Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Comments

• eagle63eagle63 Member Posts: 599
    Do you guys know if it's possible to get the limited slip rear diff without getting the Off-Road package?
  • jloftisjloftis Member Posts: 1
    Hello ZEKE18,
    My bet is you bought that Dodge used and I also bet the tranny has been out of it. Here is the problem. Dodge Ram Drive Shafts are balanced on the vehicle. If you ever drop the drive shaft you have a 50/50 chance of putting it back wrong. If you do there will be a vibration at certain speeds (the speeds change with each truck). All you have to do is take the drive shaft loose from the rear end and turn the shaft 180 degrees(1/2 turn) and rebolt it. Make sure tranny out of gear or it won't turn. A LOT of dealers don't even know about this!!
  • l_keeganl_keegan Member Posts: 6
    Hello Eagle63:
    Yes you can get the limited slip differential without ordering the off road package. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with the limited slip differential and it does not have the off road package.
  • smitty8401smitty8401 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 RAM 2500 Quad Cab with the 5.9L gas engine and 4:10 gears. Does anyone have experience with any bolt on accessories that will increase my performance and/or help me get better gas milage? I would like to hear your testimonials about products that you have tried or are currently using. Thanks
  • jcablejcable Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 2500 Dodge with the 24 valve Cummins and I am having problems with the torque-converter unlocking and locking back up while I am driving. I have had the truck in the garage two times and the computer doesn't show any thing wrong. Has anyone had any similar problems?
  • lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    I had a 98 ram w/24v and used to do the same thing. The only thing I can recommend is having the bands adjusted in the transmission. I traded my truck in 6 months ago mostly because the transmission was getting ready to let go in the truck.The 24v is bad for transmissions.I had 265 16 tires in the truck and 3.55 gears in the rear end as a result I was turning around 1600 rpm @55mph this happens to be the start of the torque curve of the 24v and there is not enough fluid pressure in the transmission to provide cooling in the transmission. But the truck was fun to drive while I had it. That thing would pull a mountain if it had a way to hitch it up.
  • joeyv75joeyv75 Member Posts: 3
    I've recently read a consumer review website that said the closer a truck feels like a car the better it is. Needless to say the Ram placed last. I love my Off Road Ram because it is a truck's truck. The other posts are right about the gas mileage 11/13.5. Nowhere near 13/17. My father in-law has owned about 5 different 94+ Rams and says it should get better above 10K miles. The lack of tire selection is frustrating, but the wheels are killer. Drove it across the country (VA/WA) in 3 days and it was nothing short of pleasant. Across the western states with 75 mph speed limits had the cruise at 80 and was turning about ~2350 rpm. Looking for cat back exhaust and thinking about Gibson. Any advice? Only one problem. limit switch for parking brake release doesn't reset when the brake is released. I've had it adjusted twice and it's still messed up.
    Why the Ram is better than the other's.
    1) wider and taller than the toyota
    2) better looking than the (carlike)Ford.
    3) the interior is much better layed out than both the Ford and the Chevy.
    4) the Off Road Ram is the best lookin truck out there
    5) only half ton 4X4 left with solid front axle. (gone in 2002.....what a pity)
  • jeffnfljeffnfl Member Posts: 2
    I own the 01 Ram 4x4 Sport Off Road with a 5.9L engine. I installed cat back Flowmasters on the side NASCAR style,a Jet Technology computer module stage 2(an add on.. not the entire ECM) with a 180 degree thermostat and a K&N air filter. The Jet module will give you good performance gains by resetting engine timing,spark and fuel curves with minimal time and work. I can tell you it was well worth it, as it now kicks as*. Best bang for the buck to get an added ~35hp. Check out;

http://www.summitracing.com/

http://www.moparperformance.com/

for info and parts for your 5.9L
  • jeffnfljeffnfl Member Posts: 2
    I own a 01 Ram 4x4 Off Road with the 4.1 axle ratio. I have driven it STEADY at 118mph on the turnpike without a problem. Dont expect to get it there in 9 seconds, but its steady, strong, and would go even faster if I kept the OD off. Too bad the guy who told you it wont go over 70mph wasnt sitiing next to me.
    Just picked up my new '01 4x4 QC 1500 with 5.9 this weekend. So far I love it! it rides great, without being too "carlike." -hard to describe. Exterior is white with agate interior. tow package, HD service group, limited slip, travel conv. group, etc. Even though I have the 3.55 gears, I think the acceleration is impressive.
    I like the Fords and chevys too, but the Ram just had something "extra" that was appealing. I'd definitely recommend one to anybody looking for a fullsize truck.
  • jwhaelen1jwhaelen1 Member Posts: 27
    Regarding your tranny lockup problem,I have heard of people who have the Cummins/Auto tranny setup doing this: Due to low line pressure from driving in town,they keep the torque conv."unlocked"(you know,button on shifter) and only engage the lockup on the highway or any sustained speed above 45 mph. If you have any further ???'s on finding a fix for your setup you can post a question in the "trans talk" section at: http://www.dieseltrans.com Bill Kondolay will respond with an EXACT answer/cure for your specific problem there.He knows his stuff! I had Bill's people fix up a friend of mine.His tranny died/slipped all gears really bad.(almost identical to your prob.-only much worse)My friends truck now runs waaaaaay better than it did when it was stock! Good Luck!
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    The button on the shifter prevents the transmission from shifting to overdrive. It has nothing to do with preventing the lockup torque converter from doing its job. If the trans is kept out of overdrive the trans will see less wear by trying to shift under load when it shouldn't, or hunting to find the right gear.
    Yes,you're right,for the most part. By keeping the tranny out of o/d,(in 3rd gear only) there is no way possible that the tranny will be able to lock up(unless modified or altered w/ software,gizmos,etc.). This is the sugested way of driving a/t equipped vehicles around town,and why there is an optional switch(stock) of some sort,to keep the tranny from going into 4th(o/d) and then locking up after pre-set speed is obtained.usually lock up occurs around 42-48MPH,depending on weight,rpm's,or terrain,etc. This is the standard setup on almost all modern electronicly controlled automatics these days. Also, by preventing it from shifting into 4th(O/D) & locking up,you save ALOT of needless wear & tear on the converter. Allowing the converter to automaticly lock up while driving in town causes a MASSIVE heat build up in the conv. Especially at anything lower than highway speeds or low engine rpm,where line psi is lower.Hence the lower than normal cooling capabilities. Deffinately not good!! As you saw previuosly, my friend learned this the hard(expensive) way!Ouch!(LOL)Take Care JC, & have a good day, and have an even better one tomorrow!(No offense-no slight intended in any way)
    I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what the torque converter does. Could one of you guys explain it? thanks.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    While I'm CERTAIN that the knowledgable users in Town Hall will be able to tell you how a torque converter works, I thought you might like to check out this link as well...

http://www.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

thanks!
  • tetris2tetris2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a dodge Ram 1500 club/quad cab or a Dodge Dakota Sport (r/t) club cab preferably from 1998 - 2001 I'm willing to buy a damaged one as long as it is not too bad where is the best place I can check to find a really good deal for like between $7500.00 and $8500.00 for either of the Trucks
    Check out this website: http://www.dealsonwheels.com/repairable/ There might be a repairable Dodge truck in their site that could be had at a fair price.Good Luck!
  • shogun1313shogun1313 Member Posts: 17
    Hello All,

A local dealership advertised last week a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X2 SLT 'Laramie' with V8, speed control, power windows and locks, AM-FM Cassette for $17,998. I assumed this to be without AC and on a five speed manual transmission since the ad did not state otherwise and those two options usually cost money rather than discount a vehicle.

I used the dealership's website to submit an inquiry via an online form. Asked to be contacted by email or phone regarding what specifically was optioned in the inventoried vehicles for this price, and asked about the Laramie designation.

Well, the dealership is about 25 miles away and its been 3-4 days (honestly can't remember since it was a webpage form submission instead plain email) and no response. I also stated I was interested in buying within the next two weeks, but it appears they are not interested in me, my communicae, or something else (laziness?).

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the 'Laramie' designation and what it actually entitles in way of options. Also, for a 1500 QC 4X2 SLT Laramie, does $18K seems reasonable for the SE market (Atlanta) with current incentives?

