Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease transfer from different state tax?

ajcajc Member Posts: 8
edited October 2019 in BMW
I'm from California and looking to assume a lease from Ohio. Would I pay CA sales tax on top of Ohio's tax once the lease transfer is completed?
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,058
    ajc said:

I'm from California and looking to assume a lease from Ohio. Would I pay CA sales tax on top of Ohio's tax once the lease transfer is completed?

Probably.

But, I'm sure you can go online with the CA Dept of Revenue and find out for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    ajc said:

The Ohio sales tax was paid upfront for the entire lease term. Whatever the payment is that you are assuming, you'll have to add the monthly CA sales tax to that amount. There will be no reduction to account for the Ohio sales tax already paid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator