Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

XC40 subscription: what options aren’t included

aklugerakluger Posts: 12
edited May 9 in Volvo
What options aren’t included on the R design $700 subscription? What do you think that same vehicle would lease for for 36/10-12? Trying to decide if I should lease or subscribe. Thank you!

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 86,311
    akluger said:

What options aren’t included on the R design $700 subscription?

What do you think that same vehicle would lease for for 36/10-12?

Trying to decide if I should lease or subscribe. Thank you!

I'd worry more about the car insurance situation.
    Are there other vehicles or drivers in your household?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• aklugerakluger Posts: 12
    kyfdx said:
    What options aren’t included on the R design $700 subscription? What do you think that same vehicle would lease for for 36/10-12? Trying to decide if I should lease or subscribe. Thank you!
    I'd worry more about the car insurance situation. Are there other vehicles or drivers in your household?
    My wife and I are the drivers. 
    No other vehicles to insure. 

Has insurance been an issue with the subscriptions? 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 86,311
    akluger said:

kyfdx said:

akluger said:

What options aren’t included on the R design $700 subscription?

What do you think that same vehicle would lease for for 36/10-12?

Trying to decide if I should lease or subscribe. Thank you!

I'd worry more about the car insurance situation.
    Are there other vehicles or drivers in your household?

My wife and I are the drivers. 
    No other vehicles to insure. 

Has insurance been an issue with the subscriptions? 

If you had another car and driver, and an existing insurance company, how would you handle it? What if you have a multi-line discount, because your existing company also insures your residence? Do you really want to switch auto insurance companies, just to lease a vehicle? What happens at lease end, when you get a different make car? Do you have to shop for insurance, too?

Those are the questions that would come to mind, for me.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• calmark999calmark999 CaliforniaPosts: 27
    To answer your first question, it looks like the R-Design Care By Volvo option includes everything but the orange seats and the Protection Plan option.

Good luck with your decision. I'm weighing the pros and cons myself. My hunch is that I'll get a better deal negotiating a discounted price on a traditional lease. We'll see.
  • leroy111leroy111 Posts: 7
    I don't like the whole idea of a subscription because you are losing a lot of power as an owner but it depends if that bothers you or not