Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X5 sdrive40i

YowsersYowsers Member Posts: 5
edited January 2020 in BMW
Msrp is $69895 includes m sport and premium and dealer is saying lowest selling price is $64,299. Looking to buy upfront in cash- is this a good deal?
They have a rebate of $27500 but I think that’s only when you finance with them. Thank you!
Tagged:

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Yowsers said:

Msrp is $69895 includes m sport and premium and dealer is saying lowest selling price is $64,299. Looking to buy upfront in cash- is this a good deal?
    They have a rebate of $27500 but I think that’s only when you finance with them. Thank you!

There is $2000 dealer incentive, whether cash or finance.

If you finance, and have a competing make, there is a $750 rebate. (no rebate for cash)

You can research pricing, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

If it turns out that there is an actual $2750 rebate for finance, I'd certainly finance, then pay it off after a couple of months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• YowsersYowsers Member Posts: 5
    Yes there is a $2750 rebate.
    Is the selling price a good deal? Dealer says it’s bottom pricing- have you seen that to be true for this model x5 sdrive40i with m sport and premium?
    Yowsers said:

Yes there is a $2750 rebate.
    Is the selling price a good deal? Dealer says it’s bottom pricing- have you seen that to be true for this model x5 sdrive40i with m sport and premium?

8% off MSRP is reasonable. Of course, $2750 more would help a lot.

Our pricing reseach at that link would be more reliable than my guesses.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• YowsersYowsers Member Posts: 5
    To clarify you mean 8% off msrp to be out the door or for the selling price? The selling price does so happen to equal the 8% off.
    I was hoping to be out the door at $65k but doesn’t look like that’s possible with taxes
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    Yowsers said:

To clarify you mean 8% off msrp to be out the door or for the selling price? The selling price does so happen to equal the 8% off.
    I was hoping to be out the door at $65k but doesn’t look like that’s possible with taxes

8% off MSRP for the selling price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yowsers said:

Selling price. I didn't pick that number. I got it from your numbers. I think that's a reasonable discount

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator