Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Options
    asi12asi12 Member Posts: 46
    I have 2005 Camry which is in need of anti-freeze.

I checked manual and it states that only use

Toyota's Red color anti freeze

or use only Ethylene glycol based antifreeze and it should be

non silicate
    non amine
    non nitrate
    non borate
    and has low phosphates and organic acid.

Toyota is selling their red color 1 gallon anti-freeze for $20 and in most auto markets have 1 gallon anti-freeze for $5-7.

In non Toyota brands I can only find that it is ethylene glycol based antifreeze and other than that I can't find other chemicals on other brand's anti freeze.

Perhaps it is an other way to force people buy their fluids.

Q: Could any one please tell me which brand is similar to Toyota's red color anti freeze which has above mentioned specifications?
  • Options
    nmt001nmt001 Member Posts: 124
    Ford uses DBW throttle in the Fusion to improve responsiveness and driveability and came up with a reliable drive train . Toyota is reported to be using the DBW throttle in the 2007 Camry to save gas and to overcome a design fault but ends up with hesitation and flare problems.
    Owners of problematic 2007 Camrys couldn’t care less how Toyota got into this mess. What they want to know is whether Toyota is going to face the music and come up with solutions to the problems.
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    I don't know about the Ford Fusion but according to Ford the new Ford Edge has a variable displacement ATF oil pump "to improve fuel efficiency".

Being able to vary the pumping capacity of the ATF oil pump between substantial/adequate flow with the engine at idle and then "idle" the ATF oil pump at high engine RPM and no "demand" would go a long way toward solving Toyota's problem.

My 300HP 2001 Porsche 911/996 C4 uses DBW, and did my '99, and I don't/didn't see any problems there. 6 speed stick shift though..
  • Options
    Seeing as how this problem has been ongoing at least since the '03 Camry was introduced into the market, if not actually with the introduction of the '99 RX300, I suspect Toyota may be waiting for drivers to adapt their driving style rather than fix their HUGE fleet.
  • Options
    fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    I am a Toyota fan but truly, i am disappointed that this transmission problem persists and they cant seem to fix it. :(
  • Options
    user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    correct. there is ample evidence going back YEARS that on a range of Lexus and Toyota vehicles, they have been attempting to "perfect" the DBW control methodology on a number of models.
  • Options
    Sorry, I know I keep saying this, likely too often for many of you, but...

DBW, Drive-By-Wire, E-throttle, E-gas, is being used by Toyota and Lexus as a BAND-AID, PATCH, ONLY!

Yes, they may have adopted DBW by now in any case, but it is NOT a coincidence that they adopted DBW at just the point wherein the design change to a low capacity ATF pump and the parallel move to the upshift technique was becoming problematic.
  • Options
    These are the figures of complaint from the NHTSA relating to POWER TRAIN: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION defects in the Camry from the year 2002 to 2007.
    2002---29
    2003---14
    2004---22
    2005---30
    2006---2
    2007---74
    We can see from the figures that apparently Toyota has solved the automatic transmission problem in 2006 but only to screwed it up in 2007 with the introduction of their poorly designed and poorly tested DBW system.
    It is worth noting that in the NHTSA site none of the Lexus 2007 models has any complaint about Power Train and Automatic Transmission problems.
    So it is a new problem with the 2007 Camry instead the the deterioration of an old one.
    If Toyota doesn't face the music, then they have to face the decline in sales of the Camry.
  • Options
    Do you happen to note the nature of the 74 2007 complaints, of the majority thereof, shift flare, hesitation, etc?
  • Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Seems to be a pretty low number in light of all the complaints on this board. I know my 2 Camrys ('04 and '05 4-cylinders) are fine. There weren't that many 2006 Camrys produced -- it was a shortened model year, because the '07 came out in early March 2006. (I believe 2006 model year production ran from only July-December 2005.)

The DBW started with the '02 redesign. I wonder if the increased number of complaints for the '07 are for the V6 6-speed transmission woes, not for the far more popular 4-cylinder 5-speed auto.
  • Options
    There is no point in worrying about whether the aftermarket antifreeze will be compatible. Just buy the Toyota stuff -- if you're just topping up the fluid level, one gallon will last a long time (use a funnel to avoid spilling it).

Just be sure to read the label to see if it's 100% antifreeze (which you'll have to dilute with 50% distilled water), or "premixed" antifreeze, which already is a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water.
  • Options
    As on September 9, 2007 the number of complaints on the NHTSA site of the following 2007 models are:
    Make/Model----------No. of complaints
    Ford Fusion-----------7
    Honda Accord------- 22
    Toyota Camry--------240

Among the 240 defect complaints against the 2007 Camry, 89 are related to the Power Train and 61are related to Vehicle Speed Control.
    A total of 150 complaints related to defects that affect control of the vehicle.

The 150 complaints related to Power Train and Speed Control are listed below according to the components:
    Components---------------------------------------------------------No. of complaints
    Power Train---------------------------------------------------------------------------- - -----2
    Power Train: Automatic Transmission-------------------------------------------74
    Power Train: Automatic Transmission.: Control Module (TCM, PCM)-10
    Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter------------------1
    Power Train: Axle Assembly---------------------------------------------------------1
    Power Train: Driveline------------------------------------------------------------------1
    Vehicle Speed Control---------------------------------------------------------------38
    Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator pedal-------------------------------------12
    Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control------------------------------------------11

Most of the complaints to the NHTSA are parperless submission so only a few documents can be viewed to check out the exact problems. I have seen documents complaining of acceleration hesitation under Power Train: Automatic Transmission as well as under Vehicle Speed Control. As for flare, I think it should be under Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (TCM, PCM).

For comparison, 2007 Ford Fusion has the following Power Train and Vehicle Speed Control Complaints:
    Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint-------------------------------1
    Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control------------------------------------------1

2007 Honda Accord has the following Power Train and Vehicle speed control complaints:
    Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft----------------------------------------1
    Power Train: Driveline Center Support Bearing-------------------------------1
    Velocity Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal-------------------------------------1

Even by taking the sales ratio of Fusion: Accord: Camry = 1: 2.59: 3.15 into consideration, the rate of complaints against 2007 Camry with regard to Power Train and Vehicle Speed Control defects still far exceed that of 2007 Fusion and Accord and far exceed what is proper for a normal car.

Moreover, 2007 Camry has received complaints of defects in 53 different component options. The 2007 Fusion has received complaints of defects in 7 components options while the 2007 Accord in 22 component options. That means the 2007 Camry has more unreliable components that may go wrong.

Toyota Camry is 2007 Motor Trend Car of the Year?
    Wonder how many problematic 2007 Camry owners regret to have taken that bait.
  • Options
    teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    Thanks for your research nmt001. Good job!

And by the way, *I* regret taking the bait on the 2007 Motor Trend Car of the Year! I am very seriously thinking about trading it in now. I was going to try and pursue a buy-back after my new transmission started experienced the shift flare after 2200 miles. However, it is very hard to reproduce the shift flare this time around and I have a feeling they aren't going to take my word for it.
  • Options
    comuscomus Member Posts: 24
    I hear you. I agree with you. As the customer, I am on my second Camry XLE V6. The first one went out at 300 miles. Toyota replaced the transmission in that car, they built me a new Camry XLE V6 and sent my old Camry to auction after replacing the transmission, with only 300 miles on the car. My second Camry XLE V6 transmission went out at 25k. That was replaced, it is now 10K later, all symptoms are back. It looks like the transmission once again, although there is supposedly a new update for the computer, so I am told. This just does not make a whole lot of sense. Its a beautiful car, plenty of power, if only I could keep it on the road, as this is how I make a living. What do you think is going on?
  • Options
    Comus, what color was your original Camry?? I was just curious because my Camry had about 300 miles on it when we bought it. Wouldn't that be coincidental!?!?

It bothered me a little that it had so many miles but I figured maybe it was driven up from some other dealership and the buyer backed out at the last minute.

I had the transmission replaced around 1200 miles due to the shift flare. It now has about 4000 miles on it and the shift flare is back.
  • Options
    dausdaus Member Posts: 4
    I have a 4 cyl. XLE and had the TSB for hesitation done at 13,975 miles. I just passed 17,000 miles and it's still much better than it was originally. The Service Tech told me it would only be a temporary fix and would probably only last for around 500 miles and then reset. I'm glad he was wrong about that, but the transmission still doesn't respond like it should when power is needed too often. I hope the Toyota Engineers will have a better fix soon. Good news is I'm getting about 25 mpg mostly city and it's still the quietest, most comfortable car I've driven ... just not the safest or funnest.

Rattle Update: Traced an annoying rattle that I thought sure was in the overhead console or windshield by the rear view mirror to the small plastic cylinder that is on the driver side visor where it snaps into the visor clip. I haven't figured out how to stop the rattle permanently, but at least I know where it's coming from.

Next test and update will be a mountain road trip. I've read some negative reviews of the '07 Camry's cruise control. So I'm curious to see if I'll experience the same issues. My 2000 Camry never had a problem climbing or going downhill.
  • Options
    sunilvsunilv Member Posts: 26
    The TSB which resets after 500 miles is the older one (EG056-06).

There is a new TSB (EG036-07) which overwrites the previous one. This new TSB is only for 4-cylinder engines.
    It will fix your hesitation problem.
  • Options
    jewel2jewel2 Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure if this is the right discussion, but my Camry has developed a terrible rattle overhead. I think it's the actual metal roof! It almost sounds like a rope is being whipped against it as I drive. I can't pinpoint it - it seems to be in general.

Anybody else have this problem?

I already have a dashboard rattle and transmission problems that aren't fixed. I really regret buying it.

Thanks.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Do you have a moonroof?
  • Options
    jewel2jewel2 Member Posts: 4
    Yes I do. It's hard to tell if the rattle is related to it or not. The rattle happens whether it's open, closed or anything in between. It sounds like the noise is coming from somewhere right behind the moonroof. Somebody suggested to me that there might be a loose rivet attaching the roof to the frame. I'll take it in for service, but I'm wondering if this is a fluke or something else that is wrong with the '07 Camry.
  • Options
    foxwood_21foxwood_21 Member Posts: 31
    I have Developed the same noise in the roof it seems to happen when you go over a uneven surface. It sound like a stone hits the roof in the back. I just had the Aug 2 TSB done it still hesitates and downshifts all the time with the cruise on. I had the dash rattle fixed also that seems ok now
    I regret buying this car too.
  • Options
    herrimherrim Member Posts: 14
    Mine is a XLE with Moonroof and I started to have the same ratle noise not long ago, but it's when the I moved back the sliding door behind the glasss. It seems like if it was loose or something like that.
  • Options
    laharris23laharris23 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my 07 Camry LE in August 07. The first undesirable thing I noticed was what I thought was a wind noise on the driver's side or from the driver's side window. When I took it in for service to a Toyota dealer closer to my home, that is how I described the noise. They said there was nothing wrong with the window seal. I took it to the dealer I bought it from with the same complaint. They realigned the rear door and said that should take care of it. Well, it didn't. I also complained about the jumpy downshifting and was told the computer adjusted that according to my driving and acceleration habits. I accepted that but now after reading about so many people having that problem, I wonder. I live an hour away from the nearest Toyota dealer/service center so I take my car to a trusted local mechanic for oil changes and tire rotation. Last week he told me my tires are chopped up on the inside and it's because the camber is off on all 4 wheels. He also said there is no way that particular alignment issue happened because of driving surfaces. He recommended I take it to the dealer because the problem probably existed when I bought the car and should be under warranty. I did that and the service manager I was assigned to said the warranty on tires and alignment expired at 20,000 miles and my Camry has 27,000 miles on it. The noise from the left has been getting louder and louder and now I'm thinking that it may have been caused by the alignment issue since the beginning. Comments or ideas anyone?
  • Options
    chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    I have read on some Lexus post that there is a tire presure guage contoll mounted in the roof which may be causing a rattle.
    I have a 2007 camry SE V-6 and also have rattles in the roof area.
    I too have been on the run around with the dealership and Toyota.
    I also have flare problems in my Trans,.
    I too regret buying this car and feel Toyota is not living up to it's reputation.
    Please keep in touch with any fixes you find out.
    Why isn't Toyota fixing these problems???
  • Options
    yes, alignment could cause this issue, and if the tires are bad, you can get a re-alignmet but that isn't going to fix the chopping of the tires.

i've heard there may be machines to take a certain amount of deformation out of a tread, but more than likely - you need new tires.

did you read your warranty? does it specifically say alignment is only good for 20K? the response seems suspicious to me, worthy of investigation and if unclear, clarification by calling the manufacturer.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. I know the tires are a lost cause and I can't replace them until I resolve the alignment issue. I haven't checked the manual yet to verify what the one service manager said about the alignment being out of warranty @ 20k. I'm thinking if there is a history of my complaints about the road noise that has been getting louder, Toyota would have to do a 4-wheel alignment under warranty. My local mechanic said the factory Bridgestone are poor quality tires anyway but they, too, should have a partial warranty with only 27k miles. On the other issue, I just can't get over the way they try to explain away the transmission issues as the computer responding to your driving habits. Can Toyota really get by with so many defects in workmanship and not take responsibility?
  • Options
    Can Toyota really get by with so many defects in workmanship and not take responsibility?

Well, yes and no. For a long time, they just flatly denied that transmission issues existed. But the evidence has existed for some time that they've had issues going back several years with DBW technology in Lexus and Toyota models.

It appears as though they are trying to address these issues, but in some ways, their very success seems to be opening them up to defect creep as it would any manufacturer: increased volume of production, more facilities to manufacture, outsourcing of parts, parts commonality across numerous model lines, speed of new model introduction, various number of models, rate of technology adoption, complexity in implementation, levels of integration with other systems, price structure, etc etc.

Those are challenging forces to keep under control.

It will be very interesting to see if the '08 is plagued with these issues. Then it will be interesting to see what they ultimately do for all you '07 owners.

someone posted this on another thread:
    http://www.wcnc.com/consumer/stories/wcnc-jmn-091307-camry_story-no_tc.ce57a8a0.- - - html

it's interesting how this rep is making it appear that Toyota is being proactive and really responsive about the issue - that there are ways to make you satisfied with your vehicle purchase. to me, it's spin control and is far from "Moving Forward".
  • Options
    stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    It will be very interesting to see if the '08 is plagued with these issues

I wonder how many owners actually have this problem/issue...I've read only around .5% to 1% of all owners experience those problems. Toyota is looking at it purely from a business standpoint, and those numbers are obviously acceptable to them.

I'm sure some people are having problems, but I also think some people need to adjust the way they drive the vehicle. I drove me friends new BMW 5 series the other day and when I romped on the gas it didn't do right away when I was merging into traffic......is that stalling or sluggish? I don't know. I've driven quite a few new cars lately and most of them don't "take off" when you romp on the gas.
  • Options
    I ran into a women driving a 4 cylinder and ask her how she liked her car. She said she liked it. I then ask her if she has noticed a hesitation when acceleration. She said she has noticed the problem didn't like it but didn't know if it was just the way it is.
    My point is that their are consumers out there that don't know what normal for a car and just don't complain.
    I can say that these issues are not normal and do create safty issues! Be careful!
  • Options
    do you have any reference you can cite for the 0.5% to 1.0% defect rate?
  • Options
    Just got my monthly advisor from www.mycarstats.com

This is a free service that you can signup for, and you load each of your vehicles in it. I use it as a way to stay on top of what problems others are having on the vehicles, to be on the lookout for similar problems on mine.

If you look at the results for the 2007 Camry, you'll see many complaints regarding power train (77), and (59) miscellaneous. Reading the miscellaneous, you'll find many are hesitation and transmission related.

2007 myCarStats Summary

couple misc complaint details
  • Options
    stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    If I remember correctly, someone posted an article in one of these discussions and that is what the article said. I'll do some research online and see if I can find anything.

Hypothetical.....if Toyota sold, lets say, 200,000 2007 Camrys and 2,000 people (1%) are having problems, is that acceptable from a purley business standpoint? My answer is no, however if the "problem rate" is that low, most businesses will find that to be acceptable.

Other posters in this discussion point out that a couple hundred people have made federal compalints.....out of over 100,000 new camry owners that isn't a whole lot of people.

I guess the phrase "the customer is always right" no longer carries any meaning.
  • Options
    just as we cannot extrapolate number of vehicles affected by number of posts here on Edmunds, i wager it would be even MORE of a mistake for us to extrapolate number of vehicles affected by looking at the complaints on the NHTSA site.

let's face it, there are probably people experiencing these issues assuming the vehicle IS operating as designed.

what a line.

i think the tale-tale is every one of the previous Camry owners that bought the '07 and their new vehicle and the way they are being taken care of by Toyota has just completely turned them off to the manufacturer's products.

mind you, they were probably die-hard fans before their experience with the '07.

that does not speak well for the company.
  • Options
    Even if it only 1 person with the defect why can't Toyota be proactive and help that 1 person.
    They have taken a defensive stance on this Transmission problem.
    Does the problem exist or doesn't?
    I bought my car thinking if I ever had any problems Toyota would take care of it. That has not been the case. It's been very frustrating!
  • Options
    I hear the thunk when I start the car in the morning. It sometimes hesitates when I start to accelerate. It sometimes downshifts very roughly and unevenly when I'm driving through towns (@ lower speeds). I forgot to say when I wrote about this before that the service dept. @ the dealership I purchased from said there was nothing wrong because there was no error code from my car's computer. They also said the computer sets the timing according to my driving habits, but I already wrote about that. My biggest problem is still the alignment (camber) issue that has torn up my tires and they say the warranty expired at 20k. Another problem--My factory installed blue tooth system gets extremely poor reception and they say there is nothing wrong with it because the computer showed no error code. Has anyone else had the experience of the computer nullifying any potential problems that could be fixed under warranty?
  • Options
    I can't really comment on your other issues, but in regard to the tires, you said they were made by Bridgestone. If these are the Potenza RE92 line, I can tell you from personal experience that they do not have a long tread life. Actually, 27K miles is pretty good for them. I'd just buy replacement tires (not Potenzas) and have a reputable shop install them and check the alignment. You don't need the Toyota dealer for this work.

You can check this site for recommendations.

I've used Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires as replacements, but these are pricey. I happened to get mine as slightly used "take offs" at work.
  • Options
    i find myself agreeing with 210delray on this assessment :)

i had a set of Potenza RE92s on my Odyssey which I think went 26K before needing replacement. you can compare their ratings against other tires at www.tirerack.com.

i think the most important thing you can do is get a 4-wheel alignment with a new set of tires. then, be vigilant about inflation, and rotate them on a fairly regular basis, maybe every 7.5K or so.

i do have an accord, and on that vehicle have some Michelin Harmony tires. So far they've given me 45-50K of service and have plenty of tread left. i must say i don't have them rotated often... the car is just set up really well and the tires are good.
  • Options
    terrrterrr Member Posts: 2
    I need help. 07 Toyota Camry front end vibrates when driving over speeds of 60 mph. They have replaced tires, rotated tires, put in new front axles, put on alloy wheels, traded me cars ( new one still vibrates) Gave me different car to drive that one vibrates. Toyota telling me this is normal and NO one else having this problem. I need some proof that this is not just these cars I am driving, that others are having the same problem. ANYBODY else having this problem. :cry:
  • Options
    No vibration here in 21K miles.

Have they checked the wheel alignments? .... and then of course there is road force balancing that they can do.

When they replace tires, are they putting on the same make tire, or trying a different brand to see if the problem goes away.
  • Options
    terrrterrr Member Posts: 2
    yes, aligned wheels,do not think in tires because it comes and goes. you can be driving and for 10-15 seconds it is ok, then for 30- seconds it just shakes the heck out of you.
  • Options
    That sounds soo much like a standard tire out of balance.

You should suggest that they do a road force balance on the tires. They may not have the equipment there, and would have to take it elsewhere. It basically balances the tires with the load of the car on them....as opposed to spinning them by themselves.

road force balancing

Link provides explanation, as well as a locator.
  • Options
    White, White Camary XLE V6 leather interior.
  • Options
    I have an 07 Camry XLE. This is my second 07 XLE and going on my fourth transmission. I just spent over 900. for tires, because the first set would vibrate at 65+ MPH. I have traded them in for MIchelin's. At this time there is no vibration, these are the best MIchelins you can buy. I also have an 02 camry, went through lots of tires, same problem, it always seemed like a balancing problem. I sent my son over to put new tires on the 02 a month ago, I just found out that this vibration exists on the Yokohamas. The Michelins got rid of the problem.
  • Options
    blue007blue007 Member Posts: 2
    My brand new Camry LE 2008, which I purchased two days ago, had to be taken back to the dealership this morning due to its radio problem. Whenever I turned on the rear-window defogger, it automatically kills the radio signal. All I hear from any radio station is the Shiiieeeeeee.... noise.

When I made an appointment yesterday, the Toyota service person said it would probably be a small antenna problem that can be fixed in 30 min. I was at the dealership this morning at 7:50 am, and I waited at the customer lounge. After two hours of wait, around 10 am, they finally called me just to tell me that they need to order new parts (new real window-shield, new antenna box, etc) and have them replaced tomorrow (hopefully). It really bothered me, but I had no choice. They then told me that they are getting me a loaner, and that they will call me in 5 min. After a half an hour, around 10:30 am, they called me again, and said, since the technician put the old parts back together, I should just drive my car home today and be back tomorrow - or whenever the parts are ready.

It truly is upsetting that my “brand new” vehicle has a problem that requires new parts replacement. And it is also upsetting that the dealership took two and a half hours just to tell me that the parts need to be ordered and come back tomorrow. No apology from anyone for my inconvenience or disappointment. All along, the only thing I hear from them is, “oh, this is strange. We’ve never seen this kind of problem.” Well, guess what, neither have I. Not just this kind of problem, but any kind of problem from a brand new car 2 days-old.

I've always been a Honda/Acura owner - Civic, Accord, Odyssey, and MDX. It is my very first Toyota vehicle I purchased, and I am disappointed, and am inclined to say that it could very well be the last Toyota I buy. It's hard to believe Camry is the #1 selling vehicle, and Toyota is the top seller in the US. Maybe I am very unusually unlucky, but at least a proper customer service would have been appreciated.
  • Options
    Hey blue007,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your brand new 2008 Camry. Unfortunately, I can relate to how you are feeling. After a few days of driving my brand new 2007 XLE V6, we experienced a shift flare and had to have our entire transmission replaced after about a month of ownership. Long story but my shift flare is still there.

I know - sometimes, all you want is "I am so sorry this has happened". The only time I have heard that is from Toyota Motor Sales (Corporate)...never from the dealer or service dept.

Keep us posted.
  • Options
    blue007blue007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, teamtbo. Yes, "we are sorry" would have been great. It wouldn't solve the problem, but it would at least make you feel better.

Sorry to hear about your new Camry with the transmission problem. That's major. I wouldn't put up with it until they get it "completely" fixed to your satisfaction.
  • Options
    vizyovizyo Member Posts: 35
    My 2007 Camry had some similar problems when I bought it in April. Trunk was not closing well hitting the bumper and peeled off its paint. I have now touch-ups on the bumper. Its fan was not running correctly never going to off mode and keep running all the time. Glove box was not closing properly and misaligned with the dasboard body. I called Toyota and complaint about all these. The only thing they said "sorry.. it happens. that's why we give 3 years warranty". They have horrible customer service. All the defects I listed above were actually supposed to be detected in the first place when the dealer did Pre-delivery inspection that I already paid for.

I have recently noticed that the front bumper has around 10 small spots that chipped off completely. Little flies chipped the paint. In a year or so I will probably have tens of black spots all over the bumper (my car has silver color). I would never think of having these types of problems with Toyota as I was a very happy owner with my old Toyotas for 13 years. I have promised myself not to buy another Toyota. This camry will be definitely the last one.
  • Options
    distraughtdistraught Member Posts: 1
    We need help too!! My 07 Camry has the same problems exactly and has since day one..They have done everything to mine including changing wheels and tires but still the problems are there..Not vibrating, but pulling to left and right and have to counter steer. What's tht all abt?..I loose control of car with hitting the least little bump. The car has been in service abt 6 times, this last time for 25 dAYS..iN CONTACT WITH TOYOTA NATIONAL OFFICE IN CA. AND THEY ARE TO GET BACK WITH ME IN 24 HRS. ALL I WANT IS A DIFFERENT CAR OR JUST OUT OF THIS ALL TOGETHER. WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOU NOW AND WHO FINALLY DID EXCHANGE YOUR CAR. I FEEL VERY MUCH ALONE WITH THIS NOW AS THE DEALERSHIP IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL.
  • Options
    I too am in the same boat you are. I have had my car for over a year. It still has the trans problem after trans relacement. The dealership in Skokie, Ill. say's they can't do anything for me and it's all up to coprate. Corprate tells me it's the dealership that needs to fix it.
    Bottom line it stinks!
    PS There are some previous post of someone trying to get a news station involved
  • Options
    Distraught and chuck,

In California, if Toyota has tried fixing your car 4 times or more or it has been in the shop for 30 days or more, than you should be protected by your state's Lemon Law. I recommend you contact a lemon law attorney. That is what I am doing.

Contrary to what Toyota's documentation says, you don't need to go to arbitration first (since they paid by Toyota and are biased) - at least not in California. Arbitration is only a recommendation by Toyota...actually, my case manager mentioned this as well in passing and I have read it a few places too. Once you get a lemon law attorney on your side, Toyota will most likely settle out of court and buy your car back and it won't cost you a dime because they will pay the attorney's fees (just make sure your attorney isn't trying to take advantage of you). Also, make sure everything is documented.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am not qualified to give any legal advice ;-)