I know some will say this should be posted under the Smart Shopper board, which I've done, but I thought I could get some feedback on the 'Laramie' designation thing from current owners of this pickup.
    I am not to sure what the "laramie" means anymore it used to be the upscale trim level on dodge trucks but now it is just the name I believe like silverado for the chevy or lariat for the ford. The slt package includes air conditioning but I am not to sure on the transmission, with all the incentives out there it could be a loaded truck the manufactures are loosing sales and they are trying to sell vehicles I bought a 01 ram 1500 last october it is an SLT 4x4 quad cab and I paid 24k for it.
  • davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    I do believe the "Laramie" and "SLT" designation go hand-in-hand. You can't get one without the other. If you use the Edmunds web site to price out a vehicle, and I recommend you do before you buy, the Laramit SLT package will be the "G" package. Good luck.
  • darryllcdarryllc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Ram 1500 with the 5.9 liter engine and auto trans . At 14,000 miles if I let the truck sit for over two days it would take about 4 or 5 seconds for it to engage in drive from park . The dealer replaced the converter and the front pump . Worked fine for 3,000 miles , now it does the same thing -- only worse . Now the dealer is saying that a dodge service bulletin indicates that it is ok for it to take up to 6 or 8 seconds for the trans to engage after it stands for a few days . That seems crazy .. and it didn't happen until 14,00 miles were on the truck . Dodge transmissions are junk !!!!!!!! What is the best truck to buy .... other than a Dodge ?
  • g2000g2000 Member Posts: 4
    What kind of mileage should I be getting with my
    2000 1500 Quad-cab with a 5.9 and a 3.55 gear?
    I'm getting 10 & 11 mpg now with a lot of pinging.
    Need to take yor truck to the dealer, I have a 2001 and my dad has a 2000 both with the 5.9 and 3.55 rear end we both get 12-14 city and 17-18 highway and no ping.
  • wgkwgk Member Posts: 4
    Thanx lariat 1, is yours a 4-wheel drive and have you ever heard of the pinging problem? I heard the dealer could reload the computer in it and all
    would be well. I'm using PLUS grade of gas and it helps the ping but it's just not right.
    Yes both trucks are 4x4. The only gripe I have about the truck is the rough idle and the window trim on the drivers side keeps tucking under the door. I have had my truck since last Oct and my dad bought his in Dec 1999. We have not had a problem yet with either one. I do have some advise for you about the transmission though. I always turn off the OD when I am below 50 mph that way I know that the fluid is moving good in the transmission, I learned the hard way to do this with my 98 thast had the Cummins 24v in it.
    I tow a 5000# boat with mine and never heard a ping, the only noise is the familiar whine of the 5.9 when I stomp the gas for a smoke show. Also all I burn in it is 87 octane gas with no additives.
    I do the same thing with the over drive deal. I too learned the hard way with a Chevy, in fact I limit the Dodge to 45 mph before I let it have the overdrive. I'm taking it to the dealer asap
    for the pinging. I just read it again about upgrading the computer on the truck.They said it only takes about 30 minutes. I have warranty time left on it, so I better get in gear.
  • tason67tason67 Member Posts: 36
    Hello truck owners. I am considering buying 2001 Ram Quad Cab, which would be my first truck. I wanted to know how well the rear drive versions run in the snow. i live in Michigan and while we don't get a lot of the foot or more snowfalls, we get plenty of the 4 and 5 inchers. I looked at a 4x4, but since I know I won't be going off road I wanted some feedback on whether it made a differnce in the snow. I have also heard that placing some sand bags or other heavy items in the bed will give you traction in foul weather. thanks for your input.
  • fowlerscottfowlerscott Member Posts: 1
    i just bought this used 99 dodge quad cab sport and was wondering about any problems that may exist with it. It has about 78,000 kms on it.
    If there are any re calls or whatever? Thanks
    tason67, buy the new Dodge. I get very little snow here, and mine is 4x4, but I have friends
    with 2x4's and they seem to get around just fine with bricks, sand bags, bodies, whatever is handy.
    Just remember you're not "unstickable" and you'll
    do fine. Seem's to be good advice to 4x4 owners too. I see more of them stuck than 2x4's!
  • tason67tason67 Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the advice. Between my DCX discount and a $3,000 rebate , I should get a pretty good deal on a Quad Cab.
    tason 67, Just a word of advice, if you buy the Ram, make sure there is no PING to that 360. Seems
    Dodge has had some problems with that, mine included. Check out "1999 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Ping". I've read several like that so I'm taking mine to get it reloaded this week.
  • bill5471bill5471 Member Posts: 8
    just dumped off my 99 quad with reprogramed computer for engine pinging . take my advice it will lower your power and make your milage even worse dont let the dealer doit, just put the high octane gas in it or you will be sorry , cant tell you how happy i am that i'm getting rid of that truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • turbo5513turbo5513 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 99 quad cab 4x4 short bed 360 with all terrian tires 285 75 R 16 so I put on a two inch spacer and new shocksbecause the front end always made a knocking sound when you turn left or right sounds like in the area of the floorboard. Now I read about some Clockspring recall on 2000 2001 models. Does anybody else have these problems. The truck has 31,000 miles and goes in next week to get the front end checked. I'm afraid they will blame my spacer & larger tires etc. The problem was there when I bought it with 26,000 miles I just let it go. But now since the factory warranty is comming close to expire I weant it fixed, I do have a extended warranty till 75,000

Any Help please!!! Turbo5513@aol.com
    Hey folks, Why not spend the x-tra $$$ and get one with a Cummins. Mine has over 45,000 miles on it and the motor isn't even broken in yet. I haven't had any major problems with it,and only 2 minor ones that took the dealer 10 minutes each to fix. A passenger mirror,& foglight switch. That's it. Not to rub it in, but the mileage is awsome too. I filled up my tank in up-state NY on I-81, and made it all the way down to North Carolina (I-40 & 95 junction) and still had 1/4 tank left!(avg 200 mi.per 1/4 tank) I figure the Diesel option has already paid for itself when it hit 35k on the clock. So what if they're a little noisier,big deal. Just roll up the windows and most of the noise goes away. Did I mention pulling power? 13.5K trailer tow cap. Well, have fun with what ever you choose to get. I nicknamed mine "The Supertruck". It's done everything I've asked of it and more. :) . Hope this helps someone to deciding on buying a new Ram 25/3500.
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    We just bought a 2001 Dodge 2500 SLT Quadcab, shortbed, 5.9L V-8, 4X4. It has just over 12K on it right now. Paid $24K for it. Its a lot different then the 1996 GMC K2500 6.5L TD that we traded in. I figured with gas and diesel being so close in price that the higher maintanence and repair costs of a diesel weren't really justified. We got 14 mpg city and 17 mpg hwy with our 6.5L TD, I don't figure we are going to lose much with this Dodge. Poor thing wasn't winterized when we got it, so it had one morning of cold starting, but did fine. Only thing we noticed is the transmission doesn't shift into overdrive when its cold.......my Grand Cherokee is the same way unless its plugged in for at least 3 hours. The Dodge wasn't a problem this morning now that its winterized.

We bought the truck on Tuesday and got about 5 miles from the dealer and the MIL light came on. We went back and they said the torque converter was burnt up (welcome to Dodge....lol). They replaced that and a bunch of other stuff in the tranny on Wednesday, we had the truck back on Thursday. Before we got the truck it was used by a camper rental place and hauled a truck camper around.....the dealer told us the reason for the problem is that the tourists don't know enough to turn the overdrive off while driving with a camper on. Sounds reasonable to me.....anyone else? Believe me, even with that its still better then the GMC........we spent $7000 in repairs on that thing in 2 years.
  • dahuberdahuber Member Posts: 53
    I've had my '01 Ram 1500 for a couple of months now with same 5.9 engine. I love this truck, but don't expect much for mileage. I get about 11 in town and 13 on the highway with a light foot on the gas. Maybe it will improve when the engine breaks in more....

Dave
    akangl, congrats on the new truck sounds like Genes cut you a great deal I bought my 01 oct 2000 and walk out at $25500 for the same truck, let me tell you about the cold and the Rams first the transmission shifting is normal, the truck is designed to not allow OD until the temperature is above 32F ( hard to do at -30F like today) when the truck is winterized they move the temp sensor so the transmission will shift, another thing that my truck does is if the temp drops to -25F and it is not plugged in the "check engine" light comes on cause it takes to long to warm up. But heck gas is down to $1.44 so let it run. LOL BTW if you see an intense blue quad cab short bed that has an "X" on the tailgate wave its me.

dahuber I dont know if you have done this or not but Bump up your tire pressure to 40-45 psig and your gas milage shoud increase a lot. I get 13 mixed city and highway and 18 on the open road.
    We bought our Dodge at Anchorage Chrysler Dodge. Gene's wouldn't touch our trade, a 1996 GMC K2500 6.5L TD with 85K on it. We got a great deal in Anchorage. Of course the only thing the truck had was a block heater so we added an oil pan heater, trans pan heater, and a battery heater. How would we go about getting that sensor moved so the truck behaves in the cold? I hesitate to let Gene's touch it after all the horror stories I have heard about their service department.
  • hemipowerhemipower Member Posts: 1
    My '96 Ram 1500 4x4 has the 5.9L, V8, auto with 3.72 ratio diffs. Odometer is showing 115k kilometers (72k miles). Only mods are a Gibson Catback exhaust and K&N filter. Updated program downloaded into computer last year. Combined highway/city, she consistently gets 20 miles to an imperial gallon (16.75 miles per US gallon) unloaded. Not nearly as much pulling my 6000# travel trailer but I do love that engine. Uses no oil, never overheats and has never let me down. Really don't understand why some people feel the need to bash them.
    One day when you have some spare time go over to Genes and talk to Sue in the service department, she is easy to find she is the one that has all the costomer satisfaction awards tell her that the truck will not shift when it gets cold outside even when the engine is warmed up they can fix it in about 15 min.
    Is Gene's service department as bad as everyone says? I am paranoid after dealing with Aurora Motors for our GMC, talk about a bunch of screw ups. I have to go to Fairbanks sometime this week, maybe I will take the Dodge instead of my Jeep and swing it by there. Of course I will have to pry the keys from my husband's fingers!! So much for him not liking Dodge. Thanks for the info, its nice to know another person in this cold state.
  • dahuberdahuber Member Posts: 53
    Thanks for the input on mileage. I check tires religiously and leave them at 40 psi. From your posts and others I've talked to, it sounds like I need to get more miles down to get the true picture ( only 1700 currently). This truck also has the 3.92 rear end-any comments from those with the same axle ratio?
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Darryllc,

Have you tried replacing the drainback valve? Been talking to various transmission repair people about Dodge truck transmissions. I'm considering buying a truck and the new Dodge RAM 1500 4-door is a contender.

Anyway, I've heard so much negative comments about them from non-Dodge people, yet few that I've talked to have actually experienced a problem. Those that do appear to have a 4x4 with the 360 V8.

From what several transmission guys have told me, the biggest problem with Dodge truck transmissions have been the drain back valve, either failing closed or partially closed. This valve prevents ATF from syphoning out of the torque converter after cooling down. The symptoms are as you indicate and increase as the outside temperatures drop. A couple of technicians actually said it would be better to completely remove the drain back valve for long term durability.

Also, everyone to a person said not to use the Dexron/Mercon, but the Mopar ATF instead. These transmissions apparently require a friction modifier that the Mopar ATF has and Dexron doesn't.

Heard a strange one just a couple of hours ago. A good friend of mine that operates a auto repair establishment said that the Mopar ATF is curing torque converter shudder in GM truck transmissions.

Good luck,
    Dusty

Dusty
  • saltysacksaltysack Member Posts: 12
    I have been keeping an eye on Dodge since about 1994 when I saw the new Ram back then. The 2002 was too much to resist. So, despite the warnings of some who have experienced problems with ignition module, trans, I went ahead and test drove. Compared it to the Tundra, Silverado, Sierra, F150 and F250. Ended up with the Dodge as best overall design, fits me (I am big), adequate power with the 4.7 litre engine (Chevy has the 5.3l which seems superior), and so far so good. No squeaks, noises, glitches yet and a pleasure to drive.
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    .....Good luck with you're new 2002 RAM. I'd be very interested in knowing your initial impressions about the way it drives, handles, assembly quality and what kind of problems you have.

Despite my disagreement with another poster regarding Dodge transmission reliability, it is true that overall the reported problem rate with RAMs in the last few years have been more than other makes. Regardless of the make and model, they all have their share of problems and deficiencies. None of them are perfect, including Toyota (of which we own). But that should be no excuse for Dodge.

But you also need to scrutinize where you're getting the information from. Some Chevy and Ford owners (especially Chevy!) desparately need reason to validate their belief in their own intellectual superiority by convincing themselves and others that everything else is something worse than what they own. This is especially true of those that are religiously tied to a brand name, otherwise known as "(fill in the blank) lovers."

The reality may be something different and this can cause overzealuosness to a point of abject dishonesty. The one Dodge transmission failure can easily be transposed as dozens when the story of just one is recounted many, many times over by Dodge haters.

Case in point. A neighbor of mine in the landscaping business had a 1995 Dodge RAM 360 4x4. He used it for snow plowing and hauling his trailer in the summer that carried all of his equipment, probably about 3500 pounds total. He never changed the transmission fluid or the filter. Yep, at 94K the transmission failed. He traded that vehicle for a 2000 GMC. The GMC has since had the torque converter replaced, then the transmission, and now the engine. The front pinion seal has been replaced twice and the power steering pump has failed. And for a vehicle that only has 33K on it, the rattles and creaks make it sound like an old Liberty ship. Yet, I heard him say that he'd never buy another Dodge "because of all their transmission troubles."

Good luck with your RAM!

Dusty
  • bc01clsbc01cls Member Posts: 44
    After driving my 92 Dakota for 10 years, I just picked up a new Ram. Love the look and that biased me a bit, but I have to say that the Dakota reliability was a big factor in my new purchase. We have hauled a Shadow Cruiser camper (cabover approx 1,250lbs) and a 2,200 lb Chaparral 18' + trailer of 400 lbs and the Dakota (5.2 V-8) didn't even flinch. Tested or looked at all the new trucks and the only other contender was the Toyota Tundra. The turn off for us was Toyota's rather stark interior, the limited availability of power seats, rear drum brakes, 4 spd auto and poor cabin ergonomics. On the Tundra you have to order the (mini) captain's chairs to get any kind of seat adjustments and the captain's chairs are tiny and uncomfortable. The RAM has comfort and features galore. It drives like a smaller truck and turns surprisingly tight for such a beast. Got the deluxe interior pkg (with steel fold down floor), all power, tow package, multi speed auto, Infinity hi end CD system, posi traction, fog lights etc. for $3,400 under sticker, or $200 below dealer invoice. For 25K I can't find anything that comes close. Now if it just holds up!!
  • teamviperteamviper Member Posts: 7
    Any one out there having problems with the NV5600 6 speed? I am about to have the 5th one put into my truck. 50,000 miles very very light towing. 4th gearbox went out at 50000, but due to history of vehicle, the dealer replaced the unit (after much whining). The first 2 went out in the first 100 miles! I am pissed and looking for other victims........
  • magillamagilla Member Posts: 75
    I just joined the RAM club, boys. I bought my '02 1500 Quad on Saturday. I think I got the deal of the year - $20,600 (before ttl)!!! Yes, it has a 5sp, but that's what I wanted all along. It is wonderful to drive. I tested every truck out there and started this process in February. This is THE truck to have. How could I go wrong? O%, 7yr warranty. Great price. I drove it on the highway yesterday and the computer was telling me I was averaging 22-25mpg. My overall on the tank is 14.3mpg. I know it's early in the love affair, but this is far and away much better than the Chevys and Fords I drove and the Tundra isn't even in the same class. Ergonomically, the Ford was the worst. Chevy was pricey and too plastic. Anyway, I'm coming over from Chevy and would never buy one again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Dodge's reliability (that's where the 7yr warranty comes in). Rock on, Ram Brothers!!!
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    I haven't heard of any problems with the 6 speed at all. I would be leary of the installation if you are on #5.
This discussion has been closed.