Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jaguar S-Type Climate Control Problems

13»

Comments

• Options
    dtrojan07dtrojan07 Member Posts: 1
    Have you been able to find out what causes the display to flash? I have a S-type 2004 and the display just started to flash however the AC seems to be working normal.
    Any help would be appreciated..
  • Options
    jamestsjamests Member Posts: 1
    So I've encountered a problem which seems to be relatively common with S-Types... after heaving my heater valve replaced (heat was no longer working) the AC on my 2000 S-Type 3.0 now blows hot. Basically what happens is when I turn on the car, it blows cool(ish) for the first minute or so then goes straight to hot.

Of all the research I've done, it was suggested that this problem was due to the new valve damaging the climate control unit. So, I went out on a limb and had that replaced but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this? Summer in L.A. is coming and I'm desperate for my AC. Wish I'd never gotten the heat fixed! Haha.
  • Options
    tekperttekpert Member Posts: 1
    Av got this 2002 jag x type, the left side of the of the air con blows very minimal and doesn't chill too but right side works perfectly, any help?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sounds to me like a sticking actuator or diverter door. If you have accesss to a scanner, they can often pick up trouble codes for the HVAC system.
  • Options
    NanasLincoln2000NanasLincoln2000 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Lincoln Ls (which is fashioned after Javier engine I believe) with hydraulic pump for radiator fan. It failed so I replaced it with electric fan and now my heater on climate control doesnt produce heat. What went wrong?? Themostate also got redone at same time. Any ideas??