Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 X3 M40i good deal?

sumobom4sumobom4 Member Posts: 9
edited September 2019 in BMW
I have a dealer offering the deal shown below on a 2019 model in stock. Is this a good deal? I know the MF looks high compared to the base 0.00128. Should I ask for more off MSRP? Tax rate in my residence county is 8.5%. The numbers don't seem to add up when I calculate, myself.

The same dealer also has a car he is showing as CPO and it's got just 109 miles on it. MSRP is about 2k more than the new one. Will I be able to lease that and if so, what % off of MSRP should I ask for? I am also worried the maintenance program won't transfer, but I heard about BMW dealers being able to reactivate the program for a $750 fee.

Appreciate any guidance I can get from you guys.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    sumobom4 said:

I have a dealer offering the deal shown below on a 2019 model in stock. Is this a good deal? I know the MF looks high compared to the base 0.00128. Should I ask for more off MSRP? Tax rate in my residence county is 8.5%. The numbers don't seem to add up when I calculate, myself.

The same dealer also has a car he is showing as CPO and it's got just 109 miles on it. MSRP is about 2k more than the new one. Will I be able to lease that and if so, what % off of MSRP should I ask for? I am also worried the maintenance program won't transfer, but I heard about BMW dealers being able to reactivate the program for a $750 fee.

Appreciate any guidance I can get from you guys.

36/15
    .00128 and 55%
    $1750 lease credit

Tell the dealer you'll only sign if you get the base MF.

$1000 negative equity? Is that an existing lease? Can you hold out until it's done, to avoid it?

That seems like a huge payment for a $62K MSRP.

Look here for pricing help:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sumobom4sumobom4 Member Posts: 9
    Good point about the negative equity on my current car. I plan on waiting until I’m at least even. But, when I was talking to the dealer, I got the impression that they would match the outstanding on my current car.

My main concern was with the calculation. Even with the negative equity and higher money factor, the monthly seems excessive. My gut feel was that the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me by quoting a lower MF and actually applying a much higher one.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    sumobom4 said:

Good point about the negative equity on my current car. I plan on waiting until I’m at least even. But, when I was talking to the dealer, I got the impression that they would match the outstanding on my current car.

My main concern was with the calculation. Even with the negative equity and higher money factor, the monthly seems excessive. My gut feel was that the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me by quoting a lower MF and actually applying a much higher one.

Money factor is marked up
    Discount is small
    Giant doc fee

I'd shop other dealers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator