Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    My understanding is that we will continue to get Japanese built CR-Vs. Right now, we get some from Sayama and some from Swindon. When the Ohio line comes into play, it will replace the volume we got from Swindon, but not be enough to eliminate the need to ship them from Japan.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    has it been completely verified that honda isn't offering a v6 in the Cr-v? The one in the RAV-4 is sweet and honda's 3l or 3.2l will be great for it to stay competitive. 250hp like the Rav-4 isn't needed but the 244hp like the accord will be appreciated.Its much better than 166hp. Any diesels?

-Cj :confuse:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    No V6 for the CR-V is the official word. Honda says in this month's Car and Driver that it didn't want to go the same direction as the RAV4, since it's purpose would change if it did. Honda wants CR-V wants to stay around the same size/engine/price range. Believe me, a 3.0L V-6 from the Accord shouldn't have been too hard to implement, but then you'd hear people complain when they see a $30,000 CR-V.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    Honda probably doesn't see enough sales in CR-V with the V6. Even with RAV4 having a V6 (and fleet sales), it still has a hard time keeping up with CR-V.

Honda may have plans to introduce diesel in a year or two instead. And that actually makes more sense.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Does anyone know what the fully loaded EX-L w/NAV will run?
    My guess is around $28k. It would be nice to have NAV as an option in the EX w/cloth. Not a huge fan of leather...have it in my Ody because I wanted the NAV.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You can see it in one of the pictures, but it is mostly blocked from view by the shifter.
    It's usefull if you are driving near a brush fire or behind a hay truck or by a cattle farm in cool weather and don't need A/C.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    "...sell a ton of these"

That's not a lot. A ton would amount to less than 1 vehicle! ;)
  • denise31denise31 Member Posts: 21
    Does anyone know if there will be turn signals flashers on the 2007 CR-V mirrors as I have seen in some pictures? :)
  • turbocrvturbocrv Member Posts: 19
    Fri, 1 Sep 2006, 00:05:00 ;)
    New Release from American Honda Motor Company

2007 Honda CR-V (Fall 2006) made (built) by
    Honda of America Mfg., Inc.
    East Liberty Auto Plant
    East Liberty, Ohio

2007 Honda CR-V Overview Part 1
    "All-Around Class Leader in Style, Dynamics and Versatility with Advanced Safety".

2007 Honda CR-V Overview Part 2
    Body Styles, Trim Levels and Options.

2007 Honda CR-V Interior Part 1
    Advanced, Safe and Sporty Interior Space.

2007 Honda CR-V Interior Part 2
    Part 2 overview.

2007 Honda CR-V Powertrain Part 1
    Advanced Technology for Performance, Economy and Low Emissions.

2007 Honda CR-V Powertrain Part 2
    Part 2 overview.

2007 Honda CR-V Body Part 1
    Dynamic Styling with the Latest Safety Technology.

2007 Honda CR-V Body Part 2
    Body overview part 2.

2007 Honda CR-V Chassis
    Fun-to-drive with high safety content.

2007 Honda CR-V Specifications
    Engineering and dimension specifications.

2007 Honda CR-V Features
    Interior and exterior features.

2007 Honda Warranty Information (CR-V) :sick:
    Bumper-To-Bumper Warranty (years/miles) = 3/36,000
    Powertrain Warranty (years/miles) = 5/60,000
    Corrosion Warranty (years/miles) = 5/unlimited
    Emissions Warranty (years/miles) =
    Federal: 3/36,000 and:
    8/80,000 (specified major emission control components)

California: 3/50,000 and:
    7 /70,000 (specified high cost emission control components)
  • vonnyvoncevonnyvonce Member Posts: 129
    Very nice, like it all except for no dual climate control. I stand by my original statement, the EX or EX with Nav should have it. The Rav Limited has it as does some models of the Accord. It would not be that hard or expensive to do.

I still do not understand why alot of the goodies from Europe don't make it here.
    I still do not understand why alot of the goodies from Europe don't make it here.

In Europe, a CR-V is very expensive as opposed to here, where it is a lower-priced model. Their bottom-end cars make ours look huge and luxurious (a Honda Civic is about relatively midsized for over there, so it gets the nicer gadgets; plus, the cost is just higher!).
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,293
    i'll put in my 2 cents on this. toyota can afford to have a v6 rav4 because their rwd suv's are not selling well. honda has the v6 pilot and does not want to steal sales from that with a v6 cr-v.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
    Few more hours left, the offical site of honda.com will announce the new CR-V.
  • dragonfly47dragonfly47 Member Posts: 26
    It's up and running:

The All New CR-V
  • dragonfly47dragonfly47 Member Posts: 26
    It's up and running:

The All New CR-V
  • turbocrvturbocrv Member Posts: 19
    2007 Honda CR-V European Version have the availability (depending on grade) of a driver’s 8-way adjustable power seat, leather upholstery, 18 inch alloy wheels, front and rear parking sensors and a rear view camera are an indication of the CR-V’s more upmarket specification. Signal mirrors (left and right) too!

Active Front Lighting (AFS), a system whereby the driver’s view of the road ahead is enhanced by the low beam headlamps turning in the direction the vehicle is turning, is also available on the CR-V for the first time.

Honda Motor Europe News

Does the USA, Canada & Mexico (North American Version) have AFS, signal mirrors, the power seat and 18 inch alloy wheels optionals on EX and EX-L available?

If not offer optionals in USA then I'll be disappointed because Euro Version is so jealousy. What if USA version will have offer in the new year of 2008 model and also refresh (will re-redesign) on front grill? :(

That's not fair because new European Version CR-V is (made) built by East Liberty Auto Plant in East Liberty, Ohio. They'll delivery to European countries starting in January 1st, 2007.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    This is better.

• c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    I think that photoshopped front end emphasizes the "pontoon" look too much and is kind of thick. If you could body-color the original front end lower grill, it would probably look better -- it will provide a more gradual transition than just filling it in but also get rid of the lower grill's color mismatch.

As I come across more pictures, I notice that the front lower grill takes on different looks from different angles, and with different colors and trim levels. It appears to get chrome strips on the EX and EX-L models, but is all black on the LX. We'll probably only get a good feel for it in person. I am thinking darker colors would look better on LX, and middle to lighter colors better on EX and EX-L. There is an "amphi-car" look from some angles (RDX has it too) because of the scooped out lower air damn, but that I'll have to see in person to get a real feel for.

Overall, this is looking like a real nice vehicle, and is much more compelling to me than the RDX (which was more or less a disappointment). There are two key factors for me, TBD on a test drive -- how does it handle, and how is the power. I have liked past CR-Vs except for those two factors. They always felt underpowered and tippy. If Honda improved on that, I would be preally pleased and might finally consider a CR-V. I also don't consider the reactive AWD system to be as good as some of the pro-active systems from other makes, but it's certainly enough for slippery conditions.

It's unfortunate you can't get heated seats on the cloth EX model, but I can't remember Honda ever offering heated seats with anything but leather. Dual zone climate control would be nice (seems like it would be a logical feature on the EX-L). Heated seats and dual-zone are two features that really improve my marriage on the road, and would be tough to live without.
  • jimbobjoeginjimbobjoegin Member Posts: 18
    Man that looks even worse than the current design,

I personally like the new front end becuase it stands very wide and is very thick, if only they got rid of those 3 chrome lines it would help a lot
    For instance, this:

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I hear this every time a model is introduced...

" You would think they would have....."

"The front end is ugly"

" The front end looks good"

" Why didn't they offer a V-6"

" Who needs a V-6"

" They should heve included a ...."

" Oh, it's so much better now"

" Why did they mess it up?"

" What a beautiful color!"

" Oh YUCK!What a horrible color"

Last week. five of our guys want to the Ride and Drive for the new CRV and I have never seen such an excited bunch when they returned...EVER!

There will always be those who find fault but overall, it's going to be a big time winner!
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Does anyone have the '07 CRV color matrix?

Wondering if black cloth is offered this year again.

I'm surprised Honda kept the two-tone paint w/black.

The '07 CRV would look sweet in all white, no black accents - like the Odyssey.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I was wondering when you would chime in, isell...

I think a diesel as the 2nd engine option might be a better strategy as well, or perhaps a hybrid.

A V6 CR-V would cannibalize both the Pilot and the RDX.

A hybrid or diesel wouldn't hurt either of those. So even if volumes are low, they would be incremental sales.

Does the 2.2l diesel they sell in Europe meet '07 emissions standards in the USA?

-juice
  • lahirilahiri Member Posts: 394
    I hope you didn't buy this :shades:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hey, I consider it GOOD news for Honda that there's so much feedback about the CR-V. Positive or negative comments, it sure means there's a ton of interest in this vehicle. Negative comments can be taken as a sign that potential Honda customers are demanding, and expect them to produce a top-notch product.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The nose doesn't bother me; I'm more concerned with the continuing trend towards fat D pillars in the back with this class of SUV.

I'd rather have squared off windows on my wagons but I suppose you'll get used to the visibility when backing fast enough. That doesn't sound right - but if you back up fast enough, then the heck with seeing where you are going, lol.

A flatter roof line would be my preference too, but roof racks should be able to accomodate the slight slope of the roof. The slope might even make it easier to load canoes from the rear.

More room under the second row of seats would be nice for sliding paddles and skis/snowboards in the back; the photos I've seen don't show much clearance there, if any. That's easily solved by leaving one of the split seats down.

I had a narrow shelf in my minivan; it was pretty useless and I threw it away after a year or so. A full size one may be ok and it'll hide the stuff under it. But putting stuff on top without a net or bungies is just asking for flying projectiles in an emergency stop.

30 mpg highway on regular with the 2WD is sweet, but a stick option would be sweeter.

Do I have to mention that the lift up tailgate and no spare hanging off the back gets two thumbs up? :shades:

No TMV yet but I bet it stays pegged at MSRP for the opening blitz.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    ...is the back hatch glass opening separately... very convenient..

I expect it to be a big winner... Still offers a lot of utility for the dollars..

Truthfully, I never thought either Gen1 or Gen2 was especially attractive.. I doubt there is anything in this model that will hold down sales..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    ...is the back hatch glass opening separately... very convenient..

The current model has this feature. It is not new.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Yeah.. that is why I would miss it on the new one...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• samiam_68samiam_68 Member Posts: 775
    Man - that is ugly. Looks like a walrus after drinking a double espresso. :surprise:
  • nimrod99nimrod99 Member Posts: 343
    Why does the Euro CR-V get the good stuff (turn signal mirrors, to name one thing) and the USA does not?
  • syadastisyadasti Member Posts: 24
    I wonder if the reason they didn't announce a V6 model is engine production capacity? The V6 3.5L they have is used in a lot of various Honda products and also the GM Saturn Vue. The next Vue will not have a Honda engine/tranny/ecu afaik, so maybe Honda will have the capacity to add the V6 engine choice when the Honda equipped Vue contract/production ends.

V6 eating sales from other models isn't really a valid concern since Toyota has similar overlap...
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    "Overall, this is looking like a real nice vehicle, and is much more compelling to me than the RDX (which was more or less a disappointment)."

I'm curious as to why you feel that way. Is it simply a function of the price difference? I can't think of anything else since the RDX is clearly the superior vehicle in terms of performance, features, technology, luxury, prestige, and even the subjective issue of styling.
    "Why does the Euro CR-V get the good stuff (turn signal mirrors, to name one thing) and the USA does not?"

Because Europeans will pay for them.
    I know you didn't ask me, but... ;)

The RDX is a dedicated sport CUV. It excels are being sporty (as much as a CUV can). There's simply not much utility in it.

I think the CR-V is a more well-rounded player. It's more of a jack of all trades. And I suspect that's the same reason why C-Hunter may prefer it.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    ha ha isn't that the truth.

I remember when the new Civic was just coming out and the spy photos were making the rounds...holy cow you'd a thought that Honda had gone off the deep end.

The CR-V will sell well...very well. For me that's what matters the most.

My wife and I are a two CR-V family. I have a 2001 SE and she has a 2004 EX w/manual.

Looking at the 2007 I see where it has some real advantages over our cars, so I am very excited to actually have them in the dealership.
    I remember when the new Civic was just coming out and the spy photos were making the rounds...holy cow you'd a thought that Honda had gone off the deep end.

And the current Accord at it's debut (the back end specifically), the now previous generation CR-V (the front end looked "cartoonish") etc. It's the nature of the beast. People need to complain.
    Where's the antenna on this model (US)? That was another thing people complained about on the 2G---the antenna on the fender---even though just about every other SUV or truck had it there (at least when that model debuted).
    Honda has a total of 4 v6 engines; A 3.0l (good for the new CR-v) thats in the accord, 3.2l (perfect for the CR-v/element) used in the Tl, 3.5l (kinda big...) used in the current SUVS and van, and 3.7l (too big!) used in the 08 MDX.

So the accords or Tl's v6 will work well in the CR-v and will put it with the Rav-4 and Santa fe/ Sorento.

Btw, Honda may offer us a diesel. Since honda already said that there will be no hybrid SUVs, i highly doubt we'll see one.

-Cj :)
  • enkaenka Member Posts: 35
    I think the current CRV looked better especially front back is okay looks like an Acura suv. But i wouldnt buy this vehicle because it does not have much power and styling is just wrong the front dash looks like a copy of Hyundai tucson like the way it is. I would consider Rav 4 maybe but all new 2007 Hyundai Santa fe looks much better more power v6 awd and it has luxury look inside and out feels like a BMW x5 I test drove the Santa fe very good feels better then my bmw X3 thank you
    So the accords or Tl's v6 will work well in the CR-v and will put it with the Rav-4 and Santa fe/ Sorento

And would completely overpower their Pilot (247 hp)& RDX(240 hp) models.

Personally, I don't feel that what Toyota did was too smart; they are just robbing Peter (Highlander - approx 220 hp, no 3rd row, more expensive) to pay Paul (RAV4).
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    Where is this site all I get is some crave nonsense.
  • heinrich44heinrich44 Member Posts: 6
    Just looks like a cartoon to me.

• nimrod99nimrod99 Member Posts: 343
    That sounds reasonable - but a little like living in a communist country
    Honda offers LX, EX and SE grades
    People should have the choice - do I want a bare bones CR-V or an upscale version with leather, signal mirrors, heated mirrors, head lamp washers etc.

So Honda has decided for me - that I can't afford it?
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    A tab near the top of the page (slightly to the right) will take you to product information.

Yep, the Crave page is a form of subliminal advertising directed at those of a certain age (low number) and equal IQ. You must not qualify!
  • magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    "Anyone know if Fog/Driving lights will be offered? Some pictures show them. Hope it will be standard on the EX models if not already pre-wired to install. Hope Honda doesn't charge $4-500 like they did for the Ody"

Considering that the fog light kit lists for $319, looks like another $4-500 install depending on the dealership.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=116650

It sounds like Honda is (more?) actively courting the female vote here.

Bob
    Good comparison. What i had in mind was for a the 07 CR-v to have a 3.0 244hp option. The rest stays the same as the 07. The pilot has the 3 rows (competes with the Explorer, highlander, b9 tribeca, ect), the RDX has the luxury(and competes with the x3, Fx35, Lr2, Mkx, ect). The CR-v I have in mind is a completely different niche than the Rdx and Cr-v. The cr-v is an economy minded compact Suv that competes with the Escape/Mariner/Tribute, Rav4, Grand Vitara, Tucson, and Cx-7.

To sum it up, yes toyota did good by offering up a v6 but messed up because the v6 is too strong. The Rav-4 should have used the Camry's old V6. Honda has a great 4cyl but messed up by not having a v6 at all.

IMO, the Cr-v and Element need a v6 and diesel since both are almost too heavy for their current engines (An element weighs almost 3,600lbs) but both have neither. Honda should have one but doesn't. I'll talk about the pilot and MDX later and elsewhere.

-Cj :)
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Member Posts: 184
    IMO, the Cr-v and Element need a v6 and diesel since both are almost too heavy for their current engines

Diesel version would be interesting, but I've never had the feeling that my '05 CR-V EX auto is underpowered. I don't use it to tow, haul six chubby passengers or pull stumps. I've been told the R stands for "runabout" and for that it fits the bill perfectly. If I needed a vehicle for those other tasks there would have plenty to choose from.

The CR-V is nimble in traffic, doesn't feel like the Queen Mary in a mall parking lot, has no problem safely accelerating to merge on the highway and easily holds 70 for hours when asked to. As long as the '07 can do those things, it should find appreciative owners, homely snout and all.

A somewhat off-topic thought -- I've read that in the summer of 2007, the redesigned Mini-Cooper will offer the option of a twin turbo, four cylinder diesel. (plus a non-turbo and turbo version of the premium gas-powered four) I think it's a tremendous plus that motorists are beginning to see small displacement but powerful engines that offer improved fuel economy. I applaud Honda's determination to get power out of a high-revving four, rather than just opt for more displacement. I wish my crystal ball could show what's a few years down the road.
    A couple things bother me about the RDX:

Low on utility in many ways. It's more like a big hatchback than an SUV/wagon. Smallish cargo area.

Though there's good legroom for the driver, the wide center console makes the overall cockpit a bit cramped.

Significant turbo lag off the line, so the power isn't as great as expected from marketing claims. At the same time, the gas mileage is a mediocre 19/23. I keep wondering what the point of the powertrain choice is.

I still like the RDX overall, and will revisit it as street prices drop a bit and we get some real world gas mileage data. It just wasn't a slam dunk with me on the first impression.

For substantially less money, the CR-V looks to offer better gas mileage and much more utility. The downsides compared to the RDX will be much less power and probably worse handling. These two factors need to be evaluated in a CR-V test drive of course....
This discussion has been closed.