Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Employee Pricing Offer

mtkaufmanmtkaufman Member Posts: 8
edited September 2020 in Toyota
Hello! I got a call from a Toyota dealer (to whom I had sent an inquiry) inviting me to come in for a "VIP Manager Special" where I'd have access to employee pricing by speaking directly with the manager (bypassing the sales team) (this is for a lease). The answer is probably "it depends" but is this generally a better route than negotiating with a sales person directly? Any thoughts are appreciated or if there is another post that addresses this, happy to look there. Thanks!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    mtkaufman said:

Hello! I got a call from a Toyota dealer (to whom I had sent an inquiry) inviting me to come in for a "VIP Manager Special" where I'd have access to employee pricing by speaking directly with the manager (bypassing the sales team) (this is for a lease). The answer is probably "it depends" but is this generally a better route than negotiating with a sales person directly? Any thoughts are appreciated or if there is another post that addresses this, happy to look there. Thanks!

So long as you do your research up front, it doesn't matter who you talk to.

Not to sound cynical, but how will you know you're talking with "the manager" if you go in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mtkaufmanmtkaufman Member Posts: 8
    Michaell said:

mtkaufman said:

Not to sound cynical, but how will you know you're talking with "the manager" if you go in?
    That's good to know - correct, I won't really know. It just seems like a ploy to get me in but I'd rather go through the sales team with the info I have because I can get numbers in advance (which I can't for the manager portion until I get there). Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    mtkaufman said:

Michaell said:

mtkaufman said:

That's good to know - correct, I won't really know. It just seems like a ploy to get me in but I'd rather go through the sales team with the info I have because I can get numbers in advance (which I can't for the manager portion until I get there). Thanks!
    Ploy is a good description.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator