Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Lease

photophoto Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Hyundai
Hello,
Is it possible to lease a 2020 SUV with 0 drive off? 36 months and 15K miles? I need help finding a good deal. Most quote are coming around $380 and up. I need to keep the monthly payment lower than $320/330

I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe 7 passenger that the lease is up soon but I'm willing to switch to any other make
Thank you!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,247
    photo said:

Hello,
    Is it possible to lease a 2020 SUV with 0 drive off? 36 months and 15K miles? I need help finding a good deal. Most quote are coming around $380 and up. I need to keep the monthly payment lower than $320/330

I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe 7 passenger that the lease is up soon but I'm willing to switch to any other make
    Thank you!

You can structure the lease any way you'd like - but, the less up front money you provide, the higher your payment will be.

What state is this? In most cases, we recommend you pay the first payment and any state mandated registration costs when you sign the paperwork, and roll the fees (and taxes, if they are due up front) into the lease payment.

If the payment is too high, you may need to look at a different trim level, or a different model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• photophoto Member Posts: 8
    thank you Michaell. I'm in NY.
    photo said:

One change to my advice above - in NY, we also recommend you pay the sales tax when you sign the papers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• photophoto Member Posts: 8
    Thank you, so what are the list of things I should pay without being rip-off?
    State taxes
    Plates and registration
    First payment

Anything else?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    photo said:

Thank you, so what are the list of things I should pay without being rip-off?
    State taxes
    Plates and registration
    First payment

Anything else?

That's it

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• PapaJMFPapaJMF Member Posts: 4
    photo said:

Hello,

Thank you!

I'm in DC and have a similar question. Looking to lease a 2020 Sante Fe SEL 2.0T FWD for 36 mos / 10K and hoping to keep monthly payment to below $350. I have done my research but have not had much luck with local dealers. Wondering what I should be negotiating on: base capitalized cost? Is it possible to negotiate money factor? This forum gave me money factor of 0.00131 and 61% residual value. Dealer giving giving me same residual but money factor of 0.00171. MSRP is $37,460 with gross cap cost at $36,110. Up front payment of $500. Monthly payment of $510. I've read about the 1% rule -- is this just a urban legend? Thanks!
    PapaJMF said:

photo said:

Hello,

Thank you!

I'm in DC and have a similar question. Looking to lease a 2020 Sante Fe SEL 2.0T FWD for 36 mos / 10K and hoping to keep monthly payment to below $350. I have done my research but have not had much luck with local dealers. Wondering what I should be negotiating on: base capitalized cost? Is it possible to negotiate money factor? This forum gave me money factor of 0.00131 and 61% residual value. Dealer giving giving me same residual but money factor of 0.00171. MSRP is $37,460 with gross cap cost at $36,110. Up front payment of $500. Monthly payment of $510. I've read about the 1% rule -- is this just a urban legend? Thanks!
    A few comments about your post:

1. The MF is marked up the max allowed by the bank; you want to insist on the base MF (they know what it is)
    2. 1% is more of a guideline than a rule - not every make and model has a lease program that will allow you to get to a payment of 1% of MSRP.
    3. Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is for their quote - and find out what was added to the gross cap cost to get to the adjusted cap number

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PapaJMFPapaJMF Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

PapaJMF said:

photo said:

Hello,

Thank you!

1. The MF is marked up the max allowed by the bank; you want to insist on the base MF (they know what it is)
    2. 1% is more of a guideline than a rule - not every make and model has a lease program that will allow you to get to a payment of 1% of MSRP.
    3. Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is for their quote - and find out what was added to the gross cap cost to get to the adjusted cap number
    I got a pretty good deal on the 2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T AWD. MSRP was $38,465 and after much back and forth between several dealerships, I got a 36 mos / 10K lease for $385 per month with zero down, roughly 1% of MSRP. Thanks for all your help!
    PapaJMF said:

Michaell said:

PapaJMF said:

photo said:

Hello,

Thank you!

I got a pretty good deal on the 2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T AWD. MSRP was $38,465 and after much back and forth between several dealerships, I got a 36 mos / 10K lease for $385 per month with zero down, roughly 1% of MSRP. Thanks for all your help!
    Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• NYCadventureNYCadventure Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

photo said:

One change to my advice above - in NY, we also recommend you pay the sales tax when you sign the papers.
    Why do you suggest also paying sales tax at signing vs rolling it in?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068

Michaell said:

photo said:

In NY, the sales tax is higher if you roll it in. Sort of a tax on tax thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• NYCadventureNYCadventure Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

photo said:

In NY, the sales tax is higher if you roll it in. Sort of a tax on tax thing.
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.