discounts vs rebates

wdejesusnyrwdejesusnyr Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in BMW
what is a typical discount off MSRP on a 530i and are rebates inclusive of the discount or should rebates be treated as an additional reduction to the MSRP?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 187,579

what is a typical discount off MSRP on a 530i and are rebates inclusive of the discount or should rebates be treated as an additional reduction to the MSRP?

Edmunds price research is here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

When you are receiving offers or negotiating prices, you have to make it clear about whether those numbers include the incentives (or not).

Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wdejesusnyrwdejesusnyr Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply and information. Since BMW's rebates are not controlled by the dealership what I am trying to understand is what is the typical dealer percentage discount rate that I can use in negotiating off the MSRP?

What I'm being offered on a 530i MSRP with a MSRP of $60,570 is:
    4% dealer discount and $2,250 BMW rebate

Is this a good deal?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 182,928

Thanks for the reply and information. Since BMW's rebates are not controlled by the dealership what I am trying to understand is what is the typical dealer percentage discount rate that I can use in negotiating off the MSRP?

What I'm being offered on a 530i MSRP with a MSRP of $60,570 is:
    4% dealer discount and $2,250 BMW rebate

Is this a good deal?

We don't rate deals, but I think you can do better, especially if it's a 2019 model.

Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4