Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 BMW X3

MrHarris183MrHarris183 Member Posts: 30
edited May 2019 in General
Found this vehicle that I have my eyes set on. It's a '16 BMW X3 SAV xDrive35i, with 38k miles and a few convenience packages. The listed price is $33k. What really really caught my attention here was the 'Lifetime Warranty.' I was handed information on the details and from an outsider's point of view, it does seem pretty comprehensive. As long as I follow regularly scheduled mantainance as per the vehicle handbook, the Lifetime Warranty is valid.

What sort of leverage do I have to get this vehicle from a $33k down a few grand?
Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027
Located in Omaha Ne
My Zip is 68147
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,289

Found this vehicle that I have my eyes set on. It's a '16 BMW X3 SAV xDrive35i, with 38k miles and a few convenience packages. The listed price is $33k. What really really caught my attention here was the 'Lifetime Warranty.' I was handed information on the details and from an outsider's point of view, it does seem pretty comprehensive. As long as I follow regularly scheduled mantainance as per the vehicle handbook, the Lifetime Warranty is valid.

What sort of leverage do I have to get this vehicle from a $33k down a few grand?
    Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027
    Located in Omaha Ne
    My Zip is 68147

Re-post that here, and someone might be able to tell you what they paid for it.
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values

Who provides the Lifetime Warranty?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MrHarris183MrHarris183 Member Posts: 30
    kyfdx said:
    Found this vehicle that I have my eyes set on. It's a '16 BMW X3 SAV xDrive35i, with 38k miles and a few convenience packages. The listed price is $33k. What really really caught my attention here was the 'Lifetime Warranty.' I was handed information on the details and from an outsider's point of view, it does seem pretty comprehensive. As long as I follow regularly scheduled mantainance as per the vehicle handbook, the Lifetime Warranty is valid. What sort of leverage do I have to get this vehicle from a $33k down a few grand? Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027 Located in Omaha Ne My Zip is 68147
    Re-post that here, and someone might be able to tell you what they paid for it. https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values Who provides the Lifetime Warranty?
    Schrier Automotive.. Omaha
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

kyfdx said:

Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027
    Located in Omaha Ne
    My Zip is 68147

That's the dealer.

Do you know the name of the warranty company, specifically? A lot of them have less than stellar reputations, when it comes to paying claims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,289

kyfdx said:

Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027
    Located in Omaha Ne
    My Zip is 68147

Is that a used car dealer?

Either they do the work out of their own repair shop, or they sell you an expensive third party warranty. I wouldn't ascribe any real value to either of those.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator