Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Deal Evaluation

dbhartmanndbhartmann Member Posts: 7
edited April 2020 in Audi
I got the following lease deal presented (3 year/15K per year) to me and was wondering if its a good deal on a 2020 Audi Q5 Premium Plus with warm weather package.

MF: .00159
MSRP: $52,540
RV: Unknown
Selling Price: 44,540
Tax: 1.25% ($556.75)
Acq/Fees: $895
Down Payment: $0
Monthly Total: $610.11

Tagged:

Answers

• dbhartmanndbhartmann Member Posts: 7
    RV is 52%
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

RV is 52%

.00079 MF and 53% residual
    $1750 lease cash

Looks like they are stealing your tax credits by marking up the money factor.

Big discount, though.

What is the amount Due at Signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

609 due at signing which is the first monthly payment
    And yes, the MF is quite high. I was going through a broker in this case. I asked a few times about the high MF since I also got a .00079 MF online but the dealer said and I quote "make sure he knows I stripped the MF to like what I would for my mother".

Seems like he doesn't like his mother that much...
    Is the MF something I negotiate with the dealer directly?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

Is the MF something I negotiate with the dealer directly?

If you've found us, why work with a broker? That's just another cost that will be added to the deal.

I'd drop the broker and start working with the dealer directly on all aspects of the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

The broker is someone we know. She works for a leasing company, but then wasn't able to get us a good deal through D&M so she contacted the dealer and we negotiated the above deal.

At this point the deal appears to be pretty good besides the inflated MF. Where does the MF come from? I see online .0007. Is this the actual MF set by an entity or simply the most common one?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

The broker is someone we know. She works for a leasing company, but then wasn't able to get us a good deal through D&M so she contacted the dealer and we negotiated the above deal.

At this point the deal appears to be pretty good besides the inflated MF. Where does the MF come from? I see online .0007. Is this the actual MF set by an entity or simply the most common one?

Audi sets the money factor. Dealers can mark it up for increased profit.

That's a big discount, and with the tax credits, it's a pretty decent payment, relative to MSRP for Texas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the help!

Going to see if i can negotiate the MF down some.