Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dealer ship standard fees?

steph1015steph1015 Member Posts: 14
edited November 2019 in Subaru
I’m looking to lease and I’m wondering if the acquisition/dealer fees are standard or if it’s based on the selling price. Would it be something that I can request be provided via phone/email?

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    steph1015 said:

I’m looking to lease and I’m wondering if the acquisition/dealer fees are standard or if it’s based on the selling price. Would it be something that I can request be provided via phone/email?

Thank you.

For Subaru, the acquisition fee is fixed by the bank; $595

Depending on where you live, dealer fees can be egregious, or restricted by the state to a certain amount.
    By all means, ask the dealer before you start negotiating what their dealer/doc fees might be. That way you can adjust your offering price to account for them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

steph1015 said:

Thank you.

For Subaru, the acquisition fee is fixed by the bank; $595

Depending on where you live, dealer fees can be egregious, or restricted by the state to a certain amount.
    By all means, ask the dealer before you start negotiating what their dealer/doc fees might be. That way you can adjust your offering price to account for them.
    Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    Also, I’m in New York and have been looking for the Gov fees (license,registration) that will be applied but can’t seem to find it. Can you provide that?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    steph1015 said:

Also, I’m in New York and have been looking for the Gov fees (license,registration) that will be applied but can’t seem to find it. Can you provide that?

NY dealers are restricted to $75 doc fee max.
    I don't have the NYS registration/title fees, but they seem to be in the $200-$300 range, total.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator