Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Diesel X5 or hybrid 40e - government to manufacturer rebate ?

4sallypat4sallypat Posts: 47
edited June 2018 in BMW
Want to know if there is a federal incentive still in place for buying/leasing a diesel engine X5 ?

Last time I got a 2013 X5d (E70), there was a $4500 rebate added along with other dealer discounts totaling over $12000 when that model year was the left over as the new F15 were already.

Does anyone have any info on the government rebates / incentives given to BMW X5: 40e vs diesel vs gasoline ?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I think diesel tax incentives disappeared some time ago. The only incentives I'm seeing are HERE:

https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x5/2018/deals/

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,033
    4sallypat said:

Want to know if there is a federal incentive still in place for buying/leasing a diesel engine X5 ?

Last time I got a 2013 X5d (E70), there was a $4500 rebate added along with other dealer discounts totaling over $12000 when that model year was the left over as the new F15 were already.

Does anyone have any info on the government rebates / incentives given to BMW X5: 40e vs diesel vs gasoline ?

The federal tax credit on an X540e is $4668.
    BMW also offers a $1000 financing rebate.

As noted above, there is no tax credit on diesels, though BMW also offers a $1000 financing rebate on this model.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 4sallypat4sallypat Posts: 47
    Much appreciated this information! Now waiting till end of the year to cash in on some BMW deals to be had.
  • xsnakexsnake Long Island, NYPosts: 17
    Is the 3,750 BMW currently offers different and in additional to this: federal tax credit on an X540e is $4668? Thanks
    xsnake said:

Is the 3,750 BMW currently offers different and in additional to this: federal tax credit on an X540e is $4668? Thanks

The $3750 is a lease incentive, in lieu of the tax credit (since the customer doesn't get the tax credit on a lease)

Edmunds Moderator

• 4sallypat4sallypat Posts: 47
    kyfdx said:

xsnake said:

The $3750 is a lease incentive, in lieu of the tax credit (since the customer doesn't get the tax credit on a lease)
    Thank you for that valuable tip!

I am hoping by the end of the year when the 2019 X5 will be on lot - the leftover 2018 can be had for a bargain ???
    4sallypat said:

kyfdx said:

xsnake said:

Thank you for that valuable tip!

I am hoping by the end of the year when the 2019 X5 will be on lot - the leftover 2018 can be had for a bargain ???
    Sorry, my magic 8-ball is in the shop.

Edmunds Moderator