Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2022 X5 xDrive45e Price & Lease Rates

finallyboughtfinallybought Member Posts: 5
edited July 2021 in BMW
I'm a new BMW buyer, am generally new at buying cars, and am ordering a 2022 X5 xDrive45e (pretty much fully loaded). Dealer is telling me delivery will be end of September or early October. I'm wondering a few things and would very much appreciate your input:

1) Price
What discount off of MSRP should I expect or ask for? I know it is a new 2022 model but I also suspect I should be able to get something off of MSRP, especially given that it is a fully loaded car.

2) Lease Terms
I have excellent credit. Would like to put as close to zero down on a lease as possible. What money factor/buy rate/residual value is current for this? (or if not available yet because 2022 model, what is the closest thing to it?)? 3 year lease, 10k or 12k miles (not sure which I will choose). Location is SF Bay Area, California.

3) Cash Terms
There's a chance I could just pay cash for the car. My understanding is that there's no advantage to this and the dealer won't knock anything off the price. Correct?

4) Loan Terms
What should I expect if I borrow on a 5 year loan as fair financing from the dealer?

I despise buying cars so this is tough for me. I don't want to take advantage of the dealer and am happy to pay what's fair but worried that (because I'm ordering it in particular) that I will get taken advantage of.

Thanks so much for your patience and time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291

I'm a new BMW buyer, am generally new at buying cars, and am ordering a 2022 X5 xDrive45e (pretty much fully loaded). Dealer is telling me delivery will be end of September or early October. I'm wondering a few things and would very much appreciate your input:

1) Price
    What discount off of MSRP should I expect or ask for? I know it is a new 2022 model but I also suspect I should be able to get something off of MSRP, especially given that it is a fully loaded car.

2) Lease Terms
    I have excellent credit. Would like to put as close to zero down on a lease as possible. What money factor/buy rate/residual value is current for this? (or if not available yet because 2022 model, what is the closest thing to it?)? 3 year lease, 10k or 12k miles (not sure which I will choose). Location is SF Bay Area, California.

3) Cash Terms
    There's a chance I could just pay cash for the car. My understanding is that there's no advantage to this and the dealer won't knock anything off the price. Correct?

4) Loan Terms
    What should I expect if I borrow on a 5 year loan as fair financing from the dealer?

I despise buying cars so this is tough for me. I don't want to take advantage of the dealer and am happy to pay what's fair but worried that (because I'm ordering it in particular) that I will get taken advantage of.

Thanks so much for your patience and time.

1. Use the Price Checker in my signature block, though there may not be a lot of information yet
    2. 36/12 - .00093 MF and 51% RV
    3. To the dealer, all deals are cash, and shouldn't impact the negotiated price
    4. 1.9% APR for 60 months, 2.9% APR for 72 months

This is a business transaction; you aren't there to make friends with the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    finallyboughtfinallybought Member Posts: 5
    Many thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    mhikeeemhikeee Member Posts: 13

Hi, can you please tell me the lease incentives for a 2022 X5 45e, 10k/36mo, 91436

Lease cash?
    Loyalty?
    Etc?

Thank you!

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    mhikeee said:

Hi, can you please tell me the lease incentives for a 2022 X5 45e, 10k/36mo, 91436

Lease cash?

Loyalty?

Etc?

Thank you!

.00093 MF and 52% residual
    No lease incentives
    $750 loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    daegyudaegyu Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

Can you tell me incentives, mf, rv for 12k/36 91730. Thank you.
  • Options
    daegyu said:

Hello,

Can you tell me incentives, mf, rv for 12k/36 91730. Thank you.

.00093 MF and 51% residual
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    JSandersJSanders Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Can you please tell me lease incentives, MF, RV for 15K/36months, 92656 and if different, 92562.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    JSanders said:

Hi,
    Can you please tell me lease incentives, MF, RV for 15K/36months, 92656 and if different, 92562.
    Thanks!

.00111 MF and 52% residual
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks! The dealership is telling me the MF is .00136. And residual is 49%.
    Is that raising the price up a considerable amount? Sale Price is $72,295. :worried:
  • Options
    JSanders said:

Thanks! The dealership is telling me the MF is .00136. And residual is 49%.
    Is that raising the price up a considerable amount? Sale Price is $72,295. :worried:

49% is the 36/15 residual, assuming the car isn’t a demo/loaner.

Did you get this quote in October?
    Last month, the MF was .00096 (max markup is .00040)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    No, I just got this quote last week. So it seems that the MF is high but they are allowed to mark it up this much. The residual works out to 49%. I guess that they raise the MF instead of charging 5-10K over the MSRP like some of the other dealerships.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    JSanders said:

No, I just got this quote last week. So it seems that the MF is high but they are allowed to mark it up this much. The residual works out to 49%. I guess that they raise the MF instead of charging 5-10K over the MSRP like some of the other dealerships.

The residual is based on the MSRP (bottom line number of the window sticker).

Yes, .00025 is allowed, but surprising that they didn't mark it up all the way to .00151.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    jatguyjatguy Member Posts: 8

Hi - could you please share the current MF, residual, and any incentives for a 36/10k in 02118?

• Options
    jatguy said:

Hi - could you please share the current MF, residual, and any incentives for a 36/10k in 02118?

.00111 MF and 52% residual
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.