Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Good or Bad Deal Mazda CX-5 GT premium package Soul Red

CassJ123CassJ123 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2019 in Mazda

So I'm new to this whole leasing thing..... Frist time walking in to a dealership and this is the price they quoted me.
MSRP: 34,768
Cap Cost: 32,768
Residual: $19,437
Money factor: .00051
Das: $2147.72 I told the man that I don't want to pay for anything upfront except taxes and fees and that's the number he gave me for all that doesn't sound right.
And the monthly payments come out to originally $408.94 I said no deal he said fine we can do $3000 due at signing for $353.36 I still said no deal then he said fine he can do $2147.72 for $353.36 a month.... I still feel like I'm not getting the best price or deal here..... I wanted a breakdown of what exactly am I paying for in taxes because I feel like 2k is a little high to just be paying for fees and registrations and taxes. Any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    CassJ123 said:

So I'm new to this whole leasing thing..... Frist time walking in to a dealership and this is the price they quoted me.
    MSRP: 34,768
    Cap Cost: 32,768
    Residual: $19,437
    Money factor: .00051
    Das: $2147.72 I told the man that I don't want to pay for anything upfront except taxes and fees and that's the number he gave me for all that doesn't sound right.
    And the monthly payments come out to originally $408.94 I said no deal he said fine we can do $3000 due at signing for $353.36 I still said no deal then he said fine he can do $2147.72 for $353.36 a month.... I still feel like I'm not getting the best price or deal here..... I wanted a breakdown of what exactly am I paying for in taxes because I feel like 2k is a little high to just be paying for fees and registrations and taxes. Any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

What is your ZIP code?
    MF is marked up the max allowed (base MF is .00001)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• CassJ123CassJ123 Member Posts: 4
  • CassJ123CassJ123 Member Posts: 4
    They are actually paying the frist payment I forgot to mention that
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    CassJ123 said:

They are actually paying the frist payment I forgot to mention that

I think that is a rebate from Mazda that covers that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator