Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Flat Rear Tire - What to do?

chaiyachaiya Posts: 14
edited April 2018 in Honda
My air pressure warning light came on tonight and when I looked at my tires I saw that the rear left tire was going flat. I had a flat maybe a year ago, and the Honda dealer repaired the tire. I'm not sure if it's the same one. In any event, I don't want to get stranded on the road being that I am a single female and I have never changed a tire before in my life. I have two questions. Is it difficult to change the tire (Do you think I can do it by myself)? Do you think I should just insist on a new tire when and if I get to the Honda dealer? Thanks so much in advance for all your help!

Comments

• capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 881
    No, it's not hard to change a tire. Anyone can do it, it just takes a little practice.

As a general rule, tires aren't covered by the vehicle warranty, so whatever happens, you're going to be the one footing the bill, so do what you want!
  • chaiyachaiya Posts: 14
    Thanks so much for your help!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Why don't you join AAA? They can take care of a tire change or tow you if necessary. I'm sure you could learn to change a tire but depending on where the flat occurs (on a freeway? YIKES!) you may not want to do that.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,054
    A lot of drivers keep a portable air compressor in their car. That way if the tire gets a leak, and if it is small enough, they can inflate the tire and then drive somewhere to have it looked at.  That saves them from having to deal with it themselves. 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Not a bad idea! But get yourself a good one. Some of them in the market are so weak and so noisy that it takes forever to get a few PSI into the tire.