Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 BMW 430i - Is this a good deal?

KKPKKP Member Posts: 9
edited April 2019 in BMW
Hello All - First time posting here so go easy on me :)

I just moved to Ohio from Washington, DC and haven't had a car in like 5 years so I am a bit out of practice, any help is appreciated!

I am looking to lease a 2019 BMW 430i xDrive (2D coupe, AWD, Nav, Exec package, M Sports package etc.)
- MSRP: $59,285
- Money Factor: .00177
- Residual: 56%
- 36 months
- 12K miles / year
- $1499 total out of pocket
- $499 a month
- Leasing from a dealer in Kentucky
- I reside in Ohio

I asked for the cap cost and they said I could figure it out, and they seem reluctant to put anything in email (I have been communicating over the phone). On the surface this seems like a decent deal...what say you?

Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• KKPKKP Member Posts: 9
    Thank you very much!
    Of course after driving for 2 hours and test driving the car, they said the manager / owner made a mistake and they cant honor the quote.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    KKP said:

Of course after driving for 2 hours and test driving the car, they said the manager / owner made a mistake and they cant honor the quote.

What, specifically, did they say?

Were you clear about your intention to lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

They told me that the rates they quoted were too low for that vehicle and that they would be taking a loss of 15K and that there was nothing they could do except lease me a 3 series that was complete opposite of what I drove (color, features everything)...it was actually quite insulting.

Yes - I was very clear. And what makes it worse is that we reviewed the numbers several times over the phone. They did not want to put anything in writing for fear that I would shop around and get that deal elsewhere, and I wanted to be sure that before I made the trip out there were no surprises and they assured me there wouldn't be.

They did nothing to try and make it right. Lesson learned on my part - I will NEVER go back there.
    I will - thank you!

I have a different car at a different dealer would love your thoughts on please...

2018 3 series 330i xDrive (has 10 miles, M Sports Pkg, Exec Pkg, Premium Pkg)
    - MSRP: $58,329
    - Negotiated Sales Price
    - Money Factor: .00217
    - Residual: 59%
    - 36 months
    - 12K miles / year
    - $1995 DAS for $598 a month (OR $998 DAS for $630 a month)
    - Leasing from a dealer in Ohio
    - I reside in Ohio
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    KKP said:

I will - thank you!

I have a different car at a different dealer would love your thoughts on please...

2018 3 series 330i xDrive (has 10 miles, M Sports Pkg, Exec Pkg, Premium Pkg)
    - Negotiated Sales Price
    - Money Factor: .00217
    - 36 months
    - 12K miles / year
    - $1995 DAS for $598 a month (OR $998 DAS for $630 a month)
    - Leasing from a dealer in Ohio
    - I reside in Ohio

MF is marked up the max allowed - base MF is .00177

Residual is 59%, and there is $3500 of lease credit.

Tell them you won't sign any deal unless you get the base rate; no need to tell them what it is, they already know.

What is the negotiated sales price?

And, keep the DAS to just the first payment and registration costs - let's call it $1000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you!
    So in the end, I leased...

2018 3 series 330i xDrive (has 100 miles, M Sports Pkg, Exec Pkg, Premium Pkg)
    - Negotiated Sales Price 48, 328
    - $3500 BMW Lease Rebtate
    - Money Factor: .00197
    - 36 months
    - 12K miles / year
    - $988 DAS for $522 a month
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    KKP said:

So in the end, I leased...

2018 3 series 330i xDrive (has 100 miles, M Sports Pkg, Exec Pkg, Premium Pkg)
    - Negotiated Sales Price 48, 328
    - $3500 BMW Lease Rebtate
    - Money Factor: .00197
    - 36 months
    - 12K miles / year
    - $988 DAS for $522 a month

Congrats! That is a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator