Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• Options
    presspress Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for that update. I guess someone is listening. The car s good and with a few small tweaks, can be a great car.

press
  • Options
    bbernahlbbernahl Member Posts: 4
    I spoke too soon. While the iPhone did pair, I get a lot of garbled transmissions. Whole words or phrases effectively drop out both on sending and receiving... I tried my Treo and it worked well with no drop outs.... Anyone else tried an iPhone?
  • Options
    bbernahlbbernahl Member Posts: 4
    Are you having any issues with your iPhone? I get drop outs which make it pretty much unusable...
  • Options
    ronxlr2ronxlr2 Member Posts: 46
    I have also noticed a little rattling around the seatbelt adjuster, but it only happens rarely when i'm cruising at higher speeds (> 70mph) on the highway. let me know if you find anything out about it.
  • Options
    looney_loeylooney_loey Member Posts: 3
    Why Mandy?
    - My wife thinks of it as a giant MANDarin orange not a giant pumpkin like i read somewhere here :P ( we got the Tambora Flame color)
    - My deceased father-in-law loves that song (too bad he didn't see mandy)
    - LANDY for Land Rover kinda sound like gay (no pun intended) :P

We got it from Land Rover Thousand Oaks, CA... we were offered a good deal by the simplest and nicest people we've ever encountered in a car dealership...

We got a very good price on our trade-in (which is still upside down) compared to others and that's where they put in the discount we suppose to have (MSRP vs Invoice) +plus The Independence day sale...

Opted for the Fully Loaded LR2 which is $40,050 MSRP ...it's been a week now and it's all worth it, the lights are bright as the sun, navi is so easy to use, sound system is not bad at all (i'm a car audio enthusiast thus it didn't impressed me that much)

Haven't use the Manual Mode yet as I still need to complete the break-in window.. I don't want to shock the engine just yet :D

With regards to PDA Cellphones... I'm using a T-Mobile MDA with Windows Mobile 5
    (HTC Wizard Model)

I was able to make it work with my LR2 in minutes after doing the pairing and setting-up the Port to receieve it.

Here's the procedure: (WARNING: May vary with other Phone Models please proceed with caution)

On your PDA
    1. go to bluetooth setting
    2. make sure it's on and discoverable
    3. create a new partnership
    4. "My Car" will appear as a new Bluetooth device
    5. Select service to use from this device (if prompted)
    6. Check the "Hands Free" box and save setting
    7. on COM Ports select INCOMING PORT and choose a PORT - (ex. COM7)

(this maybe the problem I see with other phones... when i connect to my GPS receiver
    (got Tomtom6 for PDA) I use OUTGOING PORT as my PDA connects TO MY GPS DEVICE for satellite signal right? ...right!

TO ALLOW OTHER DEVICES to CONNECT (like the case of LR2 BT telephone system) you need INCOMING PORT to open-up IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND, YOUR LR2 is the one connecting to your phone.

Hope this would help.

(CAPS are for purpose of higlighting not shouting or expression of anger ;) )
  • Options
    dmusc90dmusc90 Member Posts: 9
    Which Treo model are you referring to and what carrier?
  • Options
    looney_loeylooney_loey Member Posts: 3
    Today I succesfully paired my wife's T-Mobile MDA to our LR2

This time however i need to patient enough to click and click the search button till it appear..

Needed to input the pairing code three times before it was able to read it and the rest is just like the procedure above re-PORTING :)
  • Options
    redstar24redstar24 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all-
    just bought the LR2 for my wife. Just curious if any of you who have purchased one also got the exteneded warranty- or if you feel its necessary.

Thanks
  • Options
    08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    nope only plan to keep til about 45000 miles, then I'm back to a Honda Ridgeline. :shades:
  • Options
    ksterlingksterling Member Posts: 1
    with respect, I just saw baltic blue today in the sunlight and it was a beautiful dark blue/light blue spec metallic.

I agree with you on all color info.
  • Options
    mbass426mbass426 Member Posts: 3
    The Baltic Blue is the one color I haven't seen in person. If it looks really dark and metallic, I bet it's pretty!

Grey- It's my favorite in this car. I would have chosen this color but my last small suv was grey. So I wanted a change. I have a feeling this will be the most popular color on the road. It's the only color I've seen around town in Houston so far.

Black- Thought this was what I wanted until I saw the black and tan. I realized that the tan interior would be too light for me with an 18-month old and a husband who loves to work on motorcycles. I do like it in black though.

Silver- This is what I opted for. I've never had a car in silver and loved the look of the silver with the black interior.

White- I had hoped the white would be metallic or iridescent. It was too white for me, although it does look pretty with the tan leather.

Tambora flame- Too bright for me. I think it's fun, I would just tire of it. No offense to anyone who has it. I drove the demo in this color before I got mine. Definitely gets attention and my husband seemed to like the color. It grew on everyone who saw me with it.

Sand and red- both were okay to me. They both looked pretty but I wasn't as excited about them as some of the other colors.

Blue from UK- I wish we could get this color! I have a feeling it would be my favorite color!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I started up a LR2 mpg discussion and used your post as the seed one.

If you have a LR2, please report on your gas mileage there. Here's the link:

Land Rover LR2 Real World MPG
  • Options
    drsm00thdrsm00th Member Posts: 10
    Just got back from a 2 hour lessons from the Land Rover Experience. They did have the LR2 there so I was able to do some training on my own car. Highly recommended. Learned a lot about the vehicle's systems and getting a "feel" for when certain systems engaged, i.e., the traction control system engages slightly over the 2 on the RPM's when getting stuck. Getting a feel for HDC and GDC also was fun. Needless to say, the LR2 got through all the same tough spots as the regular rovers but needed more driver input. The trainers said they love it cause of this fact. Anyone around the areas of the these training sessions definitely should check them out.
  • Options
    star8star8 Member Posts: 8
    I got a booklet on the LR2 and it says that colors are expected to change in late 2007. Anybody know what they are changing to?

Which color did you all get? I'm thinking either the black, the mettalic silver or grey.

The baltic blue isn't bad. It's actually nice.It's a mettalic blue and looks dark and decent!
  • Options
    russnsearussnsea Member Posts: 3
    I also would like to know if they are going to have the new colors in the United States. I have been waiting to purchase one to see what the new colors are going to be. (I would like a nice green) My local dealer in Seattle doesn't think they are going to be in the United States. Does anybody know?
  • Options
    muellerfilmmuellerfilm Member Posts: 10
    Well, after having the LR2 for two months and 1900 miles I am here to report my first problem. Over the weekend I opened the sunroof and I heard a loud pop. Later closed the roof and everything was fine. Next day Open the roof everything fine had it opened all day long on short road trip. Now it’s getting cold so I close the roof while I going about 70Mph and I hear POP POP POP. The roof is ¾ the way closed now but it is very crooked and it’s pushed up on one side and flapping up and down in the wind I thought it was going to fly off.
    I pulled over and looked and saw the glass top pushing into the rear glass roof and the front hanging over the painted section. While standing outside the LR2 I reached in and tapped the close button and held the glass roof to straiten it out. It worked and luckily there was no damage to the paint or the rear glass roof section.
    Its now 11pm and I am 100 miles from home in the middle of nowhere And my passenger is holding the glass roof that is completely loose on one side while I am traveling at 50MPH for the ride home.
    I took the LR2 to Hornburg in Beverly Hills and they were great and gave me a free loaner but I still have no idea when I will get my LR2 back
  • Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    This is interesting...

Seven seat LR2

Not sure if I buy it though. I think you would have to offer a LWB LR2 to make it work. The platform could surely do it as it is very flexible but I think the costs involved would make it unlikely.
  • Options
    ronxlr2ronxlr2 Member Posts: 46
    i'm with you, i'm trying to think of the market a 7-seat LR2 would be targeted towards. seems to me that the only folks that might possibly be interested are those with more than 3 kids, or soccer moms that frequently tote other kids around and don't want to go the minivan route. adding a 3rd row of seats would virtually eliminate the storage area, making the vehicle pretty much useless in most practical situations.

imho, the LR2 does not need to add features and price itself out of the market it's in now and has the potential to dominate.

Rob
  • Options
    salornsalorn Member Posts: 2
    Had my LR2 for 13 days,had it washed and about 3 hours later (upon starting my car)it had stalled and sputtered in a parking lot. Check engine light appeared. Dealership sent a flatbed and the final diagnosis was a dislodged sensor wire from fuel tank due to possible Water pressure underneath engine during car wash??I really hope not.
    Also, radio needed to be reloaded [tech package]. Static in some stations still apparent and the volume surges when channels are changed. Anyone have the same problems? mpg 15-17. Not happy about this either. I thought the mpg would be better. The ride is great, so far no other problems.
  • Options
    muellerfilmmuellerfilm Member Posts: 10
    Sunroof repair update

Well, the dealer called me today to let me know an update on my LR2. Hi sir we are unable to get parts for your LR2 to repair your sunroof. The parts are not available from the vendor at this time. “What” But because you just bought your LR2 2 months ago and you bought it from us we are going to pull the parts we need from a new LR2 in inventory. “Thank You”

Wow, what if I got from another dealer or if I owned the LR2 more than a few months. What would they have said then? Why are the parts so hard to get? This seems unreal to me. I hope the parts supply gets better because this ridiculous .
  • Options
    gbkirschgbkirsch Member Posts: 5
    To be honest and with no defense of Land Rover intended, they simply haven't sold many units yet and I guess the parts are slowly arriving as well? It is quite disconcerting that Ford after producing such a great vehicle as the LR2 is now selling the company. What will that mean for parts and service down the road?? Disconcerting...
  • Options
    salornsalorn Member Posts: 2
    Does the lgvx9900 work for you? I went to the verizon store for help with the bluetooth but they were unable to get a connection. I really like this phone and i need help to get it going with the lr2. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    Does anybody have any info yet on what changes (if any) will be incorporated in the new 2008's coming out? When can we expect the new 2008's to show up at dealerships?

TIA
  • Options
    lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    The car was introduced in April as a 2008 model. The 2009 will be arriving in about a year.
  • Options
    I was hoping that they would introduce some changes in the fall model. They called it 2008 in the US, but everywhere else it is called 2007. The 2008's for the rest of the world should be coming sometime soon, right? I guess we could call it 2008.5 here :)

I've read in other forums, and british_rover mentioned here about rumors of running changes. I'm not looking for huge things. Last time we were talking about covered storage space, homelink, small things like that.
  • Options
    http://www.carspace.com/verdugo/Albums/LR2/

Found these pics in a Russian forum. Not sure how credible they are, or if NA is going to get these changes.

You can see a covered storage space. There's a pic of a new(modified?) seat. And also a pic of the interior that shows some changes. It's a new color, and look at the radio. It looks similar to the one in the LR3.

If anybody speaks Russian, I'd love a translation.
  • Options
    08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    i can work on the translation. coworker is from russia, but wont see her until Monday.

the steering wheel is different, has an additional button above the cruise control - maybe a much needed mute button.
  • Options
    Thanks. I didn't notice the extra button. Instead of blaming my eyesight, I'll blame it on the fact that I don't have a LR2 yet. ;)
  • Options
    interiors is cloth which we aren't going to get in the US. I would expect Land Rover to move the car upmarket slightly and not go down market with a cloth interior model.

I know they are redoing the buttons no the steering wheel and steering stalks to make them more user friendly to Americans. They are going to replace all the symbols with English since Americans don't understand symbols. :confuse:
  • Options
    m1964m1964 Member Posts: 6
    Except the covered space in the center console there is no change-first pic says "covered space for your change", second says "ebony cloth" and the third says "perforated leather".
    I wish they fix those little glitches with software first before modifying existing model.
  • Options
    star8star8 Member Posts: 8
    I'm going to get the LR2 in the black narvik color. What color interior do you suggest I get?

I was thinking black on black.
  • Options
    dmusc90dmusc90 Member Posts: 9
    Anybody hear if any changes on the bluetooth issues are on the horizon? I need a new phone, but I'm getting tired of waiting. After three months, I still love the LR2, but I thought LR would have issued some update by now.
  • Options
    roberto6roberto6 Member Posts: 23
    I am in same situation. waiting to see if Blackberry 7290 will work with LR2 bluetooth
  • Options
    dominor5dominor5 Member Posts: 58
    Hi, just crossed my mind because I had a similar issue before that may be related to your current gas mileage and dirty wheels. You should probably have your brakes checked for drag. Then again if all your wheels are equally dirty perhaps it's normal; but if one or two are significantly dirtier than the others, a frozen caliper piston is a good possibility--this definitely affects gas mileage.

The check procedure is simple. They put the vehicle on a lift then turn each wheel--they should without a lot of effort.
  • Options
    The LR2 HSE launches today and it has some of the changes that people were asking for.

link title

It doesn't say in the press release but from looking at the hard copy pictures they sent me I think it has front Park Distance Control as well.
  • Options
    hopken78hopken78 Member Posts: 1
    Curious: Does the LR2 have a locking gas cap feature? I would think that this would be standard on the car - any thoughts?
  • Options
    I don't think it does (but I did my test drive a while back, so memory is hazy). I'll let an owner or british_rover have the final word.
  • Options
    No it doesn't just an anti-siphon device built into the filler neck.

The techs tell me it is impossible to siphon gas out of a new Land Rover.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. I'll have to wait and see how much more the HSE is.
  • Options
    Yeah we are ordering them today through monday but they haven't given us pricing yet either.

They always do this when they make a chance force us to order them then tell us the price six weeks later. :surprise:
  • Options
    Interesting. How do you see your mix of the LR2? Will you get more HSE's or SE's? Or 50/50?

Just curious.
  • Options
    We will most likely do 10% HSE at the most
  • Options
    I haven't looked at the order call yet to see what they are providing. A lot will depend on the price point of the HSE compared to the SE.

Back when the LR3 came out we though most people would want SE LR3s and not the HSE but we were very wrong. In our area the HSE is by far a more in demand vehicle with loaded SEs coming in a close second. No one wants a base LR3 without nav.
  • Options
    What we are selling here are retired service loaners, most without Nav, althought the Nav cars went pretty quick.
  • Options
    Just noticed dreadfull scratch on drivers side rim. Not sure how I did it but there anyway.

I am worried it will rust > it almost looks like the enamelk came off ...

Any suggestions on how to fix it so it does not rust. I live in Quebec.

Thanks
  • Options
    fanroverfanrover Member Posts: 5
    How is the braking with LR2 is it soft without any noise.
    Cuz mine makes some squeaking noises, as if a machine does when it is trying to lift something heavy. Dealer says its normal for land Rovers, for me its annoying cuz it is a luxury car and when i stop with that squeaky brake its embarassing. People driving their old cars look at my Brand new Rover and have a chuckle.
    Any body any advises on this issue.
  • Options
    u2fan1967u2fan1967 Member Posts: 19
    Hi fanrover,
    I just picked up my LR2 this past Friday and so far (500 miles), no squeaking. While I'm no mechanic, I can say that at a basic level, all cars can have some minor squeaking (even my wifes brand new Audi A4 has some squeaking but it went away a day or so later). Most of the time it goes away with a few hard stops (highway off rams) or some cleaning. Its very doubtful you have something major mechanical wrong with a brand new LR2, but its been going on for a week or more and you hear other "knocking" type noises, then I'd get your dealer to check em. After all, you got that 4/50 warranty.

For reference, check out this article:
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/at_000829.htm
  • Options
    grandtouringgrandtouring Member Posts: 4
    After months of frustration and trying pair my BB8800 with my new LR2 I discovered that RIM has created a patch which will now allow Blackberry users to pair their LR2's. The patch just came out and I must say that it works like a charm. Only proviso is that the phone book in the LR2 only takes up to 500 phone numbers. If you're using Outlook, the best thing to do is to create a separate folder for the phone numbers you want to keep but not necessarily on your BB. I had over 1700 contacts which I placed in a separate folder in my desktop outlook so that I would not lose them. I then kept the 500 most important ones in the general outlook contacts folder which then synched with my BB. When I transferred the phone book. I got all the names I only wanted. Here's the link to the page which should get you set up. Keep those hands on the wheel!! Happy motoring.

http://www.berryreview.com/2007/08/29/trouble-pairing-your-blackberry-with-your-- land-rover-volvo-or-jaguar/ :)
  • Options
    Thank you ! This is great news. I have been waiting for 3 months since I bought the new LR2. Can you help on how to create the separe folder in outlook ? I have over 1900 contacts in my outlook !!

Thanks.
  • Options
    Yikes you guys have too many associates. :surprise: