Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I have a 1999 Isuzu trooper v6 4x4 automatic tranny

KimmyfiteKimmyfite Morgan Hill caPosts: 3
edited November 2018 in Isuzu
I was driving it home it slipped then it would not shift into 2nd. 3rd or 4 the gear we changed the filter and oil no change so I buy on the from junk yard put it in it did the same thing so befor I called them I took it to a good machnice we changed the computer the winter and power button same so I returned it for another on put it in but not realizing the rear seal has 3 screw's in it we put a note on in it shifted but it got hot and blew the seal so we figured it out got the one with the 3: screw's in and it doing the same thing won't shite R works 1st works so I took it to aamco t put on the scanner or what ever it is they said no code came up need to rebuild so I took it to another shop no charge they kept it about a week couldn't figure it out so then I replaced the tranny computer and it still doing the same I need help if any one has any thing to say please help me

Answers

• KimmyfiteKimmyfite Morgan Hill caPosts: 3
    Please help me
  • Nate4x4Nate4x4 ON, CanadaPosts: 8
    It's still not shifting?
  • KimmyfiteKimmyfite Morgan Hill caPosts: 3
    No it still not shifting  I need my truck it been a year now
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,226
    edited January 25
    Starting to feel like a rebuild/replacement is going to be the answer. The folks who have actually looked at it are in a better position to know than someone reading here.

Another thing that needs to be considered with a 19-20 year old vehicle is whether the cost to repair is going to be worth spending. That's going to depend on a lot of things. General condition of the vehicle, how many other things are likely to need to be repaired or replaced going forward (with a vehicle this old, things start to happen)

If it's going to be a couple of hundred dollars and you think that gets you another year or two, maybe that's the way to go. If it's going to be $1,000+, you may be facing the hard choice.

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review