Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mild Panic due to Suspension Clunking

edited April 10 in Subaru
So, this only started today but, I was backing out of my boyfriend's apartment's parking lot, passed over a relatively small bump and heard a strange squeaking sound in the rear left of the car, like the suspension was protesting. Later in the day I went back to the apartment to pick up some things I forgot, passed over the same bump going forward and heard a loud clunk that went through the entire car and shook the steering slightly. The car still runs fine, steering is still completely responsive, I don't hear any clunking on any other bumps, even at speed. Visually I don't see any tires that are closer to the body in any way, or out of line. Only difference I can feel is that the car pulls slightly more to the right than normal. Can someone please explain to me if I should be seeing a mechanic about this?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,459
    You'd have to get on a lift to make any sense of this. It might be something as simple as a sway bar bushing--these are relatively easy to replace, and they would make a noise going over something like a speed bump.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here