Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Posting instructions are in the Help link but you're posting in here fine, so you're almost there. Make sure you're at the Last page of posts.

Email a host if you continue to have trouble and we'll try to help out.
  • Options
    blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    I've forgotten how to find used car prices and the TCO. It used to be with your reviews which I also can no longer find. I would appreciate a link to pricing for used Volvo V70's. Thanks.
  • Options
    Go to Edmunds.com (link is at the top right of this page) and click the Used Cars tab and drill down to your year, make and model.

Here's the True Cost to Own link (and there's a link on the left when you drill down to your used Volvo), but it's only for more recent years (2003 and later years for the V70).
  • Options
    mmc1mmc1 Member Posts: 1
    After you sign in , how do you reply to a message
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You should see a "Reply" link just above this text and beneath the title of this post. Just click on it then enter your reply in the text box that appears. Don't forget to click on the "Post My Message" link just below when you're done just as you did when you wrote your previous message. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    scott7002scott7002 Member Posts: 2
    My truck recently started running like all cylinders weren't firing. This happened before and salvage yard said it was a vacuum hose that was cracked. Any idea what name might be of this hose?
  • Options
    Try the Chevrolet Blazer GMC Jimmy group for some discussions to post in - perhaps the Chevy Blazer Starting and stalling problems one will help.
  • Options
    y2krok00y2krok00 Member Posts: 2
    I have a BMW that needs maintenance services. Can someone please tell me when I should be doing the following services:

a. Break Fluid Flush;
    b. Coolant Flush;
    c. Transmission Fluid Flush;
    User's manual doesn't tell me when I should be doing the above services.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Check the topics in BMW 3-Series. Feel free to use the "Add a Discussion" link if necessary.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    blasureblasure Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone out there know the trick to popping the eye from an 06 VW Beetle in order to change the headlight bulb. The procedure appears to have changed for this model year. I can get the fixture unlocked and can pull in approx 1/4 inchs before it hangs up. What am I missing?? I have found plenty of info on earlier models but they have changed this for 06 and later. Any help??
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Head on over to Volkswagen Beetle Maintenance and Repair

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    scott_a_roscott_a_ro Member Posts: 4
    I have kind of an unusual problem. My 2003 Saturn L200 when taking off won't shift until It gets to about 4500-5000 rpms. I can make it shift if I let off the gas. It then is sluggish until it gets going.
    The real unusual part is that the emissions light came on and it started running fine. As soon as the emissions light went off it became sluggish again. So every time the emissions light comes on it runs normal.
    Has anyone experienced this before? If you have, what were you able to do to fix it?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Give this a shot... Saturn Maintenance & Repair

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    thunderbolt5thunderbolt5 Member Posts: 4
    The car started by stalling out a few times, then would not start when hot-it needed to set for a few hours. now it just will not start at all. I had the charging system checked, they said it was ok but I replaced the battery and put new battery terminal ends on. I replaced the fuel filter and put a new heat sensor. but the car still will not start. after two weeks, at the garage they think there is a short somewhere. :sick:
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Your best bet for a reply may be in "No start" problems.
  • Options
    easylivingeasyliving Member Posts: 4
    Hi All, my car hesitates after I go beyond 40 miles an hour and it doesn't pick up speed, does anyone have any suggestions on the problem.

Thanks
  • Options
    Try asking for help in the Mazda Millenia discussion. There's some "bogging" posts in there that may help too.
  • Options
    jalimeyjalimey Member Posts: 13
    Hi, My brother in the UK is trying to buy an American pickup that has been imported into the UK. He asked me to pull a carfax report for the vehicle he is considering. It flagged things like "Severe problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)" and a Junk Title issued. Original manufacturer warranty likely voided by manufacturer after vehicle was severely damaged. " These sound like big warning signs to me. Where can I get feedback and info about this?
    Jalimey
  • Options
    thunderbolt5thunderbolt5 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks just new on this site! :)
  • Options
    I can't find a topic dedicated to CarFAX reports but there have been several threads concerning "salvage titles" or "junk titles" in Pricing used vehicles involved in accidents/reconditioned and Real-World Trade-In Values. I would start with those and search the discussions for "junk title" or "salvage title."

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    herrimherrim Member Posts: 14
    I need to post a message but I don;t see any option to do so. Please help.
  • Options
    You just posted one! :)

If you are not seeing an option to post a message it is probably because you are not on the last page of a discussion. You will need to navigate to the last page of a discussion to find the text window like the one you found here.

Also, another way to post s message, when appropriate, is to click the "reply" link of an existing message.

Good luck!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    dbrownleedbrownlee Member Posts: 2
    While driving [mind you, very quick acceleration through a turn into speeding traffic], the electric windows stopped working and the interior dome lights would not turn on... The engine operated as usual.
    The car was driven like this for 15 miles, or so, then parked and turned off. The windows were closed using the key in the outside of the door. After about 25 minutes the car was turned on but would not start. The control lights light up but the ingnition does not engage. No click or buzz. Nothing. The battery is good. The radio goes on. The clock is on. Headlights work. Fuses are okay, though there are a quite a few empty spaces. Though the windows can be operated from the outside with the key, the sunroof will not close with the key or from the inside...
    Oh yeah. There has been a brake fault beeper goiing off since about a month ago, though the brake operation is okay- perhaps the abs system is not working quite right...

In older cars, I would have expected the "solenoid" was out, but even that would click with the surge of electricity through the ignition to the starter motor. What's going on? Is there a reset switch somewhere? Has anyone got a loaner? :confuse: :sick:
  • Options
    Check the topics in the Volkswagen Passat area such as this one: Volkswagen Passat Fuse and Electrical Problems

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    suzy3suzy3 Member Posts: 2
    Took my expedition in to sell to an auto broker. He unscrewed the oil cap and compression went down along with idle. He said, this is a sign of bad rings. Is this true? If so, how much to fix? Need to sell for $$ looking to find out how to get it fixed and sold. Thanks! :cry:
  • Options
    Try asking in the Ford Expedition Maintenance and Repair discussion.
  • Options
    rock1911rock1911 Member Posts: 1
    3.1 liter motor 98 grand am 66,000 miles well maintained.
    I get bad gas mileage 15 normally 25 city 30 hwy. Vehicle taken to several certified mechanics all say there is not error codes, fuel pressure is good, good tune up, plugs, oil change. The car runs great. Recently replaced two fuel injectors.

Can anyone help? email at rockmanishere@yahoo.com
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Try the Pontiac Grand Am Maintenance and Repair discussion. Also, you may find some other discussions interesting in the Grand Am group.

Good luck - welcome!
  • Options
    lorddrago1lorddrago1 Member Posts: 19
    What else could set this code? Any ideas?
  • Options
    hinesjhinesj Member Posts: 1
    I want to replace VHS player with a DVD . I need help.

Thanks
  • Options
    These may be of help:

Chevrolet Malibu: TSBs/Recalls/Problem Codes

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx: Problem Codes/TSBs

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    Take a look at DVD/Entertainment Systems. Also, check the topics in the Honda Odyssey group.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    What functions do the five icons at the bottom of each post serve? I looked at "Guides (new)," but I don't believe they have anything to do with these icons. How and when do I use them? Please advise. Thanks.
  • Options
    Please see the recent thread in Forums Software! Your Questions Answered....
  • Options
    jmoore1986jmoore1986 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler and I am just wondering if it is hard or if anyone has folded the front windshield down before? or is it even worth the hassle for just a weekend of camping and driving on the trails or going to a drive in movie. I would appreciate it if someone would let me know what's up. Thanks, Josh<">
  • Options
    You will find the folks in Jeep Wrangler to be most helpful!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    goose1207goose1207 Member Posts: 113
    I am currently shopping for a lease on several different makes and models. I have leased many times before so I am familiar with the process. I just need to know where I can find money factors and residuals by make and model. Many thanks!
  • Options
    Money factors and residuals will likely vary from place to place and will also vary with the term of your lease. Most of our make & model discussions have a "Lease Questions" topic so just pick out your make & model join in those discussions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    atlantaangel84atlantaangel84 Member Posts: 6
    I am not sure how to post this thread, so hopefully the moderators will put it in its rightful place. This past monday, i purchased a 2006 nissan sentra. I am 23 a student and I work. this is my first vehicle and i have some credit issues which are about 4k. I have been on my current job for about 4 months now. I got this car with gap insurance and a 2000mile/60 day warranty with a down payment of 1200 dollars. I have this car financed at 72 mos for a payment of 349 a month at about 25% apr. My bf says i got ripped off? is there anything i can do at this point? :(
  • Options
    I think I'd post in the Questions About Financing New Vehicles discussion and see what the members in there say.

You should also take a look at the Nissan Sentra: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.
  • Options
    zaninzanin Member Posts: 1
    my transmit ion worked perfectly but about a week ago it doesn't want to go R gear. i changed the oil in transmit ion but still doesn't work in R but D drive great. could somebody give me an advise, please. it is a nissan pathfinder 1995.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might want to check out our Transmission Traumas discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    scorched03scorched03 Member Posts: 4
    have a 98 maxima w/ 130000miles. kbb is around 4-5.5K. dealer is wanting 800-1000 to replace the ECU, which was damaged by flood damage.

see very little on replacing ECUs. does it cause any further damage if replaced?
  • Options
    Maybe someone over in the Nissan Maxima Maintenance and Repair discussion can help if you post your question in there.

There are few old ECU posts in the archives too:

tarik, "Defective ECUs or other controller problems on your car?" #1, 5 Sep 2001 6:16 pm
  • Options
    gregj2gregj2 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else filed the lemon law on a Commander for transmission problems? My Commander has been in the shop 7 times for a transmission clunk/jolt coasting down from 40 mph to stop at a light or stop sign. The clunk occurs at 20 mph and is as if you have been hit from behind. Chrysler told me it is normal, but this is not a slight bump, it is very noticable and in my eyes a very serious safety issue.

Greg
  • Options
    marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    has some relation to the auto industry (whether legitimately or not), is there an Edminds topic where these opinions are freely discussed, with or w/o political opinions???

If yes, please direct me to it...if no, I see no reason to start one...after all, I like to avoid controversy, as I am rather sweet and introverted, and sometimes even downright gentle... :blush::blush:
  • Options
    Try asking in the Jeep Commander Maintenance and Repair discussion for help.
  • Options
    The Are automobiles a major cause of global warming? discussion is the most active one at the moment Bob, even though everyone paused to catch their breath this week.

There is the odd Al Gore comment now and then. ;)

You're insured - come join us. :shades:
  • Options
    jmkrobotjmkrobot Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a new Chevy/GMC 2500 HD Diesel. I have never owned a diesel. My buddys have warned me about some new Ultra Low Sulfur Engines; that i shoud stay away from. So, I asked my local dealer when would these be hitting the lots. Becuase, I really would like to buy a NON-ULSD truck.

I asked him, if the NEW HD model's are being built with the NON-ULSD engines. He could not tell me.

So, my question are directed to the GM dealers/manufacturers here online:

1. What is the difference between the 2007 2500HD and 2500HD Classic?
    2. Is the 2007 HD, the new body style?
    3. Is the NEW body style HD avaialble with the NON-ULSD engine? If so, how long will they be available?
    4. When, will the ULSD's be hitting the lot's?
    5. I guess this is a given.. based on the answer to #3.. but, are the NON-ULSD engines only available on the Old body style 2007's?
    6. If I ordered a new 2500HD Diesel this month, what would be my chances of getting the old diesel engine?

Thanks,

Loyal Chevy PU Owner
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    We have a group dedicated to Diesel Pickups, and a Chevy Silverado group. You should find other enthusiasts there!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews