did they give you the adjusted CAP cost, or any other breakdown of what you are paying?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • linus2018linus2018 Member Posts: 5
    The $31,300 is the price that I would purchase, it's the dealer price. Is that what you mean by selling price? No adjusted CAP cost was discussed. I would pay the $3K down payment and my total lease price including tax, license, etc. would be $350/month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    linus2018 said:

    The $31,300 is the price that I would purchase, it's the dealer price. Is that what you mean by selling price? No adjusted CAP cost was discussed. I would pay the $3K down payment and my total lease price including tax, license, etc. would be $350/month.

    Okay... adjusted CAP cost would have to about $29,900 to get to $318/mo.+tax.
    $31,300 selling price
    $650 acquisition fee
    $800 DMV/dealer fees (estimated.. I know WA is high)
    $32,750 total.
    minus $2650 (upfront minus the first payment)
    $30,100 Adjusted CAP.

    That's only off about $200, so close enough, since I estimated DMV.

    But, $1000 lease cash? ($900 after tax). Is that part of the dealer's $2300 discount? If not, the price looks a little high. If it is included in the discount, then the discount looks a little small.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • linus2018linus2018 Member Posts: 5
    Ok. Thanks. I'll verify regarding the lease cash. Appreciate your help.
  • linus2018linus2018 Member Posts: 5
    Forgot to ask. What would you consider to be a good monthly lease price - $318/mo. + tax or something lower?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    linus2018 said:

    Forgot to ask. What would you consider to be a good monthly lease price - $318/mo. + tax or something lower?

    Sorry, but we don't track pricing. Can't tell you what's possible.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • alexfrnchalexfrnch Member Posts: 82
    Hi
    Could you please provide numbers for Scottsdale,AZ.
    15K/36mo

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    alexfrnch said:

    Hi
    Could you please provide numbers for Scottsdale,AZ.
    15K/36mo

    .00001 MF and 53% residual
    $750 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • david0401david0401 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Could you let me know this deal is good or not?
    Here is Northern California.
    New 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE MRSP $33,683.
    0 down-payment and 0 drive-off
    Rebate $1,400
    Monthly payment: $438.01.

    Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007
    david0401 said:

    Hi,
    Could you let me know this deal is good or not?
    Here is Northern California.
    New 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE MRSP $33,683.
    0 down-payment and 0 drive-off
    Rebate $1,400
    Monthly payment: $438.01.

    Thanks in advance!

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • david0401david0401 Member Posts: 2
    david0401 said:

    Hi,
    Could you let me know this deal is good or not?
    Here is Northern California.
    New 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE MRSP $33,683.
    0 down-payment and 0 drive-off
    Rebate $1,400
    Monthly payment: $438.01.

    Thanks in advance!
    ====================================
    What is the adjusted cap cost?
    --> selling price: $31,945
    --> residual $18,525.65
    What lease term and how many miles per year?
    ----> 36 months and 12,000 miles per year
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007
    david0401 said:

    david0401 said:

    Hi,
    Could you let me know this deal is good or not?
    Here is Northern California.
    New 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE MRSP $33,683.
    0 down-payment and 0 drive-off
    Rebate $1,400
    Monthly payment: $438.01.

    Thanks in advance!
    ====================================
    What is the adjusted cap cost?
    --> selling price: $31,945
    --> residual $18,525.65
    What lease term and how many miles per year?
    ----> 36 months and 12,000 miles per year

    The selling price is not the adjusted cap cost - that number would include the fees that are added into the deal that you are not paying up front, less the incentives.

    Ask to see the deal sheet from the dealer.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • alexfrnchalexfrnch Member Posts: 82
    A question about what constitute MSRP for calculations purposes?

    For example: MSRP 30K
    Additional packages AND Value added items bring that number to 35K: sun roof, upgraded wheels (already installed by dealer, tinting, etc)
    What number do I use for MSRP and Residual Value calculations:

    30K vs 35 K?

    Thank you

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007
    alexfrnch said:

    A question about what constitute MSRP for calculations purposes?

    For example: MSRP 30K
    Additional packages AND Value added items bring that number to 35K: sun roof, upgraded wheels (already installed by dealer, tinting, etc)
    What number do I use for MSRP and Residual Value calculations:

    30K vs 35 K?

    Thank you

    You use the bottom line number on the factory window sticker - base MSRP + options and packages + destination charge.

    Any dealer installed accessories are not part of the MSRP and are not subject to residual. You will pay 100% of that cost in the lease term (window tint, etc.)

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • alexfrnchalexfrnch Member Posts: 82
    Hi May I have numbers for RV, MF, incentives for hybrid XLE, XSE, 36/15K. Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    alexfrnch said:

    Hi May I have numbers for RV, MF, incentives for hybrid XLE, XSE, 36/15K. Thank you

    Which state?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • alexfrnchalexfrnch Member Posts: 82
    AZ
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    alexfrnch said:

    Hi May I have numbers for RV, MF, incentives for hybrid XLE, XSE, 36/15K. Thank you

    alexfrnch said:

    AZ

    Don't see an XSE for the hybrid
    51%/53% residual for XLE/SE
    .00030 MF
    $500 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • larryhhhhhhhlarryhhhhhhh Member Posts: 17
    Hi May I have numbers for RV, MF, incentives for hybrid SE, 36/15K. Thank you!For CA.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544

    Hi May I have numbers for RV, MF, incentives for hybrid SE, 36/15K. Thank you!For CA.

    LA market or SF market?

    Two different Toyota regions in CA.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • larryhhhhhhhlarryhhhhhhh Member Posts: 17
    SF Market please. And any offer for that now
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007
    kyfdx said:

    Hi May I have numbers for RV, MF, incentives for hybrid SE, 36/15K. Thank you!For CA.

    LA market or SF market?

    Two different Toyota regions in CA.

    SF Market please. And any offer for that now

    .00001 and 53%
    $1050 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • vdubbayoocowvdubbayoocow Member Posts: 16
    Can you please provide july MF, RV, and incentives for the Camry Hybrid SE in Los Angeles for 36/15k? Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007

    Can you please provide july MF, RV, and incentives for the Camry Hybrid SE in Los Angeles for 36/15k? Thanks!

    .00001 and 52%
    $500 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • vdubbayoocowvdubbayoocow Member Posts: 16
    Thanks! Would you mind also providing the numbers for the XLE trim? Also 36/15. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544

    Thanks! Would you mind also providing the numbers for the XLE trim? Also 36/15. 

    50% residual

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • dubo2704dubo2704 Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Could you please provide August 2018 MF, RV, and incentives for the Camry Hybrid LE in Los Angeles for 36/12K and for 35/?K. Not sure what the mileage cap is for the 35 month lease so if you could also let me know what that is I'd very much appreciate it.

    Thank you in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    dubo2704 said:

    Hello! Could you please provide August 2018 MF, RV, and incentives for the Camry Hybrid LE in Los Angeles for 36/12K and for 35/?K. Not sure what the mileage cap is for the 35 month lease so if you could also let me know what that is I'd very much appreciate it.

    Thank you in advance!

    There is no 35 month lease.. There might be a ZERO due at signing, 36 month lease, that would only require 35 payments. But, the lease program itself wouldn't be any different.

    36/12
    .00001 MF and 55% residual
    $500 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • AliKCAliKC Olathe, KSMember Posts: 2
    Can I get October 2019 MF, RV, and incentives for the Camry Hybrid SE in Kansas City KS and/or MO for 36/12K. First time leasing and trying to do all my homework. Please and Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    AliKC said:

    Can I get October 2019 MF, RV, and incentives for the Camry Hybrid SE in Kansas City KS and/or MO for 36/12K. First time leasing and trying to do all my homework. Please and Thank you

    Since this is a 2018 discussion, please re-post in the 2019 model Camry discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52394/toyota/camry/2019-toyota-camry-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.