Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dealer ship standard fees?

steph1015steph1015 Posts: 10
edited November 2019 in Subaru
I’m looking to lease and I’m wondering if the acquisition/dealer fees are standard or if it’s based on the selling price. Would it be something that I can request be provided via phone/email?

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 159,705
    steph1015 said:

I’m looking to lease and I’m wondering if the acquisition/dealer fees are standard or if it’s based on the selling price. Would it be something that I can request be provided via phone/email?

Thank you.

For Subaru, the acquisition fee is fixed by the bank; $595

Depending on where you live, dealer fees can be egregious, or restricted by the state to a certain amount.
    By all means, ask the dealer before you start negotiating what their dealer/doc fees might be. That way you can adjust your offering price to account for them.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdx said:

steph1015 said:

Thank you.

For Subaru, the acquisition fee is fixed by the bank; $595

Depending on where you live, dealer fees can be egregious, or restricted by the state to a certain amount.
    By all means, ask the dealer before you start negotiating what their dealer/doc fees might be. That way you can adjust your offering price to account for them.
    Thanks for all your help!
  • Also, I’m in New York and have been looking for the Gov fees (license,registration) that will be applied but can’t seem to find it. Can you provide that?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 159,705
    steph1015 said:

Also, I’m in New York and have been looking for the Gov fees (license,registration) that will be applied but can’t seem to find it. Can you provide that?

NY dealers are restricted to $75 doc fee max.
    I don't have the NYS registration/title fees, but they seem to be in the $200-$300 range, total.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator