Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• roberto6roberto6 Member Posts: 23
    I paired my BB 8800. Everything works well. Only problem seems to be that when I make a call, I do not hear the ringing tone at the other end. Any idea on how to fix this ? Strange feeling when you dont know if it is rining at the other end.

Looked in the LR2 manual -- no info.

Thanks
  • drgoodydrgoody Member Posts: 5
    I downloaded the blackberry patch an error message comes up (error starting net-rim-bluetooth helper symbol in not found} when i click on the pairing helper icon no luck i tried pairing with my lr 2 no luck any ideas? when you click on the pairing helper on the blackberry whats supposed to come up? any ideas so frustrating

thanks dr g
    I dont recqall getting erro msg. I found the icon on the device and then promted me to pair.

I thought the patch was only for BB 8800

You may want to check as it may not be for BB7130
  • dmusc90dmusc90 Member Posts: 9
    I got an error message at first too. Make sure you have enabled the bluetooth, before you begin to pair.
  • grandtouringgrandtouring Member Posts: 4
    Since the bluetooth in your LR2 will only take up to 500 names pick the ones you want in your car phone book by doing the following; decide which you want to call from your car because once you move these contacts into a separate folder they will not appear in your blackberry. That's the only way that you can synch your BB with the LR2 contacts. Otherwise the car will accept the first 500 and then ignore the rest. If you need all 1900 on your BB then my suggestion is to not transfer the phonebook. There is a setting to do this on the BB. Unfortunately the bluetooth is not perfect and cannot distinguish. If you do want to take only those names that are absolutely necessary here's what to do;

1. Open Outlook
    2. Open your Contacts
    3 Highlight a name
    4. Point to edit and scroll to "move to folder"
    5.A new window will open up which will give you 3 choices, choose "new" and name it. Outlook will ask you if you want to create a shortcut to this folder. Say "yes".
    6. Transfer the seldom used name to this folder which will now take it out of the BB but keep it in your Outlook.
    7. Do this with all your contacts and you will have your phonebook in your LR2

The only other way to keep all your numbers is to transfer nothing and use your BB to find the number and use the Bluetooth only as a handsfree.

By the way, it is surprising that we all accumulate so many number over the course of time many of which we hardly use. When I went through my 1700 names only 466 really mattered. The rest stayed in a separate folder in my Outlook.

Good luck and Happy Cruising!!
    :D Here's the official page from RIM. If you follow all these instructions(as long as yours is a Smartphone) there should no problem

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/articles/252/KB14152_f.SAL_Public.html
    Thanks very much for your help . Much appreciated.
    Thank you again. I also find that when I make a call, I do not hear the phone ringing. People pick up and I hear them. Co-incidently, there is just one phone number that when I call, it rings and I hear it.
    Any thoughts on this issue ?-
  • chuck2008chuck2008 Member Posts: 4
    Is anyone having intermittent problems starting their LR2? I've had mine since April and have been experiencing problems starting the engine. The engine will crank, but not start. It will take a few attempts at pushing the start button before the vehicle actually starts. I first noticed this problem when the weather got very hot and my car had been parked in the sun (I live in Los Angeles, CA). The first time I took the car in to the delearship to try and fix the problem, they thought it was due to a recall - something to do with the fuel tank. The problem went a way for about a month, but ultimately came back. I brought the car in to the delearship again and coincidentally, another LR2 owner was having the same problem at the same time. I left my LR2 with the dealership for 3 days and they were never able to reproduce the problem. Everything checked out with the diagnostic and ultimately they thought it needed a software update and that would fix the problem. Unfortunately, four days after getting my LR2 back from the dealer, the problem has returned. The dealership has been in touch with the tech departments in the UK, but they hadn't heard of this problem before. Hoping someone out there can shed some light on the problem.
  • chuck2008chuck2008 Member Posts: 4
    I got my LR2 at the end or April too. I've been having an intermitent problems with starting the car. The engine will crank and not start. It takes several attempts before it will start. Are you experiencing any such problem? I've taken it in for service twice - the first time they replaced a line that was recalled and the second they updated the software, but the problem persists. The problem started when the weather here in Los Angeles started to get hot back in August. It went away after I took it to the delearship, then it got hot again recently and the problem came back. Seeing as how you live in a warm climate as well, wondered if you had the same problem.
  • muellerfilmmuellerfilm Member Posts: 10
    The trouble you are having with your your LR2 is a warm restart trouble. There is a software fix for this. It is called warm restart software fix. You need to tell your dealer if he can not do it go to Hornburg in Beverly Hills and ask for Larry Johnson he is the service manager and he will get it done. Many dealers do not know how to do the software upgades But they do at Hornburg see Larry. My LR2 had this trouble and now it is fixed. I have now started my LR2 in 115 degree heat with no more trouble. Before the software fix I could duplicate the trouble over and over be setting the AC on near the highest setting on a hot day. Also after starting my LR2 sometimes my radio would be on but there be no sound. They upgraded that software and it is now fixed too.
  • ronxlr2ronxlr2 Member Posts: 46
    That reminds me... i've been meaning to post about my recent trip to the dealership to fix some of my LR2 problems... besides the "rubbing" that mysteriously started in the rear right wheel area that made my LR2 sound like when we were kids and would attach playing cards to our bicycle spokes to make them sound like motorcycles, the 2nd item on my checklist was the infamous stereo no-sound issue that everyone and their mother knows about now....

well guess what? it was news to them.... they had never heard of the problem and had no idea how to fix it... luckily, i had my laptop with me and pulled up the numerous posts from others having the same problem to prove i wasn't crazy. i even showed him where some folks had said that a software update of some kind fixed the problem. so the service manager heads back to his office to call Land Rover service headquarters.... he comes back 15 minutes later and says that he talked to the head technician from their national support line or something and that there were no known issues like what i, and everyone else, was describing.

I'm getting ready to take my LR2 in for the 7,500 mile service. Does anyone have any more specific information about what exactly has to be done to fix this issue? If it's a software update, which software component did they have to update? If anyone could take a look at their service invoice and let me know how they described the update so I can share with my dealership and get them up to date, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • muellerfilmmuellerfilm Member Posts: 10
    Rob

Tell your dealer to reload the radio software for your LR2. For the LR2 it is not a update for the sound issue they have to reload all the radio software to fix it. My LR2 is perfect now. Before the the software reload my LR2 would have the no sound issue 3 times a week. In my last post I reported the sound issue as a upgade but it was really a software reload to a newer version. The radio problem was not exactly a radio problem but it was a problem with the radio external amp. failing to turn on if the radio was not powered down before shutting off the LR2. The newer radio software fixes this. If your dealer went through all the trouble to call Land Rover they should have reloaded the software for the radio at the very least. That's basic dealer 101. Landrover dealers are very aware of the reload and upgrades as they have as they do this all the time for the LR3 and Range Rover. Maybe you should find a new dealer.
    Unfortunately I can only guess at what that might be, unless you have the volume settings on the LR2 set very low. You can go to phone settings and try to adjust that. This might help. There is default setting for the type of ring and the volume, which afterwards you can adjust up or down on the steering wheel. Since the sound for the phone only comes out of 1 speaker on the door post it could be that your volume setting is too low. :) Hope this works.
  • gregw63gregw63 Member Posts: 5
    Water running down the inside of rear window @ the car wash.
    Anyone had a similar problem ?
  • comerbuckcomerbuck Member Posts: 8
    I have seen that happen at the Self Wash stall using the high pressure gun. Just a trickle but I did not spray long.
    This was @ a touchless (high pressure) wash and was more than just a trickle. The dealer is going to check it out as soon as I can get it back to them
  • lachkinazilachkinazi Member Posts: 13
    I just had the EXACT same problem. Lots of popping on my sunroof, then it wouldn't close and was crooked. I dropped it off at the dealer two days ago.

They called me today to say I can come pick up my car, but they have not fixed the problem.

They got the sunroof closed and disabled my buttons so I can't open it again.

The service department said "the sunroof is on indefinate backorder" and it may be several weeks before they can get me a new one.

I have had my car for 5 months. I wonder if I can convince them to take one from new dealer stock? I will report back tomorrow with what they said.
  • zbobzbob Member Posts: 6
    Anybody use the sport mode much? It seems kind of weird. It really winds before shifting to next gear. I guess that is what it is supposed to do. Does anyone do the command shift? Its fun but it seems kind of dangerous to allow the driver to force the gear no matter what speed you are going.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Command shift is great for going down hills and saving your brakes. Just down shift a couple of gears and your brakes will last much longer then normal.
    Yeah, I do that sometimes. It works great but I just feel like I might damage the trans if I downshift too rapidly.
    Not likely. It is not like a real manual where you can shift into a too low gear by accident. The computer won't let you downshift too far just like it won't let you upshift to far. You can shift past 2nd or 3rd while stopped for example.
    That's good to know. That exactly what I was concerned about. Thanks!
    FYI
    Resolution was a bad seal on the third brake light,
    but it sounds like the dealer cracked the lense during repair.
    They patched it up for now so I will have to return when the backorderd part comes in.
  • green17green17 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased the LR2 in mid August. I'm pleased with the vehicle except it has the technology package with the embedded windshield wires. I find these wires incredibly annoying during the day and worse at night. Visibility is negatively affected at night. Can't imagine an engineering department believing this was a better idea than the simple heat/blower system installed on hundreds of millions of vehicles through the years. Interested in hearing if anyone else has the technology package and what they think of the wires. Makes one want to rip the windshield out and install a normal one.
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    no issues for me, i actually live the benefit of quick clean window.. ;)
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    I test drove the LR2 for a day and didn't find it annoying at all. A friend of mine has a 2004 Discovery. I ride it in all the time, and I notice the wires maybe 1% of the time -- if that.
    In my experience maybe 1 out of 500 people find the wires annoying. Most people just phase them out of their vision after a few minutes so they can't see them. The heated windshield is part of the cold climate package not the technology package and has been used on Land Rovers for over 30 years now.
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    I have this package and no compass seems to work through these wires. anybody find one that does work?
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    BR is right - and you still have the blower like all cars. I have been selling LRs for over 6 years and NEVER had a customer complain after 5 minutes driving the car. In fact, it has helped to sell many cars for me.
    Most people as their eyes adjust towards optical infinity just lose sight of the wires. I guess in some situations if the sun is coming in at the right angle or if you are wearing certain sunglasses you can still see the wires but that is a rare case.
    I dont think they are annoying at all. They are a great feature for someone living in the snow !
  • calrovercalrover Member Posts: 3
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me exactly where to download the patch for the LR2 Blackberry issue. I bought the tech pkg. just for this feature and have been frustrated as well......Thank you!
    Here is the link I used for my BB 8800.

http://www.berryreview.com/2007/08/29/trouble-pairing-your-blackberry-with-your-- land-rover-volvo-or-jaguar/

I dont think it works on any other.
  • brownbag72brownbag72 Member Posts: 6
    I just purchased my LR2 a few weeks ago. I have the lighting package. It seems that whenever I hit a bump the warning indicator comes on saying that my adaptive lighting is not functioning properly. If I stop and restart the car the warning indicator goes off until I hit the next bump. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Has anyone found an after market roof rack/ski rack that fits the LR2? Yakima and Thule say they don't have it yet. I don't feel like paying $1000 for OEM product.
  • u2fan1967u2fan1967 Member Posts: 19
    From what I've gathered you need to have the Land Rover rails and then can add either a Thule or after market bars.

Rails are here:
    Thule bar info here:

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the links. As it turns out, you don't need the Land Rover rails. You can get the whole system from Thule. They mount in the door jams. They don't look that great but it serves the purpose for about a third of the Land Rover price tag.
    Has anyone found a dealer for a matching wood steering wheel??
  • muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    Man, reading this forum really makes me glad I didn't buy an LR2 (I had a Freelander). My 2003 LR FL wouldn't start at ramdom times and everytime I took it to the dealer they couldn't recreate the problem. Then on the 3rd time in repair it happened in front of the dealer when i went to pick it up (after they had said there was nothing wrong). They never fixed it and my lease ended. I was stranded 3 times. I feel really sorry for anyone having a no start problem and if LR says they don't know what it is or how to fix it or if they say no one else is having the problem, don't believethem. At one time everyone (on line) was certain that it was an anti theft computer programming issue but that was not correct as my entire start switch and all the anti theft components were replaced and the problem continued.

Also, people experiencing water leaks in car washes beware; this shouldn't be happening and will likely start to leak in rainstorms too. I had a leak through the back tailgate that was never fixed (after 5 times and a complete door drainage system replacement).

By the way, I'm quite sure the LR2 is a completely different car than the Freelander, much better all around. Funny and sad though, it appears to have some of the same problems.
    The freelander leaked from the back because of how the rear window rolled down every time you opened the door. The adjustment would get off and leave a small crack at the top or around the corners for water to get in. The same thing happens with cars that roll the window down slightly when you open the doors MINIs, Porsches, Some Mercs etc. but it was worse on the Freelander because the back glass was so much wider and taller then most of the other vehicles using this system.
  • jld2jld2 Member Posts: 4
    I had the same problem on my freelander, although not with the window but the surrounding gasket. I pointed out the problem issue but still had a leak shortly after it was 'repaired' thus right back to the dealer. After it was 'fixed again' it leaked again, thus directly back to the dealer at which point now additionally with dampness in the ceiling material and water in my rear storage area under the rug. I also discovered that the guy who 'fixed it' walked out on the job....left, a 'problem' employee! Livid, I spoke clearly to the GM re the choices made by service (both technical and not to put the BEST person to address this recurrent problem....i.e.,"CUSTOMER SERVICE")and expected it to be completely and correctly repaired. I then called LR central and then it was COMPLETELY and properly repaired. Problems arise but SERVICE STINKS!!!!
    Wow my service in Orlando is great.
    This is a new model vehicle and I just love mine.
    I think some of you might be perfecttionest.
    I have had many new cars and this is the best.
  • u2fan1967u2fan1967 Member Posts: 19
    Hi Brownbag
    sounds sweet, do you have a url or Thule part number for the rails?

thanks,
    Keith
    What would be the best winter tires for the LR 2. I live in the Laurentians in Quebec and winters are heavy snow and ice.

Thanks
    Keith,
    Here are the Thule part #'s:

750 (Feet)
    762 or 862 (Crossbars)
    1443 (Adapter Kit)

The link is in message 711 of this forum. It is a British site. There are also some other European sites (German, etc) that carry them. I can't find these parts on any American website. I am American but live in Germany. So, it is no real inconvenience for me.
  • ronxlr2ronxlr2 Member Posts: 46
    okay, so i took my LR2 in for the 7,500 mile service yesterday and gave them the additional information about reloading the "radio software". After waiting around in the lounge area for 2.5 hours (since they don't offer loaners or complementary shuttle service down the street to where I work), the service manager tells me that my vehicle is ready but that there didn't seem to be any type of audio module that was software-updatable and that Land Rover was unaware that this problem even existed and had no documentation on how to fix it. He said there wasn't much he could do since they couldn't replicate the issue.

I told him this was exactly what they told me last time I brought my LR2 in for this problem, which is why I asked in this forum specifically what I needed to tell my dealer to do to fix it. I started pulling out my laptop to show him the multiple posts where people were having the same problem and how some were having it fixed, and he tried to cut me off saying, "well, we can't just rely on a bunch of owners talking in some forum about their problems. we can only perform service that is approved by Land Rover. if you can find out a particular dealership name that knows how to fix this problem, then i can call them and find out what needs to be done." so i continued to pull out my laptop and found a post where someone was talking about a specific dealership (and even a service manager's name) and showed it to my service manager. he finally got the clue that i had done my homework and that this wasn't an issue i was willing to live with. he tried to call some tech service people (regional reps maybe?) and didn't get any answers, so he said they'd take another look at the available modules.

Apparently, they had no idea what I was talking about when I tried to offer the additional information of "radio software" needing to be reloaded. they ended up finding and installing a module called the "Infotainment" module. It's only been a day so I'm not sure if the no-sound issue is fixed now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope this helps anyone else that might be struggling with their dealership to find a solution to this problem. Or maybe I'm the only one whose service department is sub par.

Rob
    Had mine towed yesterday did not start engine light came on.
    Hope they find the cause.
    Still think it is the best SUV in it's class by far. Check out link beow for an experts review who is not related to LR.
    It's great.
    http://autos.aol.com/land-rover-lr2-2008:9158-review
    Anyone know if the Outside Mirror Auto-Tilt in Reverse can be overridden so mirrors do not tilt to view the ground ?
    Yes with the car in reverse adjust the mirrors to however you want them and the car will remember the setting.

Put the car back in drive or park and the mirrors will readjust to the original setting. Put the car in reverse again to see if they mirrors go back to what you set them too.