Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Need Help Understanding Extent of Front Bumper Damage: Trim Only or Full Bumper Change Required?

vrgo_crmnvrgo_crmn MiamiPosts: 3
edited January 14 in Mercedes-Benz
My front bumper was damaged on the exposed rebar of a parking spot wheel stop. I pulled out of the spot and heard the scarping sound right away.
(See photos of damage)
I'm returning the vehicle to the dealer in one week (lease contract maturity) and am trying to budget how much they'll charge me to repair the damage once I return the vehicle.

Does the entire bumper need to be replaced?

Many thanks!
-vrgo_crmn





Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 117,350
    I would just take my chances on a lease return. It's possible you'll just get dinged for chips/scratches, which would likely be minimal.

    Is the bumper cover loose, anywhere? Or, is it just the scrape?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,473
    edited January 14
    The dealer usually hires a service to come out and fix things like this and it costs them very little--presuming the damage isn't structural (ripped out anchors, big cracks). If they don't look too closely, they might even just let you slide.

    MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

    Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

  • vrgo_crmnvrgo_crmn MiamiPosts: 3
    k
    kyfdx said:

    I would just take my chances on a lease return. It's possible you'll just get dinged for chips/scratches, which would likely be minimal.

    Is the bumper cover loose, anywhere? Or, is it just the scrape?

    Thank you for the feedback!
    The bumper is totally solid, not loose or anything, just that small tear...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 117,350
    vrgo_crmn said:

    k

    kyfdx said:

    I would just take my chances on a lease return. It's possible you'll just get dinged for chips/scratches, which would likely be minimal.

    Is the bumper cover loose, anywhere? Or, is it just the scrape?

    Thank you for the feedback!
    The bumper is totally solid, not loose or anything, just that small tear...
    From my experience in lease end inspections, $50-$200 maximum.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • vrgo_crmnvrgo_crmn MiamiPosts: 3
    kyfdx said:

    vrgo_crmn said:

    k

    kyfdx said:

    I would just take my chances on a lease return. It's possible you'll just get dinged for chips/scratches, which would likely be minimal.

    Is the bumper cover loose, anywhere? Or, is it just the scrape?

    Thank you for the feedback!
    The bumper is totally solid, not loose or anything, just that small tear...
    From my experience in lease end inspections, $50-$200 maximum.
    I see... MB charges $595 disposition fee when returning a vehicle (if not switching into a new one with them.)
    I'll post what happened after returning it next week.

    Thanks again for the feedback :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 117,350
    vrgo_crmn said:

    kyfdx said:

    vrgo_crmn said:

    k

    kyfdx said:

    I would just take my chances on a lease return. It's possible you'll just get dinged for chips/scratches, which would likely be minimal.

    Is the bumper cover loose, anywhere? Or, is it just the scrape?

    Thank you for the feedback!
    The bumper is totally solid, not loose or anything, just that small tear...
    From my experience in lease end inspections, $50-$200 maximum.
    I see... MB charges $595 disposition fee when returning a vehicle (if not switching into a new one with them.)
    I'll post what happened after returning it next week.

    Thanks again for the feedback :)
    Yes.. but, the disposition fee has nothing to do with damage charges at lease end. It's just an extra fee.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.