Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Accessories

Comments

• technishawntechnishawn Member Posts: 26
    I know there is some question as to the difference in features on the '06 and '07 audio controls with the '07 having more function than the '06 even after an upgrade to '07 steering wheel switches. I have had some experience installing steering wheel audio controls on my '05 Dodge Ram where none had excited before. Dodge uses the instrument cluster as the body module. All input for body controls pass thru the instrument cluster even the audio controls. I simply had to tap into the cluster with one wire on the right pin to gain access to all steering wheel audio controls. Now I know your thinking big difference between Dodge and Hyundai.. maybe, but isn't it interesting that the only difference between an '06 and '07 Azera is the steering wheel switches and the instrument cluster. Just some food for thought.
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE 180
    Thanks for reply, but I still don't know how to do it on Azera, or if it can be done.
    Has anyone else figuered out the mystery?
    I'm still guessing that the 07 audio head has a program or eprom change.
    Does anyone know who supplies audio system for Azera?
  • technishawntechnishawn Member Posts: 26
    I do not think the eprom or software change was on the head unit because the '06 and '07 have the same part number. There needs to be a way to differentiate the two so an '06 head unit is not installed in a '07 causing a loss in steering wheel remote audio functionality. The only different part numbers are the instrument cluster and the switches. Hyundai could be using the instrument cluster as a comms. link (body module) between the switches and the head unit. Besides if you go to a aftermarket NAV unit as stated in previous posts you will lose steering wheel remote audio controls anyway.
    RE 182
    I haven't made decision to go to Pioneer AVIC unit yet, since I have not learned of anyone making a successful change. It would be a costly experiment. Some aftermarket units are control able thru steering wheel remotes for audio functions. I'm not sure if Pioneer falls into this category.
    My local Hyundai parts guy says that sometimes when a parts supplier makes a modification, such as a software change, Hyundai does not change the parts number.
    The modification only shows up when they run the vin number to get a build or manufacture date.
    I had this happen with my Infiniti Q45. They had 3 different water pumps, all having the same Infiniti part number.
  • cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    PAC makes a kit to allow your existing steering wheel controls control your aftermarket deck. Pioneer, Alpine, Sony, etc.

I think the kits about $69.00
    RE 148
    THanks!
    I believe that Pioneer markets their own adapter.
    I'm still waiting to see an installation of the system.
    Does anyone know where one can buy the side marker repeator lights that are on the new Grandeur?
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Does the Grandeur have both the side marker repeater lights on the front fender as well as the side view mirrors? To me, it doesn't make sense to have both.

However, if it's the mirrors you're looking for... signal mirrors

If you want the ones for the front fenders...why not pick some really nice aftermarket ones that you'll pay less for and won't have the look that everyone else will that has them from the factory?
    RE 187
    I am not looking for mirrors.
    As the Azera does not have side marker lights, I guess that it will not look like others.
    I have nor found great looking after market side marker lights, but if anyone has suggestions, I am open.
    I don't want any chrome or color. Just clear lens with amber light. I would like them to be lite along with parking and head lights, and to blink with directionals.
  • tinydog1tinydog1 Member Posts: 83
    Just installed the 2007 audio controls on my 06, piece of cake. It's great to have at least track up and down. Disconnecting the battery causes you to lose radio presets and seat memory settings but does not affect the auto lock or EZ-Exit features.
  • grayfoxgrayfox Member Posts: 166
    Has anyone bought and installed the 2007 type outside mirrors yet? What about the wiring? I checked my 06 with a voltmeter and can't find a left turn voltage on any of the wires from the left mirror.
    You will not find that wire as your car is not wired for mirror turn signals. I put aftermarket LED signal mirrors on my vehicle in the past and it's a fairly easy install but you will have to run a signal wire from under the dash to each mirror through the rubber door grommet. A little time consuming but not a very difficult installation.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Have any of you techies figuered out exactly why the upgrade of audio remote switch from 06 to 07 doesn't give all of the functions as the 07 Azera?
    I still can't find out who manufactures audio system for Azera.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Infinity
    The Infinity audio system appears to be manufactured by Harman/Becker automative systems. As they say it is an oem unit, their position is that you must go to Hyundai to get information about specifications, I was able to accertain from the rep that I spoke with is that if it is a software change that permits the "extra" functions, the 2006 unit should be reprogramable.
    Any ideas?
    Floridabob1...

Here's how mine look...they are basically like the ones on Volvos, but they have a smoked colored lens and an amber bulb. If you look anywhere that sells performance enhancements for cars, they'll sell side marker signal lights as well.
    I'll get a close up shot of them for you.
    Thanks for the postings on the replacement of 06 to 07 Azera audio remote switch.
    You guys are right, the whole job took less than 15 minutes.
    I did notice that the main socket the short remote switch harness plugs into has some unused wire slots.
    At some point I'm sure that someone will figure out how we can get all of the 07's features.
  • black_pearlblack_pearl Member Posts: 15
    Hi! I don't know if it will make a difference for you but I checked with koreanautoimports.com and the mirrors already come pre-painted to match your car's color. I am seriously thinking about adding this to my black 06 Limited because it makes it look just a wee bit better,IMO. :blush:
  • plwilliamsplwilliams Member Posts: 96
    black_pearl,
    any idea as to whether or not the existing wiring will support the new mirrors? My guess would be that something has to be spliced from the turn signals :confuse:
  • plwilliamsplwilliams Member Posts: 96
    I received my new grille from dream4uka last week and it's a perfent match for my steel-grey Azera. I decided to bite the bullet and have my local dealer do the install, for which they charged $80. It looks great, well worth the cost of the grille and the install IMHO.
  • black_pearlblack_pearl Member Posts: 15
    plwilliams,
    that was my guess as well. before i got rid of my accord i was going to attempt the same thing and the limited instructions i got indicated that was the case. however, how to go about doing that...i'm at a loss. i was thinking about having a shop do it for me.
    Click on link below to see some pictures of some of my toys,such as wood dash kit, back up sensors, hand painted pin stripes, debadged rear.

Photos
    Did you install of these mods yourself or have the dealer do it?

Looks sweet ;)
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Hi floridabob, great pictures love the sensors . Are they easy to install ??
    I presumed it can be use also in the front bumper.
    When parking I could use all the help I can get , the sensors are for me.
    Where do you get them and who can install them ?? Are these dealer's accessories ??
    The second I become an Azera owner I am getting those sensors.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lou
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Beautiful.
    nuff said
    van ;)
    RE 202
    Thanks for the comment.
    My sensors are audiovox.
    I had them installed by high end accessory store ( Drivers Seat. They have several locations in Palm Beach county Florida.
    I had them painted to match car by local paint shop. $35
    The kit can be bought over internet for about $125 ( 4 SENSORS)
    I paid about $300 for the unit, installed, at store.
    The drilling was easy as bumper is all plastic.
    The locations are somewhat critical, both for performance and to not hit any support brackets,
    The brain, and most wires are located over the interior top of trunk. The piazzo speaker (very small) is mounted on rear deck, drivers side, outward of seat belt. I was going to have speaker mounted under dash, but there is a volume switch on piazzo, that I wanted access to, if needed.
    The unit works great. Begins to sense and beep at about 5-6 feet, get faster the nearer you get, and becomes constant tone at about 1 1/2 to 2 feet.
  • akoni1akoni1 Member Posts: 35
    a friend has an 03 park avenue. He bought an aftermarket set of remotes. If the person carrying remote #1, the driver seat,etc adjusts to the #1 driver's preference. Ditto for driver #2 remote. Are such remotes available for Azeraz?
    RE: 206
    That is the exact system that Hyundai used on the XL350, up until 2005, along with "tilt in reverse" side view mirrors.
    For some strange and unexplained reason, they eliminated these features on the US version of the Azera.
    Does anyone know where one could purchase 2 electrical male end pigtail connectors to fit side marker repeater lamps used on the Hyundai Grandeur? The side marker lights are Hyundai Part Number 92303 3L100.
    The local dealer can't pull up the part number of the harness end, as the Grandeur is a non US model.
    Consumer Affairs at Hyundai US offered no help, and suggested that I contact a local dealer in Australia.
    I have been unsuccessful on the Hyundai International web site.
    I'm about to load up my kangaroo and pick up my parts there.
    Good morning Bob.
    Who did the hand painted pin stripes , name and address will be great ?? As soon as I get my Azera I would like painted strips.
    Thanks
    Lou
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    No addresses or other personal contact information, please. We can't verify it so we ask that it not be posted. See the Rules of the Road on the left side of the page. Business name and city, state is acceptable, but nothing more specific than that - thanks.
    Ok Pat
    Lou
    You should be able to go to your local Advanced Auto, AutoZone or any place that sells electrical stuff for cars...heck, you might even check the auto section in your local Wally World (Wal-Mart).
    RE: 213
    I went to 7 auto supply stores, including Advanced and Auto Zone, as well as 3 auto electric repair shops. No glory!
    I called 2 major elecrical after market manufactures. They do not make or have specs on cars not made for the US markets. Apparently, Hyundai has used wire harness' and light sockets for their Korean models, such as the Grandeur, that are not used in the US.
    Local dealers cannot access parts for non US sold models.
    I was able to retrofit the lights that I plan to install to accomodate the installation without the pigtails
    Now THAT is shocking. The place I got mine installed at didn't have a problem at all. You'll see from the pics that I'll send you how they connected mine to the turn signal lights.

I hope after all your effort to get those lights installed, that you're happy with the results!!!
    RE 215
    I believe that the lights that you installed were not Hyundai OEM units.
    Probably a wise move on your part.
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    Allmet33,
    I'm just starting to install the side markers. Would really, really appreciate any picture or pictures you could send me. I don't have a "pigtail" or anything like that. Just wire strippers and elec. tape and confidence.

Thanks much,
    CDM
    RE 217
    If yours are aftermaket lights, and have wires coming from the socket, no pigtail is needed. Mine were designed to plug into a harness and therefore had no wires to attach to existing directional signal wires.
    I also believe that most aftermarket lights require only the drilling of a round hole.
    Cdmuile...I only have pics of the lights already in and of where they are connected to the signal lights. Here are the type of connectors (T-Taps w/male quick disconnects) they used to connect mine:

I can tell you, as Floridabob1 pointed out...most of the aftermarket universal type side markers only require a hole to be drilled for mounting the actual light housing. There are different ways you can connect the wires to the turn signal wires. Here's a butt splice connector that can be used:

The end of the wire leading to the side marker goes in the end that has a dead end and then you slip the opening over the wire you're spliding into. Once in place, you take a pair of pliers and press the metal blade down into the wires. Close the folding cap and you're done.

Good luck.
    Here go the pics I was able to take...

Driver's side splice:

Passenger side splice:

Pics of the Driver's side light on & off (the lens has a smoke tint to it):

Just keep in mind that these types of connectors have been proven to be very unreliable. They are most convenient but are never used by quality electronics installers. You should always solder connections and then tape them up well.

In an interior setting where weather is a non-issue, you can probably get away with using these styles of connectors. However, under the hood of a vehicle where it's subjected to the weather can cause the copper wires to oxidize where they are "pinched" by these quick-install connectors and there is nothing to seal them from the elements. Once the wire begins to oxidize, it increases the resistance of the wire and can cause the wire to prematurely fail.

I understand these connectors are the easy way out to a quick and dirty installation. After installing automotive electronics for over 25 years, and being an electrical engineer, if you can solder I would strongly recommend it.
    RE;220
    Thanks for the pictures.
    I had my OEM Grandeur side marker lights installed last night by the Drivers Seat, locted in Boynton Beach, FL.
    The installer, Mike, is a true artist. The job came out perfect, although I almost had a heart attack watching him cut these hugh holes in my front fenders. The install took a full 3 hours,
    I will attempt to take some pictures in next couple of days, and will post.
  • eclaixpeclaixp Member Posts: 46
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did everything cost (Installation and side markers)? Where did you buy the side markers? Thanks.
    RE: 223
    Sidemakerts came from dreams4u.com. Price was $33.00 delivered.
    Installation was $150.00.
    It sounded like a lot of money when quoted, but took 3 hours of artistic work. Very neat and professional job. Well worth it. One slip and it could cost a fortune to repair.
    Well...I tip my hat to your 25+ years of automotive electronics and I agree that soldering is the best option when you can, but I've never experienced any problems with those connectors personally. Usually if I do them, I cover the whole thing with electrical tape for added protection. Which...is exactly what I'm going to do with those connectors. ;)
    The price you're quoting is pretty on point. I paid $25 for my lights and $140 for the install. Because mine only required a simple hole being drilled, the install only took about 1.5 - 2 hours.

Glad to hear it came out as you desired!
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    RE: 226
    My installation was not for the faint hearted. It required a good eye and steady hand. The flange around the part set into the fender is about 1/4 inch. He had to make a template, cut hole smaller and slowly grind down surplus with a dremmel type tool to achieve perfect fit. It was almost like a dentist adjusing a bridge to fit someones mouth.
    Ever hear of an Unibit? Perfect for the application you are talking about. The drill bit is shaped like a round pyramid with each 1/16th inch a diffferent cutting size. Perfect for metal...expensive (about $30) but I have had mine now for over 10 years and have gotten a ton of use out of it.

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/unibit/unibit.jhtml?source=google&gcli- d=COT-zPCUhIkCFRE9FQod_B6cLQ
    RE: 221
    I do agree that soldering is the best method for connecting electrical connections, however I believe that all of the other electrical connections on the car utilize plug in connectors. I agree that wrapping with electrical tape or coating with liquid tape would produce a more waterproof connection. I try to use shrink tube whenever possible. ANCOR makes a great line of crimp, adhesive, shrink on products that I have used on my boats for many years. Never had a failure.
    RE; 228
    My feeling was that if someone screwed up, let it be them.
    A fender repair would cost way more than $150.00
    I figured it was a risk vs. reward decision.
    After watching the great job that he did, I am happy with my decision.
This discussion has been closed.