Title Trouble

naynay83naynay83 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Chevrolet
Alrighty, so we live in Oklahoma, we were recently given a vehicle by a friends son . It's an "If it cranks then friend it's yours" Well it cranks! WOOHOO! Right!? Now the trouble; the truck is here in Oklahoma, was last tagged in 2012 in Colorado, the parents live in Texas and the son (whose name is on the misplaced title) lives in California. Can you guess and solve our dilemma!? OH HOW I HOPE SO! Thanks for any tips!


  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 233,511
    Is the lost title from Colorado?
    Do you have the registration from Colorado, or just the plates?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • naynay83naynay83 Member Posts: 3
    I have the expired Colorado registration from 2012. The plates are not on it.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Whoever has their name on the misplaced title applies for a replacement title, and can either receive it by mail and send it to you, or in some states merely transfer the new title into your name without putting it first in his name. The question that I don't know about Colorado is whether they will let him do this remotely.
  • naynay83naynay83 Member Posts: 3
    I know in Oklahoma and Texas you can do it all through the mail but I keep seeing "in person" on anything I google about Colorado, I'm hoping I'm misreading or misunderstanding.....
Sign In or Register to comment.