Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you under 40 and think that you might not be able to afford a brand new vehicle when you purchase your next car? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 12/16 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Immediate purchase out of lease?

SudatoSudato Posts: 1
edited November 26 in Acura
It seems the incentives for leasing an MDX are very aggressive right now, but not as much for finance or cash purchase.

I would like to own a 2020 MDX for as little as possible, and avoid finance charges to the extent it makes sense.

Can I take advantage of dealer incentives by signing a lease with a hefty price discount, but then immediately pay off the lease and keep the car? Would I effectively own the car at the net cap cost? Or instead would my payoff amount include all finance charges? (based on .00215 factor, that’s like $6-7k over the 36mo lease)

Any help from somebody with appropriate knowledge is greatly appreciated!!

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 137,195
    Sudato said:

It seems the incentives for leasing an MDX are very aggressive right now, but not as much for finance or cash purchase.

I would like to own a 2020 MDX for as little as possible, and avoid finance charges to the extent it makes sense.

Can I take advantage of dealer incentives by signing a lease with a hefty price discount, but then immediately pay off the lease and keep the car? Would I effectively own the car at the net cap cost? Or instead would my payoff amount include all finance charges? (based on .00215 factor, that’s like $6-7k over the 36mo lease)

Any help from somebody with appropriate knowledge is greatly appreciated!!

Yes, you can buy it out... though immediately might be a stretch.

The lease will need time to process, and the bank will need to receive the title. Expect to make two or three payments, before you are able to buy the vehicle.

No, you won't owe future finance charges.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• KaHoKaHo ATLANTA gaPosts: 3
    I am in the same boat. Please let me know what you did. I would like to know what to do to get least cap cost for tech awd 2020