Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

My 2019 Toyota Rav4 Deal - How Did I Do?

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited January 2019 in Toyota
Proud purchaser of a Rav4? Congratulations on your new ride. This is the place to share the deal you got and maybe a photo or two of your Rav4 to show it off towing, just sitting pretty, or maybe how you use the cargo area...

Looking forward to hearing how your purchase went!

Comments

• RAV4LarryRAV4Larry Member Posts: 4
    For 2019 Toyota RAV4 LE base model

MSRP 27173
    Discount savings -2021
    Vehicle price 25152
    Rebate saving -1250
    Vehicle price(net after rebate) 23902
    Document fee 85
    License/Title 393
    Tire/Battery/VTR fee 8.75
    Sales tax 2397.52
    Total 26786.27

60 month APR 5.99%
    72 month APR 6.49%
    Tax 9.50%
    Taxes and Fees 2884.27

Zip Code 92648

one southern California dealer gave me the above quote, I asked other dealers for 26,000 out the door,
    one dealer agreed.

I think the out the door price should be MSRP--1000 or MSRP ---2000 or even MSRP-3000.

I think I will stop at 26K and I will get car by financing through Toyota Financial Service and then i will refinancing through credit union, credit union car loan only 2.5%.

Does Toyota Financial Service have any hidden fees/document fees/etc?

anyone has any ideas?

please advise.

Thank you very much!
  • jarkjark Member Posts: 90
    RAV4Larry said:
    For 2019 Toyota RAV4 LE base model MSRP 27173 Discount savings -2021 Vehicle price 25152 Rebate saving -1250 Vehicle price(net after rebate) 23902 Document fee 85 License/Title 393 Tire/Battery/VTR fee 8.75 Sales tax 2397.52 Total 26786.27 60 month APR 5.99% 72 month APR 6.49% Tax 9.50% Taxes and Fees 2884.27 Zip Code 92648 one southern California dealer gave me the above quote, I asked other dealers for 26,000 out the door, one dealer agreed. I think the out the door price should be MSRP--1000 or MSRP ---2000 or even MSRP-3000. I think I will stop at 26K and I will get car by financing through Toyota Financial Service and then i will refinancing through credit union, credit union car loan only 2.5%. Does Toyota Financial Service have any hidden fees/document fees/etc? anyone has any ideas? please advise. Thank you very much!
    The only thing they tried to add for me was gap insurance. $895.  
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    jark said:

RAV4Larry said:

For 2019 Toyota RAV4 LE base model

MSRP 27173
    Discount savings -2021
    Vehicle price 25152
    Rebate saving -1250
    Vehicle price(net after rebate) 23902
    Document fee 85
    License/Title 393
    Tire/Battery/VTR fee 8.75
    Sales tax 2397.52
    Total 26786.27

60 month APR 5.99%
    72 month APR 6.49%
    Tax 9.50%
    Taxes and Fees 2884.27

Zip Code 92648

one southern California dealer gave me the above quote, I asked other dealers for 26,000 out the door,
    one dealer agreed.

I think the out the door price should be MSRP--1000 or MSRP ---2000 or even MSRP-3000.

I think I will stop at 26K and I will get car by financing through Toyota Financial Service and then i will refinancing through credit union, credit union car loan only 2.5%.

Does Toyota Financial Service have any hidden fees/document fees/etc?

anyone has any ideas?

please advise.

Thank you very much!

The only thing they tried to add for me was gap insurance. $895.  

Yikes! That's pricey.

Last time I was quoted GAP at a Toyota dealer (2017), they started at $495, and ended up at $225.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• RAV4LarryRAV4Larry Member Posts: 4
    Toyota Huntington Beach able to do 2019 Rav4 LE 25k out the door

2019 RAV4 LE base model FWD, 25K out the door. that is with 750 toyota financing rebate and 500 college grad rebate. 5.9% for 60 months. selling pricat at 24k, 24,000-1250=22750, 22750 X 1.1(tax and DMV fee and title fee, etc)=25025

Toyota Huntington Beach sell 500 cars a month.

I dont know why they can do it at least 1000 dollars cheaper than Longo Toyota.

Longto Toyota brag they sell 40,000 cars a year, yet their out the door price for the same trim and model is 1000 dollars higher.

that is really interesting.

I thought the bigger the volume, the cheaper the price?

But their salesperson is also very cunning, has to be careful. trying to tick me that the 750 toyota financing rebate is the college grad rebate, so I cant apply the college graduate rebate.

also trying to give me 60 months 6.9% for finacing through toyota financing.

if you have a pre approved loan from your local credit union for like 2.5% for 60 months, they will match your interest rate and you dont have to stick with their 5.9% interest rate.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited February 2019
    Maybe it's as simple as location and people EXPECT to pay more at Longo. Sounds silly, but people are funny in the things they will do. And from Longo's perspective, it appears to work for them
  • DubNationDubNation Member Posts: 1
    Based out of Northern California and have been shopping for a RAV4 XLE now for about a week. Reading a couple of these posts gives me hope that I can perhaps get one out the door for maybe 2-3k under the MSRP.

I would need to add the "Convenience Package" to get a power seat for the driver, which is $1295.

I've used Costco Auto to help me with MSRP and "Dealer Invoice" quotes...and I see that I can build my own RAV4 for roughly around $27,775 at invoice price. I've been told that some dealers are willing to dip under a few thousand from this price. Challenge is, there aren't many vehicles (or any at all) that have the exact specification I want. Many XLEs have packages that are well over 30k MSRP and to get them to drop pricing and let one out the door for 27 or 28 would be pressing.

Would very much appreciate some tips or advice if my research validates my offers to dealers.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    DubNation said:

Based out of Northern California and have been shopping for a RAV4 XLE now for about a week. Reading a couple of these posts gives me hope that I can perhaps get one out the door for maybe 2-3k under the MSRP.

I would need to add the "Convenience Package" to get a power seat for the driver, which is $1295.

I've used Costco Auto to help me with MSRP and "Dealer Invoice" quotes...and I see that I can build my own RAV4 for roughly around $27,775 at invoice price. I've been told that some dealers are willing to dip under a few thousand from this price. Challenge is, there aren't many vehicles (or any at all) that have the exact specification I want. Many XLEs have packages that are well over 30k MSRP and to get them to drop pricing and let one out the door for 27 or 28 would be pressing.

Would very much appreciate some tips or advice if my research validates my offers to dealers.

Use this link to help with the price research:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• decaynydecayny Member Posts: 6
    The Edmunds TMV site doesn't seem to be very helpful. They provide a price somewhere between invoice and MSRP but that means they arent factoring in holdbacks etc. True dealer cost is below invoice so we should be able to get an out the door price below or at invoice, right?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    decayny said:

The Edmunds TMV site doesn't seem to be very helpful. They provide a price somewhere between invoice and MSRP but that means they arent factoring in holdbacks etc. True dealer cost is below invoice so we should be able to get an out the door price below or at invoice, right?

I don't think anybody knows - execpt the dealer and the factory - what the "true cost" is.

It's the best we have, but it does represent an average, so your job is to beat it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    decayny said:

The TMV is based on actual transaction data. It isn't necessarily a target price, but a reflection of the market.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator