Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    bbrj3419bbrj3419 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help. My problem is the car is dead. Right now it is of no value to me except as a tax write off.

Has anyone used caralternative.com? For a fee they will tow and sell the car at auction, almost like donating to a charity.

Again, thank you.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    There are a couple of good suggestions along those lines in our topic called Finding a Salvage Yard. Someone had a similar question recently, so you might pop in there.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    nsciaraffonsciaraffo Member Posts: 1
    I looking for help to hook up wiring for hide away head lights 1967 camaro. Is there a web site, book or photos on what wire combination goes where to the 3 relays and limit switchs. Thank you Nick
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Maybe this would help?

http://www.gregsonline.com/eshop/Html/Products/wiring_manuals.htm

or this one?

http://www.lectriclimited.com/wiring_diagrams-camaro.htm

If you have more questions, don't post them here. Come see us in the Classics Forum:

Restoration Advice, Classics Forum

MrShiftright
    Host
    Carspace.com, Classics Forum
  • Options
    docsmith5docsmith5 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to nissan. But I love it so far. I want a lift kit. I found a 3in kit thats a bolt on, to the upper spring. It says it fits Tiatan and Frontier. Does it fit the 07 Pathfinder

Thanks Doc
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Check the topics in Nissan Pathfinder. If none are suitable then use the "Add a Discussion" link near the top of the page.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    jawamorojawamoro Member Posts: 1
    Hello everybody, please excuse my english, I just bought a chevy blazer ls 4wd 99500 miles, first time I reached 60 mph the front tires started to shake, I made the wheel alignment and balancing, now the tires shake a little when I reach 65-70 mph, the big problem I have is this: when windy I lose control of the car :cry: , car starts going from side to side, :mad: I check the other suvs on the road and they drive with no problem, only way to stop this is going back to 50-55 mph, what should I do?, thanks for your help
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check out this discussion:

Chevrolet Blazer GMC Jimmy Shakes and Vibration

There are some other Blazer discussions in the Blazer group that may help too.
  • Options
    john499john499 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2007 acura tl march 2007.I have problems with condensation in taillights.If it rains or if it is cold or if i get this car washed i have condensation.Replaced lenses twice but still the same problem.Anyone else out there have the same problem?
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You'll find other 07 TL owners at this link: 2007 Acura TL. Come by and ask there.
  • Options
    suvdreamingsuvdreaming Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to spend $5000 on a used SUV. I would like to get a student loan so that I can make payments after I graduate. Where can I get a student auto loan, what are the best rates, and is this the right way to finance given my situation? I'm a sophomore at a university.
  • Options
    Financing, first time buyers & interest rates and Used Vehicle Financing: What Rate Can I Get? are good places to start. You may also be interested in How/With who should I finance?.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    suvdreamingsuvdreaming Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much!!! Very helpful!!!
  • Options
    pinhigh1pinhigh1 Member Posts: 3
    Help! The timing belt just snapped on my 2001 Passat 1.8T while driving on interstate 70mph / 2500-3000 rpm. Has 109k miles. VW dealer est is $2K if no damage to head; $4500 worst case. Edmonds would est trade value at $5K in a private sale before this issue. Have no idea of $$ value for scrap. Can should this car be repaired? Any / all input welcomed!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Perfect discussion:
    To Fix Up or Trade Up, That Is The Question

Just click on my link and post your question there - seems like a good place to get feedback.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    avila65avila65 Member Posts: 3
    Blown head gasket. How do I figure out an amount to sell for parts? Besides a current Previa owner, who else might want to buy it? :sick:

Thanks!!
  • Options
    One of the Sienna owners may have a suggestion - try asking for help in the Toyota Sienna Owners: Meet the Members discussion.

You can Appraise it using the "damaged" condition option to get a ballpark for selling the entire van to a salvage yard. Check out the Help! Repairs cost more than the car is worth!! discussion for more ideas.
  • Options
    makeawish3makeawish3 Member Posts: 1
    My 05 Escape just recently came out of warranty, now has 42,000 miles on it. At about 35,000 it started making a noise and the dealership told me it was the tires. The noise has gotten progressively worse and now I am being told that all 3 wheel bearings in front must be replaced at a considerable cost to me. Has anyone else had problems with the wheel bearings and how did Ford handle it if you did?
  • Options
    You can get feedback from other Escape owners in Ford Escape.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    nrwymannrwyman Member Posts: 5
    I've had my Prius for only 370 miles and am disappointed in the mpg. I'm averaging about 37 mpg. I read that others are averaging over 50 mpg. I do short suburban trips. The battery never gets fully charged and the gas engine runs almost continuously. As I live in Florida, the AC is on constantly. Could this be a cause of the low mpg?
  • Options
  • Options
    cxflygirlcxflygirl Member Posts: 1
    hi,

i'm interested in purchasing the new altima coupe. does anyone who has purchased this car have any positive/negative feedback on it? AND how much did you pay for it?

thanks!
  • Options
    dannyiidannyii Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. Anyone has an idea what is the price for SE V6 in Central Florida. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    Try the Nissan Altima Owners: Meet the Members discussion for feedback. And check out the Nissan Altima: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion too.
  • Options
    Looks like you found the Accord Prices Paid discussion. Check out the True Market Value too.
  • Options
    interested1interested1 Member Posts: 1
    Recently diesels have been getting a lot of attention. But I find I'm lacking key info. I'd like to know the out of ground & into the air plus everything in between.What are the costs ( monetary & environmental) to extract,refine,ship,build engines,maintain them,& all the emissions expelled vs. gas engines??? Now & into the future.

Interested1
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You might post that question here:

Diesels in the News

MrShiftright
    Host, Carspace.com Forums
  • Options
    vauxhallvauxhall Member Posts: 4
    We have a problem with wind noise around the front door/ window seals of our 07 cobalt LT...Our dealer has looked at it twice but cant seem to fix the problem correctly.
    I was wondering if any body else has experienced a similar problem.
  • Options
    Try asking in one of the discussions in the Chevrolet Cobalt group.
  • Options
    gmilton11gmilton11 Member Posts: 11
    had the same issue with my daughters car - 1998 - fixed for 2500 but I will use the car for my other two 15 and 16 so expect to get 3-4 more years use as a "training wheels" other than that now runs great btw your dealer's prices are right on and you should be glad he's willing to take a look at fixing the head in lieu of a straight swap out with a pre-built one.
  • Options
    joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    I have read Confessions of a Car Salesmen several times at different spots over the years. Just curious what year it was written?
  • Options
    I believe it was written in 2003 but I'll have to dig a little deeper to find a citation.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    This link says it dates back to sometime in the fall of 2000, but it doesn't show up on the Internet Wayback Machine until late 2000 - one page shows a 1-24-01 date on it. (link)
  • Options
    climrclimr Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have any ideas on what some good options are for cars/trucks that are sleepable for 2 adults. I'm looking at pickups, mostly the Tacoma, but was curious if anyone has any experience sleeping in different types of vehicles? I would like to find something smaller than the Tacoma that is sleepable but don't know if this is possible.
  • Options
    01tahoe01tahoe Member Posts: 1
    get an el camino, the front is like a car, the back is like a truck. its the perfect car/truck
  • Options
    deblyn52deblyn52 Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone ever heard of API Insurance? And I will never ever by extended warranty ever again. Is the dealer liable for a guarantee price refund? Please help. Debilyn
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    You probably want to pose this question in Midsize Pickup Comparo

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    We have a few insurance discussions in our Smart Shopper Board, or you can enter "insurance" in the Search box in the left margin and it will bring up the current list of discussions that were categorized with "insurance".

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    And Extended Warranties would be a good starting point.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    downersgrovedownersgrove Member Posts: 1
    I have 1993 lincoln Conttinental. It had no problems until today. After I sterted the car, I can't shift outfrom "Park"
    to any gear. Could this be a problem with brake sensor or is it something major with transnisiion. Until this, the transmission was very smooth.
  • Options
    I'd post in the Transmission Traumas? discussion.
  • Options
    coolmom1coolmom1 Member Posts: 1
    bought a 2004 nissan quest on sunday 5/13/07. Noticed right away that dvd player spits out the dvd. it only works sometimes. Took it back 3x asking them to fix it. still not fixed. What are my rights?
  • Options
    Try posting in the Purchasing Used Vehicles discussion. Include a bit more info, like where you bought it (I'm guessing a dealer since you are able to take it back over and over) and what state you are in and what guarantee, if any, came with the Quest.
  • Options
    mxtramxtra Member Posts: 12
    I plan on applying for a car loan in the next week. I have three credit cards and I scheduled payments for all three on Monday. Two of them will have zero balances and the third will have $1800 balance. Should I wait until these payments go through before applying for an auto loan from capital one auto? Or will my fico scores/credit report not be updated fast enough for it to matter?
  • Options
    Great discussion for you is Credit Scores and Vehicle Financing. I will add that, no, you will not see a credit report update quick enough - they are generally done once a month.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    bootboot Member Posts: 1
    :( i have a freelander 2002 i bought at a dealer second hand,had it 10 months head gasket blows i had it repaired under the warranty,got it back now getting misfire starts ok runs quietly,engine management light comes on,dealer dont want to know they tell me i need a new engine can someone help thanks
  • Options
    Give Freelander Maintenance and Repair a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    dpelldpell Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a used 2001 Audi A6 Avant with 78,000 miles on it. It has 4 new tires, acc drive belt, brakes, and battery. The car looks new inside and out, but I have some concerns after reading other posts. The engine is smooth and everything seems to work except I'm concerned about a slight vibration when I drive above 60 mph. It seems to be coming from the front end. Any suggestions as to whether it is an alignment issue or do the tires need to balanced differently? Could it be a front end issue? Also, when does the timing belt need to be replaced and what is the average cost of doing this?
  • Options
    I take it you were reading the messages in Audi A6 which would be a good place to post your question. You could also try Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    dpelldpell Member Posts: 3
    I can't figure out how to post a letter in the Audi A6 forum.