Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

discounts vs rebates

wdejesusnyrwdejesusnyr Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in BMW
what is a typical discount off MSRP on a 530i and are rebates inclusive of the discount or should rebates be treated as an additional reduction to the MSRP?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,098

what is a typical discount off MSRP on a 530i and are rebates inclusive of the discount or should rebates be treated as an additional reduction to the MSRP?

Edmunds price research is here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

When you are receiving offers or negotiating prices, you have to make it clear about whether those numbers include the incentives (or not).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wdejesusnyrwdejesusnyr Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply and information. Since BMW's rebates are not controlled by the dealership what I am trying to understand is what is the typical dealer percentage discount rate that I can use in negotiating off the MSRP?

What I'm being offered on a 530i MSRP with a MSRP of $60,570 is:
    4% dealer discount and $2,250 BMW rebate

Is this a good deal?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252

Thanks for the reply and information. Since BMW's rebates are not controlled by the dealership what I am trying to understand is what is the typical dealer percentage discount rate that I can use in negotiating off the MSRP?

What I'm being offered on a 530i MSRP with a MSRP of $60,570 is:
    4% dealer discount and $2,250 BMW rebate

Is this a good deal?

We don't rate deals, but I think you can do better, especially if it's a 2019 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4