Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

REVIEW CONTRACT

wineishealthywineishealthy Member Posts: 68
edited May 2019 in Mercedes-Benz
Can someone please review this contract. Shouldn't the second parts 6.a be $50,913.30?
$49756.69 plus cap fees $677.60 + $66.89 + $329 + $85 = $50,913.30 Not $52071.69

one is 49K and the other is 52K

Comments

• Options
    In another forum, someone said its the Acquisition fee!

Why isn’t the Acquisition fee showing in the contract, wouldn’t it be under section 5.a?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,313

In another forum, someone said its the Acquisition fee!

Why isn’t the Acquisition fee showing in the contract, wouldn’t it be under section 5.a?

The fees you list are from the left-hand column and are paid at signing. They won't be part of the Gross CAP.
    Only the amounts paid upfront are in that column.

There should be another page to this contract, that shows the amounts added to the Agreed Value to get to the Gross CAP.
    The difference is $2315.
    I'm certain that part of it will be the acquisition fee ($1095, if marked up from the base $795), but I don't know the rest. Did you purchase a maintenance contract? You are still $1220 short of the number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    he did tell me it was 1095, why would it be marked up and is it legal, can I ask to lower it? I asked for all of the pages and still, haven't received them.
  • Options
    I haven't purchased anything extra or sign the contract
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

he did tell me it was 1095, why would it be marked up and is it legal, can I ask to lower it? I asked for all of the pages and still, haven't received them.

The dealer is allowed to mark up the acquisition fee to $1095; rather than haggle over that, just get another $300 knocked off the selling price to compensate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4