Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Over mileage

dannyd2026dannyd2026 Member Posts: 4
edited May 2018 in Audi
I have a lease through Audi financial and looking to turn my lease in for another vehicle. The dealer stated they can’t work with me on over mileage but only work on the selling price on the new car. Is this correct or are they trying to scam me into putting more money down on my new lease?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You mean you want more than 15,000 miles a year on the lease?
  • dannyd2026dannyd2026 Member Posts: 4
    I apologize, I wasn’t completely clear, what I mean is I have 49k miles on my current car and was supposed to be at 36k.  At .25 a mile, that’s a couple thousand dollars to turn the car back in.  I’m ok with paying the over mileage, I just want to make sure the dealer isn’t trying to rip me off when they say they can’t absorb the mileage when I’m getting another car from them. Instead of putting $2500 out of pocket, this is turning into $5750 because of the mileage I went over.  

What im asking is can they absorb some of that mileage so I don’t have to put as much out of pocket or is it a scam so I pull more money out of my pocket.  I remember companies would forgive overages or some at least if you got another car. Not sure if this is the case any longer. 
    Thank you for your response. 
    Thank you Mr shiftright.  Makes sense and certainly helps. I just wanted to make sure they weren’t trying to rip me off. 

Thanks again,
    Dan