Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Comments

• indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    find another dealer who cares about you as a customer and knows their product. The Sport group is a factory package available in two configurations (with or without 20" wheels and tires) on SLT and SLT+ only (not available on ST). Get a brochure and study up on what options are available with which body configuration so you're not at the mercy of an ignorant salesman.
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    pushplay,

i was comparing the quad to the ford s-crew and 1/2 ton crew cab from gm when talking about back seat room. to me, since dodge only offers one four door style truck, the quad competes against both crews and regular extended cabs. obviously the quad beats competitors extended cabs in room. however, the rear seat in my s-crew is far more comfy on a long trip vs the quads, and that is prolly the main reason why i drive an s-crew...
  • pushplaypushplay Member Posts: 52
    I can understand where you are coming from. I think Dodge is meeting in the middle. My personal opinion is before buying a ext. cab by a quad unless you plan on hauling a lot of people on a regular basis. The biggest reason I bought the new Dodge is I believe that it is the best engineered and built truck on the market right now and I think it is because of the influence of Daimler. I had read an article in business week before the truck ever came out talking about the demands Daimler was putting on the everyone before the truck could be built. It didn't sound like they were going to put out anything unless it would meet their standards. I've bought seven new trucks in my 28 years and this one is simply the best so far.
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    ....and for that reason a comparison of the three trucks is an anfractuous discussion. One size does not fit all.

First, some of you are assuming that Dodge is trying to compete head-to-head against Ford and GM's crew cabs. They are not. So arguments about space are specious. I'm sure the engineers at Dodge have a couple of tape measures around and understand the space differences between their truck and the competition.

Dodge decided to put more room in the bed area and I for one understand their logic. I can get a fullsize ATV in the back of a new Dodge Quad and keep the tailgate down. The others you cannot. For some that will be more important than having that rear seat behind them when they're driving around with nobody back there, which for the vast majority of four-door trucks is probably about 95% of the time.

So Dodge, who couldn't match the total output of fullsize trucks anyway even if they had the same size and undisputed best truck on the planet, is trying to fill a void in the market. The utilization rate of manufacturing space is sometimes more important than gross sales, especially in a down-turn market.

Some people may select one vehicle over the others for only one reason. But others may not, taking a more balanced look at their total needs and evaluating a list of features, pluses, and minuses. For example, having the grave misfortune of spending a week this past hunting season in a 2001 Chevy crew, I could very well understand why some people would opt for the Dodge (even a '47 Dodge) just as an escape from rattling engines, driveline vibrations, slipping transmissions, and perhaps the most abysmal component and assembly quality in the entire world.

If the criticism of the new 2002 RAM 4-door is the few areas noted here, it is more of a testiment to the competitiveness of the new RAM then some people will care to admit.

There is no doubt that Dodge took a different route when they designed the 2002 four-door. As someone else said in this thread, the Ford crew has more room and comfortable seating in the rear. That has not, however, prevented Ford from being behind GM by approximately 130,000 units this year, the first time in many, many years.

Dusty
    some good points dusty, but i still have to wonder if dodge would have changed their gameplan if they'd known ahead of time that ford and gm would be offering crew cabs, in addition to their regular and extended cabs. ford and gm offer three choices, dodge just two. i guess only time will tell how this pans out. but i'm still dumbstruck that dodge didn't develop a full size crew cab for their '03 heavy duties like what the others offer. where i live i'm seeing tons of ford and gm heavy crews and quite a few s-crews too. not many quads driving the streets around here and the local dealership must have about 50 on hand. from my data gathering abilities, the new quad hasn't been a big hit for one reason or another, taking into account such limiting factors like the economy, etc...
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    I agree about Dodge's lack of a full size crew cab for the heavy duties. I was bummed about that. We currently own a 2001 Dodge 3/4 ton quad cab and were really hoping for a bigger truck when the '03 Dodge heavy duty came out. We looked at an 02 1/2 ton Dodge quad cab since the cab size is the same as the 03 heavy duty, its tight for us since we have 2 kids. I thought we were going to have to go Ford (yuck) but hubby said he will still buy a new Dodge next year, he wants that big powerful Cummins engine. Guess ya can't have everything.
  • nerssnerss Member Posts: 43
    Iam considering buying a '02 Ram quad cab. I have always owned Chevys, but the new Ram just looks to darn good to pass. I just haven't had the chance to drive one yet. Is it as good as this post says. I know that GM has been compared to Play-Skool toys. The Dodge does seem to be well put together. I am afraid that if I drive one it will just end up in my driveway before I am ready :) Any tips or information regarding the new Ram in terms of quality, drive and quality would be much appreciated by '02 owners. Thanks.
    I've talked to seven 2002 RAM owners so far and none of them have taken their trucks back to the dealer for any reason. A phenomenal feat for Dodge! That's mileage ranging from 2400 to 7200 miles.

An aquaintance of a good friend who works at a Dodge dealership says that out of more than 60 trucks they haven't had one come back yet.

Dusty
    In Western New York State 4-door crews are not that plentiful. By far the most popular version is the extended cab, followed by conventional cab models.

Obviously Dodge felt that their new platform has an advantage for them. I suspect that 4-door crews that are perceived to be bigger might actually have a disadvantage against the RAM.

I have been suspecting also that RAMs around here are selling okay. My local dealer has sold 51 2002 RAMs in 78 days. He tells me that in the past they averaged about 180-200 RAMs a year. At this same rate they'll pass previous sales.

Sales reports from 2002 introduction through the month of January indicate that RAM is ahead of last year sales (this time last year). This is without the heavier rebate advantages of their competition and with a shorter sale period.
    2002^^^^^^^^^2001
    F150 - - - - -55,370 ^^^^^^59041
    Chevy - - - - 51184^^^^^^^^47663
    RAM - - - - - 26019^^^^^^^^25178

Dusty
    isn't there a pretty hefty rebate on the 1500 right now...?
    If you are not ready to buy one don't drive one. I have bought five new GM's none have come close to the quality and engineering of the 02 Ram. I just talked to a good friend of mine who has a new GM with the 6.0 and he said at 1300 mi. it started leaking oil. If you read the post about the GM's it doesn't take long to figure out one would be a fool to by a new GM unless one likes poor quality. I love my 02 RAM!!! I think the word is starting to get out about the exceptional product the 02 RAM is. That my opinion I could be wrong.
  • bc01clsbc01cls Member Posts: 44
    To nerss who posted above, I'll throw in my $.02 as a new RAM owner. Love this truck! You really need to drive one to appreciate how nimble it is for a big vehicle. I just sold our 92 Dakota club cab, and this RAM will out turn it every time. In addition, I gave my regular full time car (2001 Acura CL Type S) to my wife so that we could "narrow the fleet" down to 2 vehicles. The RAM is now my daily driver and the ride is smooth and tight. I have about 2,500 miles on it and it has not been back to the dealer for anything. I expected at least one or two little things, but zero is a big (and happy) surprise.
  • plywoody47plywoody47 Member Posts: 11
    I have to give thanks to the guys for their input on the New Ram.
    The opinions that you read above are 100% correct. I work as a product evalaution engineer in the auto industry (non-Big 3), driving 100's of vehicles per year. Simply put, in the fullsize truck market, there is no competition for the New Ram. I've driven them all, from Avalanche, HD Crew Cab, Super Crew to Dakota, Tundra, etc.
    This wekend, I finally pulled the trigger and got a New Ram Quad cab. After driving 10 different trucks at the same dealer-all ofthem flawless, I had convinced myself this was the right decision.

If you can make an objective evalaution, putting aside brand bias, I can't imagine anyone taking Chevy or Ford vs the New Dodge. The Diamler people have undoubtedly had a big effect on quality. I understand that the Germans have issued some challenges to the US factories regarding quality and linked that to line worker bonuses. As an example, if you go to the Dodge dealer, one with 20-30 Rams on hand, you can find a sticker in the drivers door window of at least a few of them stating that the vehicle was used by the Product Quality group to evaluate production quality (the truck will actually have about 35miles on the odometer).
    I wasn't aware of one until I called the dealer. According to them the $2500 RAM rebate began just after the first of the year. However, Chevy and Ford had rebates in November and December.

The Ford dealer here in town has been advertising $3500 rebates on F150s for about 6 weeks. I don't know if that's a full division rebate or one of those regional deals. They still have some 2001s in stock.

Dusty
    The rebate on 02 RAM QUAD's is $1500, but after driving one rebate won't play to big of a roll in your decision.
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    A push out the door, I see in Milwaukee, they are offering rams at $3000 under invoice, or 3.9 for 60 months.
  • prmartin1prmartin1 Member Posts: 14
    I think Ford might be wanting to offer the bigger discounts to protect their market share and to move all the stock in preparation for the new models due next year?

I just payed 500 under invoice with 3.9 financing which I think is a good deal for the truck I'm getting. Buying at invoice price, I think we can't go wrong. The final factor is what are we prepared to pay as a 'fair' price for what we're receiving. My other issue during my purchasing experience was finding a deal who will also offer a fair price on the trade-in I had, going between 4 dealers the amount varied by up to 1500$.

My only trouble now is that I'm working in Florida and my truck is in Texas...Saturday won't come too soon.

Paul
    PS - Are we crazy to be addicted to our trucks??
    are you sure that's not off the MSRP? I've never ever heard of $3000 below invoice. Fleet buyers that buy thousands of trucks a year at best will get 2% below invoice and that comes from the manufacture not the dealer. There is no way they are actually giving that on the new 02 Ram not actual invoice.
    It was on the radio and in the sunday paper, I'll check again, I'm sure there was some small print involved somewhere, there always is.
  • magillamagilla Member Posts: 75
    He (bowhunt) may be right about that much under invoice. If Edmunds is fairly close to "invoice", then I bought my Quad Ram at 6.5% under invoice, got 0% financing (late December), and got the 7-yr warranty. And yes, I still love my truck. Then again, I've seen those ads too, but they're trying to unload the 2001 Quads, not the redesigned models that all of us love to drive. The bottom line is if you're comfortable with the best deal you can make with a 5-star dealership (don't use any other-you'll KNOW the difference) and love the truck (which you will unless you're a psycho), then who really cares what we paid?

BTW, I gave my drop-in bedliner back to the dealership and had them do a spray-in. SO MUCH BETTER. Have had both. Will never go back to drop-in.
    A fellow that works with me is also looking at trucks. He said that at three different dealers the "below invoice" discount actually included the manufacturers factory rebate.

MAGILLA....what is it about drop in bedliners that you don't like. What is it about spray-in that you like?

thanks in advance,
    Dusty
    the dealer invoice price is $24,000 at 6.5% below would be $1560 off the invoice. So it would take 12.5% in order to get $3000 off the dealer invoice. That would make it about $7000 off the MSRP. NO WAY on a new 02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab!!!
  • keyrowkeyrow Member Posts: 214
    I am about to purchase an '02 1500 SLT 4x4 QC. As this will be my first truck purchase I, too, am interested in why some prefer one type of bedliner to another. Although I am leaning towards the Rhino spray in at the moment I am not committed to it yet, especially if there are definite advantages to looking elsewhere (ie durability, moisture elimination, rust promotion/prevention, repairs if needed, etc).

Also, I would like to get opinions as to tonneau covers. I will be using the bed only on weekends during the spring & summer for hauling gardening and home improvement supplies. I want something for those occasions where I will need full access to the bed that is high quality, will reduce drag, and protect the bed/contents well but also it should be easy to remove on a regular basis without causing a degradation in its use (ie snap down types that become difficult to snap down). Any and all recommendations are appreciated and will be given serious consideration.

Thanks to all who post here. The information is very valuable to a truck Newbie like myself.
    Dustyk, it's pretty simple for me. I've had 3 drop-ins now and every danged one of them would warp, leak, and scratch the bed, and it was sometimes hard to get to tie downs. If you haul anything that has small, loose items, like branches (with leaves) to the dump or sheet rock and the dust that goes with it, the small particles tend to go up under the bedliner. To get it out (partially) you have to run water up under the liner. That's inherently bad too. Granted, a drop in is cheaper (by about $75) and better than no liner at all, but I'm done with them.

My spray-in is a Linex, I think. Just like Rhino, very durable. Nothing gets under it. I can easily get to my all my tie downs. It looks cleaner, doesn't scratch paint, looks factory, and is TOUGH. Always have to turn the face away when looking at a neighbor's truck with an over the lip drop-in liner. It's kind of warping and has pretty much removed most of the paint from the top of his bed. Not good.

I can't believe what I almost paid for a Ford, Toyota, and a Chevy. None of the others drove as nicely or offered the size and value of the RAM Quad. It's a clear winner. Make the best deal possible and don't look back. Hope this helps.
    On the radio, I paid closer attention, it was Ewald Dodge in Milwaukee, a pre auto show deal as follows: $1500 rebate or 0% long term financing as long as you didn't finance more then $18000 or up to $3000 below invoice on the 2002 Ram. I'm sure there's a catch somewhere, but thats what the little man in the radio said.
    I've heard that if you get the colored spray in that the sun will fade it. It was the first I had heard of that. I would like to know because I plan on getting it done soon and would like it to match.
    I agree Magilla their is no other truck manufacture that can touch the quality, engineering, and feel of these new Dodges. They are the Lexus's of trucks and that is coming from a former die hard GMer.
  • lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    Keyrow I got the "snapless" tonneau cover from the Dodge dealer and I have been happy with it. I take it off at least once a month to put stuff in the bed and the main reason I got it is to keep snow out of the bed so far I have taken it off and re installed it at temperatures around -20F and it works fine. On the bedliners if you plan on putting a lot of heavy items in the bed I would go with the drop in, otherwise the spray in is good. Pesonally I bought a bedliner kit that you put on like paint then I got an under rail drop in bedliner and to protect the rails I installed stainless steel covers, total cost was $350 which was $200 less than the spray in liner and I got the best of both worlds.
  • permenjlpermenjl Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a '02 Dodge Quad Cab. MSRP was $26630, dealership discounted $6500 and added a Magnum Shield package that was $395. Total buying price was $20525 plus TT&L. It was a great buy. If you shop around long enough, you can find them well below invoice price. Love the truck!
    Permenjl, you got a better deal than I did, but $75. But then again, I don't know what equipment was on your truck. The difference is minor. Regardless, I love my truck. There are great deals to be had.

Back to this bedliner issue, I only spent $250 through the dealership for my liner. The cheapest I ever bought a good drop-in was $180. Not that big of a deal. My spray-in is slightly over the rails and lines up perfectly with the black rubbery parts around the windows. Makes a nice line. The best part is that the company that put it in took off everything in the bed, sprayed it, and put everything back. Looks great.
  • helpwantedhelpwanted Member Posts: 14
    You guys have me wondering how you could get such a deal. Seems to me that you guys robbed the dealer of all the known car profits. Do you guys work for Dodge or one of its suppliers? I personally have never been able to tap into the dealers holdback money, and if it is possible I want to know how it is done. I just bought a new Ram and I feel like I got a great deal but hell I could not get any of that holdback money, read about it in the Fuel Economy THD. Is there another rebate available above and beyond the $1500? Please let us all know how you strip the dealer of all known profits? I'm sure there are quite a few people that would like to learn this one!
    I was about to call my dealer and ask him how somebody without any ties could get a better deal. I bought mine through the company I work for that gets what the dealer told me was the best deal besides people who work for Chrysler. I work for a very large company and believe me the dealer made sure I had their buyer id code and my own id code from chrysler before they made the deal and it is not the deal they got.
  • helpwantedhelpwanted Member Posts: 14
    Guy's I need to know if the tow group came with a 7-4 pin adapter that plugs into the bumper connector? Also did your trucks come with screws to mount the license plate on the rear bumper? Thanks for any help.
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    You going to trade your Ram in on one of the new body style?? My husband is chomping at the bit to trade his 2001 Ram 2500 for a 2003 Ram 2500 Cummins when they hit the lots. I think I am going to have to tie him down just to keep him away from the new ones for a while. I told him if he pays the Jeep off by the end of next winter he can order his new truck in the spring. That still makes a whole winter that he will have to drool over the new ones. Poor guy. He was a diehard Ford man, not anymore, its Dodge this and Dodge that. BTW, how do you like those lovely roads in Fairbanks??
  • durango508durango508 Member Posts: 37
    I don't have the tow package, but my license plate bolts were in the glovebox.
    I just worked this sales guy for months and I'm talking 10 months. He knew I wanted to buy. I knew he needed to sell. Timing was perfect, I guess. I always wait and never buy with any emotion even though I LOVED my truck the first time I drove it. BTW, don't forget about the Farm Bureau $500. Go ahead, if you know this is what you want, and sign up for $30 or whatever it is now. I missed out on that rebate and could've bought for effectively $20,100. That's okay, I'm using their money and getting 3.6% on a money market for the term. He, he, he. Still love my truck.
    Pushplay, I wanted a colored liner to match my silver truck, but the liner guys talked me out of it saying that it will probably fade. Hope this helps. Love the spray-in.
  • xyz71xyz71 Member Posts: 179
    I got the spray in liner - but have seen a drop in advertised for $89. Almost bought it - I haul some rocks and chunks of concrete once in a while and thought for less than $100 bucks it would give me some addded protection. Then I thought where does it stop - I would then need a bed mat to stop things from sliding around - Does anyone recall the days when - if the inside of your bed was dented and scratched up - no one cared? I guess that was before we even knew what a bed liner was - so we did not know we needed one!
  • toyotas1toyotas1 Member Posts: 134
    Please let me know when Dodge will offer a TRUE Crew cab and a seperate Super cab. When they get that Hemi engine in there, the Viper engine in the SRT-10, and the configurations straight, then they can compete. I'll take a Tundra while I wait!!
    toyotas1,

you sure have alot of demands for a guy who would likely only buy ONE style truck...?
    Thanks to everyone for their advise. For now I will stay with the Rhino spray on bedliner and will probably go for the Mopar folding tonneau cover.

Yes, XYZ71 I have fond memories of my father's trucks having all kinds of dents and scratches in the beds from hauling gravel to replenish the driveway and coal for the antiquated furnace (he put in an oil burner in 1972 when he finally got tired of all the shoveling!) I thought the dents/scratches were cool as they proved it was a work truck and not just somebody pretending to be something.

OT - stupid salesman. I went to another dealer, about 8 miles away, to see if I could get a better deal. I printed out the Edmunds "Price Your Own" sheet just to show "Them" I wasn't to be taken advantage of. My reasons for doing so were instantly confirmed because as I handed the printout to the salesman and the first thing he said was, "Oh, God. Not another one of you internet guys!" THANKS EDMUNDS! He immediately began playing dumb. I say "playing" because as he looked down the list (I wanted a Patriot Blue SLT with everything but leather) he said, "We don't have any blue ones but we do have a couple of red, a black and a silver one. I think the red ones have the 20" wheels though, so they will look a little different than the truck you want." I then pointed at the printout where it listed the Image Group and his response was, "Yea, I see that and it's real nice if you don't like all the chrome." Obviously he was confusing the Sport Appearance Group with the Image group. At this point I was beginning to think that maybe he wasn't playing the stupid salesman role but really was one. Anyway he offered to take me on a test drive during which I went on one of the local (Northern Kentucky) twisty roads and some I275 cruising. I must say that the truck has a very nice ride with minimal wind/tire noise and handled the curves well however I did notice every expansion joint on the freeway; still not enough to pass on the truck. After returning to the dealership to do some serious haggling I began by offering invoice stating that my reason for doing so was the holdback and the number of Mopar Accessories (ie Tubular Side Steps, Tonneau cover, etc.) I was going to order as well. His response, after consulting with the sales manager, was "You know these are new trucks and are selling like hotcakes right now. The best I can do is take $1500 off (the Incentive). But we will install all your accessories at no charge when it comes in." I told him I knew about the $1500 incentive so he wasn't really giving me anything. I then asked him if he had ever heard of Edmunds, I was about to tell him to look at the TMV price, and he claimed not to know anything about it. Fortunately for me the salesman in the next cubicle could be heard saying "Yea, Edmunds is a good site, we all read it." Which left me wondering which salesman was the really stupid one: the one who claimed not to know about the most popular auto site on the web or the one who just called his "brother" a liar? Anyway, I told the salesman that I had not come there to be jerked around and that I would stand by my original offer because he had done NO WORK whatsoever to make this sale as I came in knowing exactly what I wanted and I pointed out that since he was only acting as my purchasing agent there was enough profit already built into the deal. He just stared at me for a few seconds then said, "I'm sorry but I can sell that truck for alot more than you are offering." I asked him how he was going to sell a truck he did not have but instead would have to be ordered special for me? His response was that IF he had that specific truck he could sell it for more. I reemphasized that he did not actually have such a truck, that he would have to special order it for me so in fact he COULD NOT get more for a non-existant truck, and that he would lose the sale if he remained unflexible. Long story shortened: he would not budge and I walked out. As I got into my car to leave he came running out saying that the sales manager had graciously offered to lower the price another $500. I just drove away. This is 5 star treatment?
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    Hey, don't take it personal....just a rookie salesman who can't recognize how far to push. He only gets commissioned on the dollars over invoice so he didn't have anything to lose on a personal basis, although the dealership may have. If this is the dealership you want to do business with, just find another salesman or insist on doing business with the manager. You offered a deal EVERY Dodge dealer will take.
  • tracypitttracypitt Member Posts: 2
    Just my two cents. We own an '01 1500 Quad cab. Researched several spray on liners, as we knew we didn't want a drop in. Have seen the damage they do! Finally settled on Line-X sprayed liner and would never do anything different. Rhino is softer and more susceptible to nicks and chunks getting taken out of it in my opinion, but better for load shifting. Which wasn't our concern. We haul mulch, gravel, furniture, etc. and was more concerned with durability. Have used a pitchfork several times to unload and you can't even tell! Any truck we own will have Line-X. www.line-x.com
    I've also heard that the Rhino is a bit softer. Obviously, without numbers to back that up, who knows. Mine is a LineX too and it's tough as nails. Very happy with it. We'll see how it holds up in the Arizona summer. Good luck.
  • permenjlpermenjl Member Posts: 5
    There was no special method for getting a great price. I checked ads and searched for a dealer that needed to sell vehicles. The one I bought from said they needed to sell 50 units before the end of the month or they lost some incentives from Chrysler. I wasn't interested in why they could sell it that cheap, I just wanted the best price. They were advertising $6500 savings and the ad was real. I did the whole deal over the internet with the exception of a test drive and signing the papers.
    Being a newbie I appreciate all the valuable information that is freely provided here. I had not heard of the Line X sprayon bedliner, but I sure will give it a serious look over. Thanks again.
  • sailboatsailboat Member Posts: 21
    Have a guy offering $202 over invoice and I keep the rebate. I used to think that was reasonable, but he sends me an invoice and it has PHOENIX METRO PPA $160, PHOENIX DAA $255, OWNER LOYALTY MAIL $20, and 7 ADDITIONAL GALLONS OF GAS $11. I understand there are some advertising costs, but these "equipment codes" are almost $450. Does this sound like the deals you all are seeing out there? Looking for a Quad, 2WD 4.7L auto with some basic equipment.
  • lamarjlamarj Member Posts: 21
    If you want the best deal in the country on a Quad Cab, here it is. According to your post you want a truck with some basic equipment. How bout this deal: 2002 Quad with the 24G package (Chrome Wheels 17", Cloth, Power Windows, Locks, mirrors, Cruise, Tilt etc.) A/C, Automatic tranny, Hood Guard, Pinstripes, Bed Liner. All for $20455.00 + Tax, Title, & License. I added keyless entry, Fog Lights, and a CD Player. My final price is $21,200. I did not keep the rebate. The dealer made a profit. I am very happy with my new truck. All is right with the world. That is still $2000 below invoice (without all of the extras). I saw those charges on 5 different invoices from Texas and Alabama. The charges used to be rolled up but now are shown. No need to worry though. Let me know if you want info on this deal. I am picking mine up this weekend. JLamar@knology.net MSRP $27,000 Edmunds TMV $24,300 My price $21,200 By the way, your deal is not a bad one. A local dealership cut to the chase when I presented an invoice from the dealership I settled on. He told me to take the rebate and $300 off of invoice on anything on the lot. None had the equipment level for the price. We were $1500 away from the deal I settled on. The difference to me is the equipment level. It might be worth a trip?
  • demetriuskdemetriusk Member Posts: 12
    What is the name of the dealer that you purchased the vehicle-Post #196-I am looking to buy exactly the same except 4WD.Dont mind going anywhere in US to buy.Rebate I think is $1500 so you actually bought the vehicle $500 below invoice which is the best I have seen.
    All prices directly from the invoice
    2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x2 140" WB $20171.
    Auto Transmission 45RFE $858.
    4.7 V8 No Charge
    Cloth Seats No Charge
    Am/Fm radio Cassette $110.
    24G Package $2103.
    Customer Preferred Discount -$484.
    Dallas Zone-PPA/EB-PF $210.
    Destination $715.
    Other Misc BS $31.00

That totals $23714.
    Take away the rebate and invoices at $22214.
    The drive away price was $20455
    That is $1759 below invoice without the rebate!
    That is $3259 below invoice with the rebate!
    That price included the bed liner, bug deflector, and pin stripes.

I added a CD Player, Fog Lamps, Keyless Entry, to bring the total to $21,200.

I added $700. to the deal that they cut me a check for so I can pay my taxes in Alabama.

Keep in mind also, that the $20,455 included a hood mounted wind deflector, a bed liner, and pin striping.

The MSRP was $26,005 before the added options. I built one on line with the options for $26,895.

MSRP $26,895
    Paid $21,200
    Total -$5695

Randall Noe Dealerships
    Hwy 80 West @ 205
    Terrell, TX.
    972-524-3775

Ask for Kelli Ann in internet sales. Tell her Lamar sent you.

I have driven this truck for 5 days. It is, by far, the best purchase I have ever made for a vehicle. I sent my 99 Suburban back to it's rightful owner (GMAC) yesterday. I really enjoyed that truck but I now realize how bad it really sucked. Although it never let me down, and it hauled alot of cargo, it was a poorly built, poorly designed, chunk of steel. This new Dodge, which I had not even considered until two weeks ago, is as solid a vehicle as I have ever driven.

I can comfortably seat my 12, 9, and 6 year old girls in the back while they watch DVD's on the laptop mounted on the huge center console.

My Wife just got a "boob" job two weeks ago. I got a new Quad last week. I can't wait to see what's in store for me this week! Life is good.
    JLamar@knology.net if you have questions
    to know the MAYOR!!

2002 RAM THE MAYOR OF TRUCKVILLE
This discussion has been closed.